Green Day to keep 'foot in the gutter' at Soundwave

The Disappearing Boy

always make sure your foot is in your gutter cause sometimes they get lonely or crammed with leaves and shit happens yknow?

Thanks for sharing, I've posted it over to GDA.

What does mean this expression ''to keep foot in the gutter'' ?

Sounds like means to not let yourself get too crazy, like they have all these ambitions but it's important to keep yourself grounded and remember where you're from.

"It's important for this band to make more records."

THIS. Yes.

Other than that it's a really nice article with a good insight and stuff. I liked it!

"It's important for this band to make more records."

THIS. Yes.

Other than that it's a really nice article with a good insight and stuff. I liked it!

Haha I thought the same when I read it. More records is definitely good news...I just hope they can reclaim a bit more of their glory after the trilogy.

Great article! I love interviews with Mike.

It's good to see they are focused on making more albums and continuing to tour, while recognizing that they need to take a break every now and then. That's a good formula for many, many more years of Green Day :)

Great article - such an nice read! My favourite part must be this one:

"Now we've had time to let the dust settle and get our shit together, we're ready to tour and play. [but] we're going to take some breaks in between so we don't kill ourselves. It's important for this band to make more records."

It's great to hear they're planning to tour again and make more records. I mean, that might have been obvious to some people, but I guess it's still nice to hear it from Mike. I also like when he mentions that they're going to take breaks because they (now) know how important it is for them.

I just don't know about this Soundwave festival. Do the other Decepticons get their own festivals as well?

I didn't think it was particularly well written, but it's a good read. I saw it when it was first published in September, but thanks for sharing!

This was posted when it was released in the thread for the festival. I think it had its own thread at one point but I maybe wrong on that one.

Edit:

Yep I was right here it is. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/94895-interview-with-mike-in-australian-newspaper/ A scanned copy is at the top and a link is further down.

The newspapers are owned by the same person, and their stories are exactly the same, just different paper names for different cities.

Archived