Donation to help with costs Read more... ×

Hair, Make Up & Beauty

Undómiel

Yep, this is my old username revived :P

Why the '_'? :P

_Iris_

It's because it doesn't cost much.

Directions is cheaper (at least for me if I order from the internet)...well it comes in a smaller amount but I think if you compare how often you have to redye you're hair and how much the same amount of both of them would cost it is still cheeaper. And I think Stargazer is even cheaper than Directions...but I've never tried that one.

colour_me_stupid_

Why the '_'? :P

Not quite sure really! :lol: I just checked my user name history to see how I used to have it, and just copied it!

Going to book a haircut in the next 2 weeks. It needs something done to it, but I#m not quite sure what can be done with wavy hair.. hmm

Four.

My hair is like hay. :(

lizziebix

My hair is like hay. :(

You need more conditioner. Especially in the summer.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

It's because it doesn't cost much.

It's not much cheaper than other brands though.

Directions is cheaper (at least for me if I order from the internet)...well it comes in a smaller amount but I think if you compare how often you have to redye you're hair and how much the same amount of both of them would cost it is still cheeaper. And I think Stargazer is even cheaper than Directions...but I've never tried that one.

Stargazer is quite cheap but it's not very good. Not as bad as Manic Panic, but still :P Unfortunately that's the only brand I can buy in stores here so I just order Special Effects online. It's a tad more expensive than MP (from where I order it, it's €2,50 more than MP), but it's definitely worth the money because it lasts so much longer and the colour comes out better.

also the jar MP comes in is annoying because it's hard to pour a small amount in a bowl because it's a jar instead of one of those squeeze bottle things...

Four.

Maybe it's because people think it's ~troo punx to use MP. Idk, aha.

• Like 1

_Iris_

Stargazer is quite cheap but it's not very good. Not as bad as Manic Panic, but still :P Unfortunately that's the only brand I can buy in stores here so I just order Special Effects online. It's a tad more expensive than MP (from where I order it, it's €2,50 more than MP), but it's definitely worth the money because it lasts so much longer and the colour comes out better.

also the jar MP comes in is annoying because it's hard to pour a small amount in a bowl because it's a jar instead of one of those squeeze bottle things...

Directions comes in a jar as well but usually I put on gloves and just take a hand full of it and put it in my hair ;). If i get it done at the hairdresser along with bleaching I bring the dye with me and takes it directly fron the jar as well, so I don't really care about that. Also they have a huuuge amount of different colours to choose from :)

Directions comes in a jar as well but usually I put on gloves and just tage a hand full of it and put it in my hair ;). If i get it done at the hairdresser along with bleaching I bring the dye with me and takes it directly fron the jar as well, so I don't really care about that. Also they have a huuuge amount of different colours to choose from :)

But I use several colours and have only one brush and I don't really want my colours mixing :lol:

plus it's kind of a habit since MP is the only brand I've used that comes in jars instead of bottles so yeah.

But it's not really a problem since I don't play on using half my jar of MP again unless all other brands with purple dye cease to exist :P

Four.

Speaking of good dye brands, anyone know a good blue dye that is cheap enough and goes away in a few washes?

probably Stargazer or Manic Panic :lol: I don't think any good brands go away in a few washes, they're good brands because it doesn't wash away so fast.

though no blue will completely go away in a few washes, it'll most likely leave some sort of grey-ish shine behind for a while.

_Iris_

blue is quite difficult. If you bleach your hair / are have naturally blond hair it'll stay quite long and become either green or grey. if your hair is ash blond (like mine naturally is) it' wash out very quickliy but it'll only work with a verry dark blue which will fade into grey very quickly

Four.

I'm beach blonde right now.

blue is quite difficult. If you bleach your hair / are have naturally blond hair it'll stay quite long and become either green or grey. if your hair is ash blond (like mine naturally is) it' wash out very quickliy but it'll only work with a verry dark blue which will fade into grey very quickly

My hair is naturally blond but blue is the colour that fades the fasted in my experience, both darker and lighter blues...

sorry for butting in all the time :pinch:

Four.

My hair is naturally blond but blue is the colour that fades the fasted in my experience, both darker and lighter blues...

sorry for butting in all the time :pinch:

Why are you sorry? You're not butting in. :P

You've just provided me with good information, being blonde too.

_Iris_

when I had my hair blue (over bleached blond) it stayed in quite good, the green I had faded quicker ^-^

lizziebix

Someday, when I'm a bit older, I'm going to change my hair color to burgundy. Seriously, I will do it. :)

_Iris_

I still can't decide between pink, purple and petrol >.<

lizziebix

I still can't decide between pink, purple and petrol >.<

What the heck color is petrol? :confused:

lizziebix

it's like turquoise but more green but not very green :D :D it's difficult to explain :D :D http://www.art-paint...trol/Petrol.gif

I like this best. Not your everyday color.

whatsthisshitfor

My hair is an undercut dyed turquoise. :3

Ashley!

I'm growing out my hair and its officially really awkward. I just don't know what to do with it at this point. =/

NothingButYourImagination

As for the blue hair, I've been using Manic Panic's Shocking Blue since January for the front part of my hair. For me, when I re-dye it and need to bleach and then color my roots, it's held up pretty well. I can go for about a month before it needs a re-dye. Plus, I think it helps washing it in cool water and putting a bit of dye mixed in with color shampoo. I'd love to try MP's new Voodoo Blue and Rockabilly Blue, they both look beautiful.

tigress

The NYX Slide On Pencils are fucking awesome. Great colors, they last all day and they're cruelty free. :thumbsup: