Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones unveil Duets LP of Everly Brothers covers

So eh... yeah.   http://www.stereogum.com/1534781/qa-billie-joe-armstrong-norah-jones-unveil-duets-lp-hear-long-time-gone/franchises/interview/   They've recorded an album of Everly Brothers covers.   Listen to their version of "Long Time Gone" here,      Tracklist:   1. Roving Gambler 2. Long Time Gone 3. Lightning Express 4. Silver Hair Daddy Of Mine 5. Down In The Willow Garden 6. Who's Gonna Shoe 7. Oh So Many Years 8. Barbara Allen 9. Rocking Alone 10. I'm Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail 11. Kentucky 12. Put My Shoes Away

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that came out of nowhere. But this could easily be a friggin awesome record. Love the concept! Imagine if it went along the lines of the 60s inspired stuff from the trilogy like Brutal Love or Stray Heart.

Billie: "I've got a whole tour booked, I've got the itinerary..." PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS ABOUT MORE THAN AUSTRALIA.

I hope so much you'e right. Another tour would be quite amazing :lol:

At first I was shocked, but now, after listening to that cover...it's great :happy:

And Norah is Half Indian. Maybe she'll tell him about India and he'll get fascinated and set a tour date xDD

Very excited about this! I love Norah Jones, and that BJ guy isn't too bad either even though I hardly know about the Everly Brothers.

And can the mods do something about the two threads?

Don't like it. He should stick to punk rock and leave the gipsy songs to others.

To say that this was unexpected is an understatement. I'm not very familiar to Everly Brothers but this cover sounds really great and it's definitely exciting that Billie Joe does something like this so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Archived