Why is Billie Joe the best frontman ever?

James!

Okay so I have to do a 10 minute presentation on why I think he is (that's what I decided to pick) but I thought it would be cool to have some quotes from you guys in the PowerPoint

I intend to do a kind of biography and then include the charity work and videos such as the one he did with 80

I also would like help with videos I want to use one with the best feedback from the audience were they sing back? But there's that many and I have so little time I was hoping somebody could help me out

ANY HELP would be Great:D

***mods if this is not allowed or in the wrong place feel free to tell me what a close it etc ***

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen alot of bands live and its the simple things that make the lead a good front man, conversation and heyyy ohhhhh is to me alot better than 30 minute solos or a shit tone of pyro.

Ive seen alot of bands live and its the simple things that make the lead a good front man, conversation and heyyy ohhhhh is to me alot better than 30 minute solos or a shit tone of pyro.

I think I'm gunna use AI for showing that because now he doesn't sing it yknow what I mean? He doesn't need to

he interacts with the crowd. he doesn't just come oon stage, play his songs and leaves. he makes sure that every person in that crowd has a hell of a time and doesn't leave until he accomplishes that. he's not in it for the money like most, he's in it to see the smiles on our faces and help us through the hardest times in our lives when no one else can.

Because he connects with people in the audience, looks at them and speaks to them and makes them feel they are part of the show (that's apart from getting half of them actually up on stage). Most bands play as if they are ignoring the crowd and barely even look at them.

And because he's a show off ha ha.

^^We wrote that at the same time!

I've never seen any frontman, and even any band member, disguising in titty during a gig or telling dirty jokes, bringing up fifteen persons going totally nuts; like them. Never.

He cares about his fans... it makes me admire him even more - the fact that he ALWAYS includes the audience. It is just one of the many reasons that sets Green Day apart

He always bring someone on stage and I think it's awesome.

THANKYOU for this I forgot to put that in haha

He is great but there is no frontman like Freddie.

I'm putting this In he got all his ideas from Freddie

I agree with all of the above

Another thing I love about his frontman skills is that he makes sure everyone looks out for each other - it's not just a mosh pit. One of the first things he says at the Jaded in Chicago concert was to pick people up if they fell over, and there's that video of homecoming when he stops the song. And of course when he fights the guy in the crowd! :lol:

Because Billie, Mike and Tré played huge shows : Woodstock 94, Lollapalloza 94, playing all around the world, doing european, asian ... tours .....

Or this :lol:

I was at that show omg :')

Because he's Billie and his a shithead.. in a good way :happy:

I agree with everything that's been said so far, so my original point to make is that he can play a small venue and make it feel huge, and he can play a huge venue and make it feel intimate. His crowd interactions, appreciation for his fans, gratitude for being in the position he is, on stage energy, SOLID rhythm playing and ability to keep going for hours even at his age all make up for the fact he pushes his voice too hard and can struggle to carry on singing later in the show.

I'm probably going to repeat what was said already but he's different then most musicians. I love how he interacts with the fans and also makes sure everyone is having a good time. At the show I went to the girl who sang Longview stagedived, she was a larger girl and Billie made sure her and everyone around her were ok. "Is everyone alright?" Also how he's so wild onstage but totally different in person. So down to earth and friendly. Also I don't know if it's just me but when they post on Instagram it makes me feel like we're part of their families.

Billie made sure her and everyone around her were ok. "Is everyone alright?"

Also in Locarno. There was a level under the actual stage so Billie said to the Longview girl to jump from there.

Also I don't know if it's just me but when they post on Instagram it makes me feel like we're part of their families.

It's not only you, I also love the sense of proximity that they achieve when they post there. :happy:

Archived