Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones unveil Duets LP of Everly Brothers covers

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit!!!

I just listen to the song and it's so beautiful, omg my dream finally came true!!! I'm so happy to hear Billie singing this kind of songs! His voice sounds so much like a men from the 40s, 50s, it really sounds great with Norah, i'm not so much into her, but she sounds really good!

I can't wait to have this album!!!

I can't stop listen to this song and Billie looks so handsome in those pictures omg i'm sorry!!!

tumblr_ma7bk904DZ1qz53j7.gif

She's his wife, and yes, she certainly seems like the person he looks to and values most, which is exactly how it should be :) nothing to be mad about there, in my opinion!

Exactly

I think this is awesome! The first thing that popped into my head when I heard this was, "this kinda reminds me of when Robert Plant teamed up with Alison Krauss a few years ago." Yes, different types of music, but still cool. I have been getting into more "folky" music as of late so this couldn't have come at a better time for me! Already pre-ordered the album.

:woot: I am SO EXCITED for this, which is saying something since hardly anything in the Green Day world has excited me in a loooong time.

This is fantastic. Just when I start really getting into folk and acoustic music. Color me excited.

SAME. I've been listening almost exclusively to folk and acoustic music lately, and I'm beginning to get into country though my friends' tastes so this is perfect timing. I really hope this gets released on vinyl, I feel like this album would be enjoyed best that way. And I would love to see them live in a small theater setting.

I'm definitely more excited for this than I was for the Trilogy...

Long Time Gone sounds great, the record should be fantastic. I wouldn't mind at all to hear Green Day embrace more of The Beatles influence on them. (The Beatles were heavily influenced by the Everly Brothers)

I admit, when I first heard about this I was kinda "eh" about it. :P Didn't like the track at a first listen but it's definitely grown on me after a couple more. Norah's voice sounds amazing & fits the song really well, I'm not so sure how I feel about Billie's voice yet though. Not that it sounds bad, it's just a different style of song and I haven't decided how much I like his voice on this sort of track. :P Definitely will be interested in hearing the rest of the album though!

All of my links to this song are gone now, copyrighted. Any other links are appreciated :)

Still not entirely sure how I feel about it. I'm really not into this type of music at all. But I'm not going to judge based on one song. I'd like to hear the rest of it first. I'm assuming there will be at least a few tracks I like and I'm excited to hear his voice in a different style of music.

It was Billies idea - period. Its common knowledge the genre of music she writes and that she works with other artists. Why giver her any credit? That is dumb. Sorry. She has no business taking credit for Billie Joes' idea. Period.

When you've been together as long as BJ and Adrienne have been, I assume no decision is really made too much on your own. Your partner is there to support you, suggest things, help you grow and help you bounce ideas back and forth. I remember reading in an interview that she suggested the names for Uno, Dos, Tre as well. It's obvious talking to Adrienne is an integral part of his decision-making process, which isn't at all surprising. She's his wife, for God's sake. Quit getting so weirdly pissed off about it.

Your argument transitioned from us "giving" her credit to her "taking" credit. Neither is true. Posters here were just simply stating it was a great suggestion and we were thankful for it, because it worked out so well. And those words about her suggesting Norah came straight from BJ himself, who gave her the credit in the first place. So why don't you take up your issues with him, since he's technically the one giving her credit?

Can we talk about how Billie used the phrase "So it was kinda like a … well, I keep saying it was kinda like a blind date" a sentence after talking about Stevie Wonder though :lol:

Omg, this. :lol:

I was a bit shocked. But I love that he is just doing what he wants and just does it for the love of music. I am happy. I think it will encourage a young generation to listen to something different for a change and to discover different genres of music ( including myself :happy: )

Billie has the ability to be a crooner as we heard in Brutal Love. I am not familiar with the Everley Brothers but I can't wait to see what he and Norah interpreted the songs. It makes me happy to listen to new music from Billie.

I wonder what Norah Jones fans thing of all of this :unsure: . Well he looks spiffy on the album and pictures :sherlock: and can we please appreciate the fact that he is wearing the pin of him as a little boy. Never thought we would see that pin again and on something so permanent like an album cover.

