Hair, Make Up & Beauty

Libertine Angel

Well it's pretty much done now, we don't actually have hair clippers so it could be better but they should be arriving next week so I'll probably post in the Picture Thread then :P 

• Like 3

Beerjeezus
6 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

1 - oh, it's 150% that :lol:

2 - uh yeah brb need 1000(0) hours of practice first

:wub: he's such an influence 

I need to see it 

Eva

How do barbers work? I haven’t been to one before but I probably will go to one this week because it’s cheaper and I have a men’s haircut anyway, but it’s a little intimidating. I have no idea how they work or what to expect :lol: 

Trotsky
3 hours ago, Eva said:

How do barbers work? I haven’t been to one before but I probably will go to one this week because it’s cheaper and I have a men’s haircut anyway, but it’s a little intimidating. I have no idea how they work or what to expect :lol: 

You just walk in. If there are others sitting down waiting you sit down too, then they'll say "next" and people go in the order they came, you describe what you want done when it's your turn. Once it's done you can look it over and see if you want anything more done with it, then you pay. If you're back in America, a tip is expected, you could pay $15 for a $12. And that's that.

• Like 1

laurels

I'm in desperate need of advice. I'm an 18-year-old girl and I keep thinking about getting a buzz cut. I think it's empowering, brave and edgy. There's just one minor issue - my mom is against it. Like, REALLY against it. I love my mom, which is why this pains me, but I also feel like now is the time for me to experiment and have fun. I have no clue what to do.

She-Loves-Him
34 minutes ago, laurels said:

I'm in desperate need of advice. I'm an 18-year-old girl and I keep thinking about getting a buzz cut. I think it's empowering, brave and edgy. There's just one minor issue - my mom is against it. Like, REALLY against it. I love my mom, which is why this pains me, but I also feel like now is the time for me to experiment and have fun. I have no clue what to do.

Maybe start with an undercut of sorts and let her warm up to it?

or just buzz it, you’re 18 and it’s your hair and if it turns out badly (which I’m sure it won’t) you’re the one who has to live with it?

Emilie
On 28/02/2018 at 5:49 AM, laurels said:

do you live with her? Also why is she against it? 

I buzzed my hair a couple of years ago. I started with a pixie cut and then buzzed it. Maybe you could start with a short pixie? 

E X H A U S T E D
On 2/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, laurels said:

When I was 12, I had hair down to my mid thighs. But it was really annoying. So, I wanted a pixie cut. Well, my mom always wanted hair like mine, so she was super against the idea. But, ultimately, it was my hair, and my decision. I went to Great Clips and got a pixie cut.

I love my mom too, and I didn't like disappointing her, but it was my hair, my mistake, and besides, hair grows back. My advice is to calmly explain this to your mom, and then get it done.

You're young, too. Now's the time to experiment, when you've got many years left to figure stuff out. 

Khaleesi.

Haircut regret. :(

It needed to be done to make my hair nice and healthy again but ughhhhhh. It's short and I miss my mermaid hair :cry: 

paperlanterns1

0c18e0b3bc90577bee0a868f06a43e7b.jpg    

39/smooth is my favorite :wub:

• Like 3

lizziebix

Good hair day.  Got a color and cut.  Feels good.

• Like 3

Eva

My mohawk is coming in nicely

• Like 2

Penguin Puffball

So I started actually doing my hair on a regular basis and I'm quite liking it. I don't do much, I just straighten my bangs so they're not unruly as they grow back in, and throw some gel and hairspray in my hair and scrunch. My mom suggested I use mousse instead because my hair's already naturally curly, so I bought some mousse today and I'm gonna try it out on Saturday.

Emilie

@Sonia. you’re great with makeup - I’m looking at two palettes and idk which to buy now. Anastasia subculture or Too Faced chocolate gold?

i feel like I’d get more use out of subculture but there’s one green shade in the chocolate gold that makes me swoooon

• Like 1

Hermione

I'm considering dyeing my hair really dark blue like this dye. I'm scared though lol, only ever dyed my hair once before and it was with henna when I was 12. I was just going to dye it darker brown since I have an increasing amount of grey hairs turning up but idk now, black or dark blue would be more fun. Hmmmm

• Like 1

Sonia.
15 hours ago, Emilie said:

@Sonia. you’re great with makeup - I’m looking at two palettes and idk which to buy now. Anastasia subculture or Too Faced chocolate gold?

i feel like I’d get more use out of subculture but there’s one green shade in the chocolate gold that makes me swoooon

The thing is that they both require very different methods of using them.

