Donation to help with costs Read more... ×

Hair, Make Up & Beauty

Nele

I like it :D Good you posted this on here. I wouldn've recognized you ^-^

It looks really good. :)

Have to admit I LOVE it too. And I really liked your longer hair with the green underneath, but now you can really see your face and neck. Very pretty Nele!

:o I love it, Nele!

Thanks guys! :wub: It's great, so far nobody I only got positive comments on it. :happy:

I've also bought a tube of hair gel, let's see what I'll be able to do with it. :D

Reagan

Please forgive my crappy mascara job. I was sort of in a rush, but I DID manage to get my eyeliner done well because I've been trying this new brush. It's awesome. :3

Eye001.jpg

Sorry it's so big. :P

Boston

I just got a really solid trim that's mildly beiber-esque but I'm fine with it. I'll post up some pictures later, I'm not sure if I've shared my short hair with GDC.

Four.

I think you did in the old picture thread. I remember seeing a picture of you with short hair anyway.

ChuckTaylors

omg guize what do you think of my new back to school look??!?!?!

StarredPhotos.jpg

Lol jk but I do have a relatively new look to go back to school with. My hair is not only back blonde, but also much longer.

• Like 2

Penguin Puffball

I'm in the process of bleaching sections of my hair so I can dye it green but I feel like the bleaching is going to fail.

_Iris_

I'm in the process of bleaching sections of my hair so I can dye it green but I feel like the bleaching is going to fail.

doesn't have to be perfect if you dye it afterwards ;) but I guess it depends on the green you use. As for a darker one it really doesn't matter, if it's a very light one rather go too light (if your hair can take that) than having still yellow or orange spots ^-^

Penguin Puffball

doesn't have to be perfect if you dye it afterwards ;) but I guess it depends on the green you use. As for a darker one it really doesn't matter, if it's a very light one rather go too light (if your hair can take that) than having still yellow or orange spots ^-^

It didn't bleach...at all. So I'm going to leave that up to my mom when she comes home.

I'm not supposed to shampoo my hair for 24 hours prior to bleaching but there's still stuff in it from last night and it feels all gross. :sick:

Four.

It didn't bleach...at all. So I'm going to leave that up to my mom when she comes home.

I'm not supposed to shampoo my hair for 24 hours prior to bleaching but there's still stuff in it from last night and it feels all gross. :sick:

How long did you leave it in for? From pictures, your hair is REALLY dark, so you'd have to leave it in for long.

_Iris_

jep leave it in as long as possiple, rinse it out (water only!), blow dry it and if your hair kan take it without falling out put another layer on top. As I said if it's a dark green it is enough to bleach until the darkest parkts are a light orange...

Ashley!

Are you using bleach for dark hair? Regular bleach doesn't work in my hair, I have to get the kind that is specifically for dark hair. I also leave it in for two to three hours, that usually does the trick.

NothingButYourImagination

It also depends on what level lift of bleach you're using. The higher volume of lift, the more intense the bleach is. From what I know, the lowest level is 10 volume and the highest is 40 volume.

Rita

Okay so I prefer to wash the bleach out of my hair only when it turns a desirable color, that's the trick. :)

blitzkriegdeb

I just saw this on pintrest. I have no idea if it actually works but I think I'm gonna try it.

"Rich in proteins, vitamins and super- nurturing fatty acids, egg yolks wont only make your hair softer, shinier and healthier but help you to grow it long as well. And, in order to get all the benefits egg yolks provide, simply mix 2 egg yolks with 2 tbsp of olive oil, dilute the mixture by adding a cup of water and then slowly and thoroughly massage this mask into your scalp. Give your hair and scalp 15 to 20 minutes to absorb all the needed nutrients and then rinse off."

I tried this today, it seems like it worked pretty good. My hair seems a bit softer than normal. :)

I gave myself a little spa day today. I made a homemade facial mask out of puréed cucumber, olive oil, and green tea and it felt amazing. Plus I did the cliched cucumber slices on the eye thing.

Penguin Puffball

I used 30 volume, left it on 40 minutes and it didn't even touch it. I probably didn't mix it right or something. My hair is naturally almost black so it takes a lot to bleach xD

NothingButYourImagination

I used 30 volume, left it on 40 minutes and it didn't even touch it. I probably didn't mix it right or something. My hair is naturally almost black so it takes a lot to bleach xD

I typically use 40 volume just so I don't have to spend as much time with bleach on my head. If you plastic\cling wrap the parts that are being bleached, that'll help keep it going along with applying heat from the hair dryer to set it in. It's the same principle for hair dye; both are most active when applied\wet and wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and set in under heat.

Emilie

I'm thinking of going as Magenta from Rocky Horror to a costume party. So I have to figure out how to make my hair as frizzy and big as possible

patricia-quinn.jpeg

I don't need it as big as Patricia Quinn's but it's gotta sort of look like it.

I was going to do loads of plaits while it was wet and keep it like that overnight, then backcomb it when it dried. But the party starts three hours after school finishes and I'm not going to school that day with 10 plaits in my hair :lol: If I plait it while wet, then leave it in two hours before blow drying it, backcomb it, and put loads of hairspray in, should it keep? I heard mousse works better but I only want to do that if I have to. I have a weird thing against having cream or mousse on my hands :ermm:

solongfromthestars

My hair's almost black and I use Stargazer bleach, I leave it on for about an hour and fifteen minutes. It doesn't go platinum blonde but it lightens enough for most colours to work fine. It's naturally curly though so if there are any colour imperfections you don't generally see them, that might be more of a problem if you've got straight hair.

Ashley!

I tried this today, it seems like it worked pretty good. My hair seems a bit softer than normal. :)

I tried it a few days ago as well. My hair is definitely softer, now hopefully it will grow a little faster. :lol:

Reagan

I've heard mayonaise and egg yolks are really good for your hair. (The leftover egg whites can be used as a facial mask, too.)

I've also heard Olive Oil works. I've used Argan oil and it defrizzes, softens, and smells good too. :3

I don't know if this is true or not, but someone once told me that when using mayonaise or egg yolk in your hair, wash it out with beer and it will be extra soft. I've never done this, but...You could always try haha.

Oh! Olive oil is also great for makeup remover when you run out of remover.

It doesn't clog pores if you use virgin olive oil. Plus it makes your eyelashes softer. :3

Four.

Beer is super sticky though.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

I think olive oil is even harder to get out of your hair though, and that seems to work as well.

I'd rather try washing my hair with beer than with olive oil.

Also washing your hair with eggs totally reminds me of Pippi Longstocking.

Ashley!

I've heard mayonaise and egg yolks are really good for your hair. (The leftover egg whites can be used as a facial mask, too.)

I've also heard Olive Oil works. I've used Argan oil and it defrizzes, softens, and smells good too. :3

I don't know if this is true or not, but someone once told me that when using mayonaise or egg yolk in your hair, wash it out with beer and it will be extra soft. I've never done this, but...You could always try haha.

Oh! Olive oil is also great for makeup remover when you run out of remover.

It doesn't clog pores if you use virgin olive oil. Plus it makes your eyelashes softer. :3

I used olive oil before and I didn't like it. It made my hair super soft but it was a bitch to get out of my hair.

Reagan

I used olive oil before and I didn't like it. It made my hair super soft but it was a bitch to get out of my hair.

Yeah, you have to shampoo it alot. Which just dries your hair out, unless you have a REALLY good shampoo.

Ashley!

Yeah, you have to shampoo it alot. Which just dries your hair out, unless you have a REALLY good shampoo.

Yup, so it pretty much defeats the whole purpose of using it.