Green Day wins MTV EMA for Best Rock (?)

Requila

Apparently it's just a thank you and we'll be touring soon 10 second job. Not even worth switching on the telly for :P

Really meh...ah well saves my eyes...and ears! Thanx ;) Can't believe they won though *-*

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really meh...ah well saves my eyes...and ears! Thanx ;) Can't believe they won though *-*

Genuinely surprised they did, especially considering they had half decent opposition for once :P

If it's the US one, don't waste your time. It's edited and they don't show Billie.

nope...i'm in Ireland we aren't into chopping parts out or adverts every ten seconds...instead it's hours of woeful crappy "music" for ten seconds of Billie...poop!

I got so excited when I saw Billie last night. I just had it on in the background while I was reading and dropped my book when I saw him! :lol:

Genuinely surprised they did, especially considering they had half decent opposition for once :P

Guilty of not voting actually...and i have no idea who the opposition was...i assume it was good though as it was best rock?

Guilty of not voting actually...and i have no idea who the opposition was...i assume it was good though as it was best rock?

QOTSA, Black Sabbath, KOL, and The Killers, I think. Serious enough.

I am optimistic about what "see you soon" means. I think we'll be seeing a lot of green day this year. I am very hopeful for a UK tour, they did plan and cancel one, so they'll definitely be back soon!

QOTSA, Black Sabbath, KOL, and The Killers, I think. Serious enough.

Hey that's actually pretty impressive considering the past year has been shitty enough for GD and some of those bands are fairly huge right now.

Hey that's actually pretty impressive considering the past year has been shitty enough for GD and some of those bands are fairly huge right now.

That's why I was pretty surprised. Not sure GD's win was deserved either, but that's neither here nor there :P

MTV's awards are voted by fans. So, any winner would be "deserved", as long as they have fans voting, simple as that. It's always been that way!

I am optimistic about what "see you soon" means. I think we'll be seeing a lot of green day this year. I am very hopeful for a UK tour, they did plan and cancel one, so they'll definitely be back soon!

...when?

I also don't see why anyone is expecting a third tour of Europe while the U.S. only got one.

...when?

I also don't see why anyone is expecting a third tour of Europe while the U.S. only got one.

I'm expecting a world tour. :lol: I know, I might be a dreamer but if it's any similar to what happened previously that's how it would go...

I'm expecting a world tour. :lol: I know, I might be a dreamer but if it's any similar to what happened previously that's how it would go...

I don't think this is gonna happen. I mean the band want to do things more simply now. And it is to their credit.

I don't think this is gonna happen. I mean the band want to do things more simply now. And it is to their credit.

Yes, they do what they feel like doing. I know a world tour is not very realistic but that's what I was always thinking they would do from the start. Like, when the European tour ended I didn't think for a minute those would be the last tour dates. This is a very optimistic thought but I like to think this way... I don't think I'll be too disappointed if they don't come to Europe, but it's always something I hope for. 'Cause, who doesn't want to see them again? :P

Yes, they do what they feel like doing. I know a world tour is not very realistic but that's what I was always thinking they would do from the start. Like, when the European tour ended I didn't think for a minute those would be the last tour dates. This is a very optimistic thought but I like to think this way... I don't think I'll be too disappointed if they don't come to Europe, but it's always something I hope for. 'Cause, who doesn't want to see them again? :P

Absolutely. But I'm not speculating on their return on the road, cause I don't expect seeing (to see ?) them, i mean, ok I'm pessimistic, but every time I could have the chance to see them, something went wrong, and finally, I just stopped hoping.. Anyway, it would be cool for all the Idiot, though.

Absolutely. But I'm not speculating on their return on the road, cause I don't expect seeing (to see ?) them, i mean, ok I'm pessimistic, but every time I could have the chance to see them, something went wrong, and finally, I just stopped hoping.. Anyway, it would be cool for all the Idiot, though.

Oh, don't worry your day will come! If not this year, next time they're on tour! Good things come to those who wait. :)

TOUR?! Right they haven't toured South America, Japan (proper), Asia.. it's like the 99 Revolutions Tour isn't done yet. They'd go all the way to Australia next year, might as well fit in something (like Asia, why not) on their way back home (for the 2nd leg of US tour). I am kind of optimistic and make all the assumptions from Billie's words. :lol:

Anyway, congrats Green Day for the EMA award!

I just like that he's wearing his baby face pin again :lol:

I think it is significant that they won. Sure, it's a popularity-who-can-click-the-most award, but it's still against significant competitors in a very down year for the band. Viva la Green Day.

I just like that he's wearing his baby face pin again :lol:

I think it is significant that they won. Sure, it's a popularity-who-can-click-the-most award, but it's still against significant competitors in a very down year for the band. Viva la Green Day.

Yeah it's true I don't see where's the interest to allow to vote 100 times a day, it's not equal and logic at all, but... they won, though. I'm waiting for the WMA, I pray that they show up !!!

Oh, don't worry your day will come! If not this year, next time they're on tour! Good things come to those who wait. :)

It's hard to wait when I think they're ALREADY 40/41, time goes so fast. *thoughtful moment*

I was SO fucking shocked! I was watching EMAs with some friends and I didn't expect this AT ALL.

Shocked is the word. When I heard Green Day I just jump on my chair and go ''WHAAAAT ????!'' Really unexpected, mainly in this category, sorry, to me they definitively deserved the Live Act award.

A little sad they didn't won best live, which they totally deserved it =/

But to me they won the best of the 3 awards :happy: I'm so proud of them :dance:

Archived