Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones - Long Time Gone [Music Video]

Steven Seagull

If she was the kind of person to light something on fire, it'd be a whole other kind of song. This one is about being passive and forlorn and vaguely vengeful, with the vengeance being 'you'll miss me if I ever eventually leave' - because if you notice in the song it's 'when I leave', not 'I'm fucking outta here, eat my dust'.

I see a sad girl and cowboy boots and I think matches and flames. I blame Miranda Lambert and the fact I don't actually care about country music.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could have used the wake me up when september ends video for this, just change the music with Norah and Billie making out in the fields :)

i kinda liked the video, tbh. i don't think this kind of song is supposed to have a less "boring" video (like you say). i also think it's awesome that Billie is doing something like this, since he grew up with this type of music c:

Nice scenery but rather pointless and weird, and I don't feel it uh, 'grasped' the song's feeling well. But it's fine :D

The video may not be anything special but it's nice, it fits the song's vibe!

I love the song so much :wub:

I like the video, fits the song really well. Obviously it would be better with some Billie and Norah though :P, it's always more interesting to see the artists who recorded a song be the ones to do a visual take on it by acting in a video than to see actors do it so it would've been way cooler to have Norah and Billie as the couple. Or even just some shots of them since we all want to see them singing together! But hopefully we'll get that at some point.

Archived