Donation to help with costs Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liam

Foxboro Hot Tubs - 2013/10/26 - Eli's Mile High Club, Oakland, California, USA

Liam

I'm sure the shows had their fun while he was drunk but it is great to see that alcohol doesn't make too much of a difference and they can still put on a great show.

The Insider

I'm sure the shows had their fun while he was drunk but it is great to see that alcohol doesn't make too much of a difference and they can still put on a great show.

I thought it was great that he was dousing himself in water, Gatorade and soft drink - he was sweaty and sticky :D

Beezey

Lady Cobra sounded good and fitted in with the FHTs set liist very well

Todd

But this is a freaking Foxboro Hot Tubs show guys. Can't get much better footage than this!

It's weird to me when the Tubbies get stuff pro recorded (like that Carson daily mini-show). It just feels weird to watch it for some reason. So I like it this way :D Secret show vibes maybe?

Well yeah. I download everything no matter what the quality is, I sure as hell don't watch most of it though. This was amazing, but the crowd just wasn't the same as it was at NY in 2010, y'know

The fact that we're talking about a multi-milllionaire here is exactly why I will forever love Billie Joe Armstrong :)

I'm just stoked to see him clearly having such a blast doing this - what a great gift to the fans. And this video is amazing.

The 15 and 16 year olds who think FBHT were more "fun" when the Rev was drunk really just need to sit down and think about a few things.....

I have more important things to think about, like jobs, cars, and colleges, but thanks anyways Heather 2 :lol:

lizziebix

Wow, that was amazing to watch. I really hope I can see FBHT play one day. This may be as close as I'll ever get - and it was fun.

Jollyroger118

Yeah and I think Dos is the only album that would have worked in a Foxboro show (now that I've seen it) even though I would have loved songs from Uno and Tre.

But they should have played Wild One

AlissaGoesRAWR

It's so much fun though :lol:, they keep repeating it so it's like a chant/singalong with the crowd. When I saw them Mike did the verse (I don't know if he always does it or not), that alone was pure awesomeness!

Oh, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, but Nightlife just makes a lot more sense now! :lol:

Yeah and I think Dos is the only album that would have worked in a Foxboro show (now that I've seen it) even though I would have loved songs from Uno and Tre.

But they should have played Wild One

I always said Troublemaker sounded like it could have been on Dos.

stuffismessedup

Just got a chance to watch the full set and loved it. Things have been relatively quiet since the 99 revolutions tour and it was getting to the point where i hardly listen to them anymore, which was inevitable after listening to them so much after the trilogy came out. But that video reminded me why they've been my favorite band for so many years and why i will always get tickets to see them whenever they play a show out here.

The Disappearing Boy

Well yeah. I download everything no matter what the quality is, I sure as hell don't watch most of it though. This was amazing, but the crowd just wasn't the same as it was at NY in 2010, y'know

I have more important things to think about, like jobs, cars, and colleges, but thanks anyways Heather 2 :lol:

Dude, you're 15, that's all adult-y stuff to worry about. When I was your age, my biggest concern was where my next wank was coming from!

WestboundSign!

The fact that we're talking about a multi-milllionaire here is exactly why I will forever love Billie Joe Armstrong :)

I'm just stoked to see him clearly having such a blast doing this - what a great gift to the fans. And this video is amazing.

The 15 and 16 year olds who think FBHT were more "fun" when the Rev was drunk really just need to sit down and think about a few things.....

I really couldn't agree more with the content of what you said there.

It's the same with Billie's tour-clothing. Some people complain and say he needs to buy some new or more clothes. After all, the fact that he wears the same few t-shirts over and over again makes at least me love him even more!

Then again I also never thought we'd see the Foxboro Hot Tubs have some sort of comeback. It seemed obvious to me that these kind of shows were from now on incompatible with Billie's situation. Seeing this happen now simply shows what a strong person he actually is. I mean, we knew that before, but this proves it even more. No idea if many people in his position could and would handle this and adjust a for their excessive drinking on stage well known band to his / her needs and new lifestyle.

On another note, I think we should still not lump together this controversery and age :) Nothing to do with each other. I'm sure there are plenty of 20 or 30 year olds out there who also think The Rev was more fun drunken, which is, as we said, a questionable way to look at it.

Todd

Dude, you're 15, that's all adult-y stuff to worry about. When I was your age, my biggest concern was where my next wank was coming from!

Dude, I'm 16 in a month. You think I don't have responsibilities? I barely have time to wank

Hermione

On another note, I think we should still not lump together this controversery and age :) Nothing to do with each other. I'm sure there are plenty of 20 or 30 year olds out there who also think The Rev was more fun drunken, which is, as we said, a questionable way to look at it.

