Hair, Make Up & Beauty

Khaleesi.

Purple maybe? Or you've done that already?

Yeah, I've done a deep purple before. I had it for the winter, and then switched to red for the summer.

Chelsea831

Oh man its the worst! I used ultra violet and i got blue tints that turned green when trying to bleach it out! all from trying to get pastel hair! fuck manic panic. also ive used the brand splat,fuck that brand too.

Have you tried mixing a white conditioner with a light purple dye? (The more conditioner you use the lighter the color). So instead of just applying the dye directly to your hair, you add the mixture of the two and let it sit for about 10 minutes depending on the brand. Then rinse out and style. That's the easiest way I know to make pastel colors aside from washing it out constantly.

• Like 2

Reagan

Carling, your hair looks uhh-mazing! :D I wish I could pull of red. Oh well though, my hair color is cool. I like it haha.

Chelsea831

Dyed my hair a caramel blonde colour but still want it to be lighter. You know when it looks really light in the hairdressers but when you get home it's not that different? That happened. Just gonna go full blonde next time. Maybe not white blonde but I'll get highlights that colour. :)

Lightening your hair can be so addicting! I started out dying my hair a medium blonde color but I got lazy and just bleach it all over. I'm pale enough that most people think it's natural (even with my roots showing, haha).

Have you tried using any gradual lightening products for your hair? Like the John Freida "Go Blonder" line? I've found it helps a ton between dyes so you don't have to damage your hair as often.

shenanigans041

Have you tried mixing a white conditioner with a light purple dye? (The more conditioner you use the lighter the color). So instead of just applying the dye directly to your hair, you add the mixture of the two and let it sit for about 10 minutes depending on the brand. Then rinse out and style. That's the easiest way I know to make pastel colors aside from washing it out constantly.

Ive tried that but some conditioners close the hair cutile up and just doesnt dye the hair,so im trying to find the right conditioner i guess haha,im going to try again soon though!

Juliette

Dyed my hair blonde last night, loves it :happy:

Nele

I'm going to get my hair cut on Wednesday and I won't tell anyone that I might get a short haircut in order to avoid comments like "But your hair is so beautiful!" I'm still not sure whig style exactly I'm going to get...

Rita

Dying my hair tonight. Eeek. Sorta nervous about messing it up.

Chelsea831

Dying my hair tonight. Eeek. Sorta nervous about messing it up.

What color(s) are you thinking about?

Rita

What color(s) are you thinking about?

I just want to go a shade darker. The dye I got is 10.21 Stockholm. My hair is platinum blonde at the moment, pretty much white.

loreal-paris-recital-preference-1021-stockholm-extra-ljus-parlemorsblond.jpg

Eek! Never dyed my hair after bleaching it before.

Chelsea831

I just want to go a shade darker. The dye I got is 10.21 Stockholm. My hair is platinum blonde at the moment, pretty much white.

loreal-paris-recital-preference-1021-stockholm-extra-ljus-parlemorsblond.jpg

I'm sure it'll turn out fine! I've been thinking about dying mine a color like that for awhile. I love my platinum hair but I feel like it washes me out/makes me look dead sometimes.

ThisIsNotNora

539261_4055426860616_1928028386_n.jpg

Imma redhead now :P

Penguin Puffball

]http://eleven.se/files/l/loreal-paris-recital-preference-1021-stockholm-extra-ljus-parlemorsblond.jpg

Waait, your hair isn't naturally nearly white?

My life is a lie.

Beathe.

Imma redhead now :P

Looks like Ozzy's old hairstyle. :D

Rita

Waait, your hair isn't naturally nearly white?

My life is a lie.

Ha I wish it was! My natural hair color is dark blonde/light brown. Sorry. :P

I'm sure it'll turn out fine! I've been thinking about dying mine a color like that for awhile. I love my platinum hair but I feel like it washes me out/makes me look dead sometimes.

Yeah it turned out fine. Not a drastic change, but I like it. :)

GreenDayisAmazing

I like your hair too, Carling. I have to straighten my hair everyday or it looks like crap. I should have never started to strighten my hair in high school. My hair looked better before and it was already really straight.

fiercecircus

Love love love crazy colors. I just found out i am allowed to have crazy colors at the vets office, so i am gonna start slowly with a streak or two. YAY.

also- you can lighten manic panic (or RAW or Jerome Russel punky color) by getting the white "toner" in that brand. I know manic panic's is called "VIRGIN SNOW."

basically- it is a plain dye base that has some blue tones in it to take the yellow out of bleached hair. It is what you use when you want snow white hair. But- you can mix it with other colors to make them more pastel. I would mix this color with ultra violet to get the color you want. OR- get another brand. Honestly i'm not that impressed with MP even though they're supposed to be the BEST color out there. I really like Jerome Russell better. Theirs smells a lot (too perfumey) but lasts a long long time. And believe it or not, the raw color lasts a long time too.

OH AND I CUT MY HAIR THIS WEEK. It was mad long and frizzy so i got it cut. And i got a sample of frizz serum at the salon which is THE GREATEST THING EVER. Seriously! I have the front held down with clips. (also it's 4:30am here so if i look tired that's my excuse. Just got outta work.)

562891_4488475454061_1740146882_n.jpg

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

I don't know why the world got the idea that Manic Panic is the best brand out there because it really is not.

• Like 1

Göta

I dyed my hair again last week and used a brand of red that I've never tried before. It looked so weird at first, but now after a few washes I like it much better, yay. :happy:

_Iris_

Argh I don't like Manic Panic either. I think it's too liquid, I prefere using Directions, they have more of a gel like consistance and in my opinion last longer ;)

I'm currently thinking about dying my bangs (like on my ava) back to either purple or a very dark turquoise/petrol colour, heeelp I really can't decide :/

Four.

I don't know why the world got the idea that Manic Panic is the best brand out there because it really is not.

It's because it doesn't cost much.

Undómiel

I don't get it. I can wear so much make up and it still looks like I'm not wearing that much. It just highlights/accentuates/smooths etc. I honestly don't understand how girls can look like this;

1324154_orig.png

I just don't think it's possible with the make up I have (not that I want to achieve it!)

colour_me_stupid_

holyyyyy mother

Undómiel

holyyyyy mother

Rebecca?

colour_me_stupid_

Yep, this is my old username revived :P