Green Day wins MTV EMA for Best Rock (?)

Requila

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :)

Each time they win an EMA, I remember how they didn't win the first time around they were nominated, in 1995. And they should have...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's cool they won this award, but I'm saving my excitement for when something is official and written, because for now, I'm assuming he means the Australia end of the tour.

About time! So glad they got it! :') I'm so proud of our boys and the fans who voted! :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's cool they won this award, but I'm saving my excitement for when something is official and written, because for now, I'm assuming he means the Australia end of the tour.

this. i don't dare to hope anymore.

So mad U.S. MTV cut this :(

Maybe they were just saving us the pain of hearing "We're going on tour soon" or whatever when it's probably not applicable to us. :lol::mellow: lbr, though, Billie's oblivious enough to say "We're touring soon" on a show addressed to people where that isn't applicable. We'll see what happens in February and beyond. =/

Who else was nominated?

In the category "Best Rock" : Green Day, Black Sabbath, Kings Of Leon, Queens Of The Stone Age, and The Killers.

In the category "Best Rock" : Green Day, Black Sabbath, Kings Of Leon, Queens Of The Stone Age, and The Killers.

I am sorry, but in my opinion, QOTSA are better than Green Day. Certainly in terms of their latest stuff. That's balls. But then again, their fans aren't exactly the type to go online and frantically vote for them in awards ten times a day. :lol:

I would put GD second though. :P

*runs away from the impending doom coming my way*

I am sorry, but in my opinion, QOTSA are better than Green Day. Certainly in terms of their latest stuff. That's balls. But then again, their fans aren't exactly the type to go online and frantically vote for them in awards ten times a day. :lol:

I would put GD second though. :P

*runs away from the impending doom coming my way*

Anyway these awards have no meaning imo. Not even worth to watch them. :lol:

Anyway these awards have no meaning imo. Not even worth to watch them. :lol:

Oh good, I was going to say that too but thought it'd be a much :P I had a good laugh at the reactions here, you'd swear they'd won a Grammy.

Oh good, I was going to say that too but thought it'd be a much :P I had a good laugh at the reactions here, you'd swear they'd won a Grammy.

I think most people here are happy with this award because nobody expected that they would win even a worthless award.

Yeah what's with the negativity? Who cares if it's not a Grammy. They've had a difficult year, very little promotion of the albums, they've been off the mainstream radar for a while.

You know guys, he dont say something very incredible, just thank you and see you soon again...

anyway, if I found the HQ vid, I'll put it there.

Yeah what's with the negativity? Who cares if it's not a Grammy. They've had a difficult year, very little promotion of the albums, they've been off the mainstream radar for a while.

Yeah, I think that's the point. No one expected them to win an award after this year full of difficulties, no matter which award. Of course Green Day don't need to be "confirmed" by the EMAs or whatever, it's still a really nice reminder for everyone they're still around and rocking. They deserve this so much and on top of that, it was ace to see Billie's face on TV :P

Because no one gives a fuck about GD right now. I'm shocked they even won this to be honest :P

Clearly that's not true! :fuckyou::P

I'm also shocked they won, but it kinda proves that even if their latest albums weren't very successful, they're still relevant enough to win this (which is basically a popularity award)! :D

I think most people here are happy with this award because nobody expected that they would win even a worthless award.

Again, even if it doesn't say anything about how good the music is, I think winning this award was important specially now. And I'm super happy about this. :D

I hate that I couldn't watch this and that I can't find vids of performances or nothing so far. But congrats to Green Day!! And Billie's looking mighty fine from what I see in those photos ;)

Anyone know how far into the show Best Rock award was? Its being repeated on MTV over here at 6pm and since I haven't seen it I wanted to see Billie's speech...but I'd rather poke out my eyes than watch the full thing...anyone any idea roughly how far in?

Anyone know how far into the show Best Rock award was? Its being repeated on MTV over here at 6pm and since I haven't seen it I wanted to see Billie's speech...but I'd rather poke out my eyes than watch the full thing...anyone any idea roughly how far in?

Apparently it's just a thank you and we'll be touring soon 10 second job. Not even worth switching on the telly for :P

yaaaaay :D

i was watching the whole damn show, even that red carpet thingy in the hope i'd at least see them there...when i didn't see them there, i was pretty sad and thought they probably won't win anything, so they weren't invited, but i decided on watching it anyways...i still had a little hope, didn't really expect anything, though :lol: ...when i suddenly saw Billie, heard him talking and realized that they won Best Rock, i sat there with my mouth open for some seconds and afterwards i just screamed "yeaaah, yeaaaah, YEAAHHH" (it was sunday evening, but who cares? xD), i jumped through the whole room and then i wanted to see it again, so i just rewound (it works with our TV :P ) and watched it again.

then my mom first only said "so this is why we watched that whole show?? for that?" in a kinda sarcastic voice though ;) and when i rewound it she just said "ah no, come on, it's late and you have to go to school, so don't do that all the time..." :lol:

and yeah of course it was important to rewind it a third time because i wanted to tell my friend everything about it and wanted to be sure that i don't tell her anything wrong :lol:

If it's the US one, don't waste your time. It's edited and they don't show Billie.

Archived