The Subculture is extremely pigmented, but like legit pressed pigments. I don't know if you have Makeup Revolution there, but they have this palette called Iconic Division (?) (I think) which is basically exactly the Subculture, so if you want the shades without the mess of the formula and at a fraction of the price, you could get that and a few singles that are similar to the shades you liked from the Chocolate Gold. 

The Chocolate Gold is great if you want a few neutrals and more fun glittery shades. 

• Like 2

Emilie
3 hours ago, Sonia. said:

The thing is that they both require very different methods of using them.

The Subculture is extremely pigmented, but like legit pressed pigments. I don't know if you have Makeup Revolution there, but they have this palette called Iconic Division (?) (I think) which is basically exactly the Subculture, so if you want the shades without the mess of the formula and at a fraction of the price, you could get that and a few singles that are similar to the shades you liked from the Chocolate Gold. 

The Chocolate Gold is great if you want a few neutrals and more fun glittery shades. 

Hmmm okay. We don't have Makeup Revolution here afaik. And the range in stores for any brand is kind of abysmal when you're looking for shadows with colour :( And I've found some good ones online, but with currency conversion and then shipping and customs fees, it always works out to be too expensive.

I may try ordering the Iconic Division online though! Thanks :happy: 

EDIT: Iconic Division isn't available 😩l'll see what others they have though

NothingButYourImagination

Just got my first order from Black Moon Cosmetics since they had a sale. I got their Glamor Ghoul set which has 2 liquid lipsticks. "Sleepwalker" which is pure black, and "Luna" which is pearlescent glitter shade that can transform any liquid matte to a have a glittery holo look. 

Sonia.
8 hours ago, Emilie said:

Hmmm okay. We don't have Makeup Revolution here afaik. And the range in stores for any brand is kind of abysmal when you're looking for shadows with colour :( And I've found some good ones online, but with currency conversion and then shipping and customs fees, it always works out to be too expensive.

I may try ordering the Iconic Division online though! Thanks :happy: 

EDIT: Iconic Division isn't available 😩l'll see what others they have though

I don't know how you feel about Nyx (I'm personally not a fan of their eyeshadows) but they have a lot of colourful palettes now. 

I Heart Makeup, (basically owned my Makeup Revolution) have a palette called I Heart Chocolate -Mint Chocolate that you might like

Emilie
1 hour ago, Sonia. said:

I don't know how you feel about Nyx (I'm personally not a fan of their eyeshadows) but they have a lot of colourful palettes now. 

I Heart Makeup, (basically owned my Makeup Revolution) have a palette called I Heart Chocolate -Mint Chocolate that you might like

I have a neutral palette of Nyx shadows that I use and it's ok. They don't sell their colourful ones in Australia though :lol: 

But I figured out what to do - I'm gonna grab a couple of singles in greeny shades on beautybay, then I can eventually get a cheaper palette that could go with it.

In Australia there are only a couple of cruelty free chemist/drugstore brands around (and they're not great), most of the cruelty free options are what you'd find at Sephora or Mecca. That's why I'm not really turned off by the price of Anastasia, because it's close to what I'd pay for anything else.

Hermione

I just dyed my hair blue black and I'm so happy with it :D. It's really dark so it's basically just black lol, but it means it has a nice cool tone to it and in sunlight there's a slight blue tinge. And no random grey hairs to find, and it's made it feel smoother and in better condition...I'll probably be addicted to dyeing my hair now.

• Like 2

Emilie

Woo the too faced peaches and cream collection is coming to Australia! I’ve heard only good things about that loose powder so I can’t wait to try that and the primer 

She-Loves-Him

I got UV gel nails almost three weeks ago in an effort to allow my own nails to grow out nicely and to prevent myself from destroying the skin around them. It's been really nice and I've rather liked having them. They've definitely grown out a ton at this point though, so it's either time to get them redone or take them off and hope for the best. 

I'm thinking of just getting them redone so my nails have another few weeks to keep growing, and then I'll go back to doing them myself or maybe get one round of shellac... I just don't know if I want to spend another $50 on them! 

Montclare

Valentine's Day nails. :)

njnvsGJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

maryjanewhatsername
16 hours ago, Montclare said:

Valentine's Day nails. :)

THESE ARE SO ADORABLE! 

• Thanks 1