Agreed. And pretty sure the only way to judge that would be to have been at both this show and one of the drunken shows anyway, it's very silly to try and compare from a video! And even then the level of liveliness from the band and the crowd will always vary from show to show. I think anyone who's ever been to a Foxboro show would say that there's SO much more to it than the amount of alcohol involved, they're just absolute pros at getting into character with the funny 60s schtick and putting on a fabulously fun show and that's what makes them special. Whether they're drinking/throwing/spitting beer or water is an insignificant minor detail, they've demonstrated through their career that they always have been and still are just as capable of having fun and being entertaining with or without alcohol or other various things they've been under the influence of at different times.

Tubbie Head

I agree with all that's been said. And I personally prefer less alcohol involved. I'm not a drinker myself and I hate the smell of beer, even though I saw that some beers were still being thrown into the crowd, it's obviously much less than what happened in the previous shows, and all of this makes me want to go to a FBHT show even more. As proven by the Rev, you can still have fun without the influence of alcohol! And it's even better 'cause you'll remember it all the next day! :lol:

I just thought about it now, and this show is probably the first he can remember clearly.

YES, that one and Makeout Party. Sounds so good and fitting on the show! :D

WestboundSign!

Agreed. And pretty sure the only way to judge that would be to have been at both this show and one of the drunken shows anyway, it's very silly to try and compare from a video! And even then the level of liveliness from the band and the crowd will always vary from show to show. I think anyone who's ever been to a Foxboro show would say that there's SO much more to it than the amount of alcohol involved, they're just absolute pros at getting into character with the funny 60s schtick and putting on a fabulously fun show and that's what makes them special. Whether they're drinking/throwing/spitting beer or water is an insignificant minor detail, they've demonstrated through their career that they always have been and still are just as capable of having fun and being entertaining with or without alcohol or other various things they've been under the influence of at different times.

Nothing to add!

I agree with all that's been said. And I personally prefer less alcohol involved. I'm not a drinker myself and I hate the smell of beer, even though I saw that some beers were still being thrown into the crowd, it's obviously much less than what happened in the previous shows, and all of this makes me want to go to a FBHT show even more. As proven by the Rev, you can still have fun without the influence of alcohol! And it's even better 'cause you'll remember it all the next day! :lol:

I just thought about it now, and this show is probably the first he can remember clearly.

I totally see your point, I'm not a drinker either. On the one hand because I don't like it too much and on the other hand because a special kind of food intolerance doesn't allow me to drink anyways. So I definitely prefer it this way, it makes me feel much more comfortable! And as you already said, it makes me want to go to one of their shows even more!

Certified Nimrod

Some HueyCam videos have been uploaded! :)

MaraGreenDay

I like the audio of these last videos, but i prefer the video of the full set :P

Hermione

Just watched the full video, holy shit it was fantastic :runaround:. I know I said it's silly to try and judge from a video, but I judge that show to be fucking awesome. The songs were great, the Dos ones fitted in perfectly, and the Rev and the rest of the band were on top form. Looked like so much fun for both the band and crowd with the water throwing, crowd surfing, fabulous outfits, repeated songs and all the other silliness (I particularly enjoyed Tre drumming with an old fashioned pipe in his mouth :lol:). And it's especially good to get to see all the amusing in-character chatting between the songs and the jamming, that's an integral part of the Foxies experience and it usually gets cut out when it's just individual songs recorded. Really makes me wanna see them again so much, best live band ever.

Oh and I loved that Billie called The Network a shitty band, the feud lives on :D

Iva

Can't wait to watch this - many thanks to everybody who made it possible.

And I'd quote the lowercase heather, but what she said was...default. The true state of things. :wub:

stories and songs

In the past, I've honestly been a bit turned off by FBHT because of how drunk they were. I enjoy the band's songs, but just from watching past videos, they went way overboard for my taste. So to see them performing better than ever with Billie sober is all sorts of awesome to me. :) Wonderful to watch!

shakerattleandroll

Dude, I'm 16 in a month. You think I don't have responsibilities? I barely have time to wank

I'm 18 and I have plenty of time to wank! :P

Todd

I'm 18 and I have plenty of time to wank! :P

What is this, some sort of wanking competition? :lol:

The Disappearing Boy

Why not?

Hermione

Take the wanking contest to this thread :thumbsup:

The Insider

What does billie say at 53:26

... last 3 ?????? but I am gonna live with it

.Holly

I've been away for a week, so am a bit late to the party, but wow, this is such awesome news and a lovely surprise!! I really didn't see that coming! Looks like it was an awesome show, will watch the full vid later! :happy: