Donation to help with costs Read more... ×

Hair, Make Up & Beauty

lizziebix

I found out yesterday that my new-ish hairdresser broke her wrist in 2 places and won't be working for at least 2 months.  :(

maryjanewhatsername
1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

I found out yesterday that my new-ish hairdresser broke her wrist in 2 places and won't be working for at least 2 months.  :(

That sucks :( I couldn't live without my hairdresser. I have naturally damn near black hair and it is bleached platinum-silver, so it takes a lot of maintenance! 

lizziebix
15 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

That sucks :( I couldn't live without my hairdresser. I have naturally damn near black hair and it is bleached platinum-silver, so it takes a lot of maintenance! 

Mine ' s naturally silver because of age (!) so mine needs lots of maintenance to cover it all every 6 to 8 weeks. 

Luckily another hairdresser in her shop is just as good and I felt comfortable having her cut and color my haircut.

• Like 1

maryjanewhatsername
3 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Mine ' s naturally silver because of age (!) so mine needs lots of maintenance to cover it all every 6 to 8 weeks. 

Luckily another hairdresser in her shop is just as good and I felt comfortable having her cut and color my haircut.

That's always good! Lol I always assumed you were in your early 20s!! 

lizziebix
1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

That's always good! Lol I always assumed you were in your early 20s!! 

:lol:  I'm a very long way away from that decade.  But thanks.

• Love 2

She-Loves-Him
7 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

:lol:  I'm a very long way away from that decade.  But thanks.

Still wouldn’t know it!!

• Love 1

lizziebix
1 minute ago, She-Loves-Him said:

Still wouldn’t know it!!

Thanks sweetie!

Emilie

My grandma needs helppp

i came back from holiday and my sister had bleached and then dyed grandmas hair blue and yellow :( it’s been at least a week and grandma is washing and washing to get it out but most of it won’t budge. She doesn’t have the money to go to a salon and the mobile hairdresser couldn’t really do much to help it and couldn’t give advice other than to keep washing. What can she do? She considered even just grabbing a brown box dye to try and cover it 

Hermione
4 hours ago, Emilie said:

My grandma needs helppp

i came back from holiday and my sister had bleached and then dyed grandmas hair blue and yellow :( it’s been at least a week and grandma is washing and washing to get it out but most of it won’t budge. She doesn’t have the money to go to a salon and the mobile hairdresser couldn’t really do much to help it and couldn’t give advice other than to keep washing. What can she do? She considered even just grabbing a brown box dye to try and cover it 

I've never used it myself but there is such a thing as hair dye remover/stripper, it's usually sold alongside box dyes in the shop. Could try that plus then a box dye if needed. I've only seen it in shops and don't know how good it is or if it's definitely designed for your grandma's situation though so I'd google about it first.

Emilie
9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I've never used it myself but there is such a thing as hair dye remover/stripper, it's usually sold alongside box dyes in the shop. Could try that plus then a box dye if needed. I've only seen it in shops and don't know how good it is or if it's definitely designed for your grandma's situation though so I'd google about it first.

We had a look at that and figured they’d be too harsh for her hair 😕 same reason she doesn’t want to bleach it again. Although if anyone has experience with those strippers and can tell me if they are bad for your hair...

AlissaGoesRAWR
1 hour ago, Emilie said:

We had a look at that and figured they’d be too harsh for her hair 😕 same reason she doesn’t want to bleach it again. Although if anyone has experience with those strippers and can tell me if they are bad for your hair...

My coworker just used one this week and said it wasn’t too harsh but it definitely didn’t return her hair to its natural color as it was supposed to (it turned it sort of blonde-orange) and she had to dye it again. That dye still didn’t cover right though so she’s back to square one and worried that she’s going to start damaging it, so she’s also just washing it until it fades enough. 

I don’t know if it depends what you’re trying to fix, though. She’s trying to do a shade of red that won’t cover evenly and it keeps coming out patchy and leeching into the shower when she washes it. 

Unfortunately as expensive as it is, a professional salon may be the best way to fix it without completely destroying your grandma’s hair in the process. They may be able to do some deep conditioning treatments too.

How on earth did her hair end up blue and yellow? 

Emilie
3 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

My coworker just used one this week and said it wasn’t too harsh but it definitely didn’t return her hair to its natural color as it was supposed to (it turned it sort of blonde-orange) and she had to dye it again. That dye still didn’t cover right though so she’s back to square one and worried that she’s going to start damaging it, so she’s also just washing it until it fades enough. 

I don’t know if it depends what you’re trying to fix, though. She’s trying to do a shade of red that won’t cover evenly and it keeps coming out patchy and leeching into the shower when she washes it. 

Unfortunately as expensive as it is, a professional salon may be the best way to fix it without completely destroying your grandma’s hair in the process. They may be able to do some deep conditioning treatments too.

How on earth did her hair end up blue and yellow? 

I might wait for my next pay check and treat grandma to a day at the hairdresser. 

my sister dyed it rainbow :lol: everything washed out except the blue and yellow dyes. So most of her head is bleached but she has a Mohawk line of yellow and a blue patch on the side. Poor thing wants me to bring her a scarf so she can go to the supermarket cause she won’t go out in public

She-Loves-Him
33 minutes ago, Emilie said:

I might wait for my next pay check and treat grandma to a day at the hairdresser. 

my sister dyed it rainbow :lol: everything washed out except the blue and yellow dyes. So most of her head is bleached but she has a Mohawk line of yellow and a blue patch on the side. Poor thing wants me to bring her a scarf so she can go to the supermarket cause she won’t go out in public

And your grandma.... let her do that to her? :mellow: 

Emilie
20 minutes ago, She-Loves-Him said:

And your grandma.... let her do that to her? :mellow: 

Yep... ://// grandma actually suggested the multi colours because she has a friend who keeps her hair like that. She just didn’t realise that her friend never uses yellow

solongfromthestars
7 hours ago, Emilie said:

My grandma needs helppp

A dark brown or black box dye should definitely cover it if there's no other option. I used a black Clairol dye over bright pink and I was scared it'd show through, but it hasn't even though I've never dyed it again.

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR

This is why I have hair-dyeing anxiety. Aside from some horrible blonde highlights in eighth grade, I've never touched it. I'm so afraid I'd never be able to get it back to normal again. :lol: 

maryjanewhatsername
2 hours ago, Emilie said:

Yep... ://// grandma actually suggested the multi colours because she has a friend who keeps her hair like that. She just didn’t realise that her friend never uses yellow

If you live in the states, there's a really awesome shampoo (gentle but strips out colors and helps tone hair) and you can find it at most beauty supply stores. It's a blue shampoo by Joico. If you can't find that one, Brass Be Gone by Matrix is a perfect dupe! 

Emilie
7 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

A dark brown or black box dye should definitely cover it if there's no other option. I used a black Clairol dye over bright pink and I was scared it'd show through, but it hasn't even though I've never dyed it again.

Oh thanks!

5 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

If you live in the states, there's a really awesome shampoo (gentle but strips out colors and helps tone hair) and you can find it at most beauty supply stores. It's a blue shampoo by Joico. If you can't find that one, Brass Be Gone by Matrix is a perfect dupe! 

I’m Australian :( not sure we have anything gentle enough available. Maybe i could just pop by the hairhouse warehouse and ask

• Like 1

She-Loves-Him
4 minutes ago, Emilie said:

Oh thanks!

I’m Australian :( not sure we have anything gentle enough available. Maybe i could just pop by the hairhouse warehouse and ask

Hairhouse Warehouse, or warehouse of Hairhouse?? Either way, :lol: 

Khaleesi.

It finall feels like spring :happy: 

59306081_10161727057950252_3272330768164

• Like 1

She-Loves-Him

I’ve kept my nails nice for at least a month now :dance: I got the supplies to do gel polish at home, which has helped a ton. 

Montclare

When you're too lazy to do stripes on all your nails.

5MRNNpd.jpg