As someone who grew up on the other side of the planet, I really appreciate this record. My parents/grandparents never listened to that kind of stuff and for many of us this is gonna be some kind of music history lesson.

What is this pin you're referring to? I mean I can kind of see it but not really sure what it is.

Thanks.

I was wondering this too, but seeing as I'm not here that often, I thought I missed something. Thanks for asking, Marilyn!

He's wearing a pin with his baby picture.

BDVCNXBCQAEktHn.jpg

This is awesome! :woot: I can't wait to get this album! I'll be pre-ordering it soon for sure! I remember the Everly Brothers from when my parents played them a lot when I was little. There's one song that's particularly special to me (All I Have to Do Is Dream) that it looks like Billie and Norah unfortunately didn't record. Too bad. That would have been fantastic to hear them cover it! :wub:

I love that Norah Jones say "you know" in the interview :wub: I would like to think that a little of Billie rubbed off on her.

JONES: Yeah, we just started with the first song off the record because I didn’t know where else to begin and then we just kinda skipped around as we felt it, you know? We kept putting off the last song on the record until we actually forgot we hadn’t done it yet. Because it’s just so slow, it’s so heavy.

I grew up listening to The Everly Brothers and other oldies. I couldn't be happier with this. It feels like a breath of fresh air. My grandma is also thrilled with this, as I told her that these recordings are naturally going to be a higher quality sound. She likes Norah Jones and Green Day, and if I didn't see this news today, she was bound to hear or read it somewhere and come tell me about it. :) She heard it and loves it as well.

I can't wait for this album.

pretty good to have 12 new songs when you're not expecting anything

Not new really. Just covers ha

But I see nothing wrong with Billie asking Adrienne for feedback. Heck, I do that with my friends all the time when I write music. This stuff isn't just for fans. It's also Billie pouring out his own feelings. If Give Me Novacaine was suggested by 80, I'm sure Billie had emotional attachment to it too.

The cover is so beautiful! I can't wait for the whole album!

Billie's voice is so wow! :woot:

And Norah is Half Indian. Maybe she'll tell him about India and he'll get fascinated and set a tour date xDD

This was exactly what I thought when I heard this! :lol:
Maybe she's convince Billie to tour here once like she did!

I just listened to the song... It's not the kind of music I usually listen to, but I think it's great. Like someone earlier said, I think it's good to have side projects and stuff, and I think it's great that it's so totally unexpected...idk why, it might be the fact that I love suprises... at least good ones

This is cool idea! Not my music taste but interested in hearing the other covers.

Ive listened to this 6 times today, maybe it's growing on me?

Not 100% sold on this yet, but interested enough to give the full album a chance when it comes out. I do think its cool to see Billie trying new things and experimenting outside of what he is known for. But I think I just selfishly wish he was experimenting with a project that didn't involve cover songs or really traditional folk music, because I'm just personally not a big fan of either. BUT, that of course is just my own selfishness, and Billie can do whatever the fuck he wants, and I'll try and hold my judgement till the album is out. Seems KIND OF unfair to judge an entire album on one song. In terms of Norah Jones, I don't know her music very well, but her voice sounds beautiful from that one song. And she's a fucking babe thats for sure.

I'm liking this song, hoping the rest are just as good, or better. Wouldn't it be a bummer if this album outsells Uno/Dos/Tre! ???? Wonder if its available yet to pre-order in the UK, wasn't last night.

And when you think about it, it would be Adie hearing Billie sing all those type of songs about the house, so its obvious she would be the best person to say what would work and what wouldn't.

Bet his mum got the first copy of the album !

and I think it's pretty similar to Look For Love.

I thought the same! ahahah glad I'm not the only one to think that

What is MOR? All I knew of Norah Jones before this was her Come Away With Me album which I did love. I understand she's branched out a bit since then? This seems to be different for both of them which is why I'm interested.

Middle of the road. I know she's a talented singer but I'm not into her type of music or singing at all. And also not an Everly Brothers fan. Good for her and Billie, trying something new and different is always a positive thing and I'm sure it can only be good for both of them as singers, but although I'm open to giving it a listen I think it's unlikely I'm personally going to enjoy it much.

Archived