Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones unveil Duets LP of Everly Brothers covers

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have to say that this song grow up on me. I don't know how it happened, but I like it.

Have I missed Green Day so much that I will like/love every news about them?

They both sound fucking beautiful, I'm blown away. So many musicians don't make music that sound like this anymore. I'm pleasantly surprised Billie Joe has this side up his sleeve. I love it, needless to say.

God, I wasn't expecting this in my biggest dreams to happen. Absolutely amazing. I've been a fan of Norah since she released Come Away With Me back in 2002, which became one of my favorite records ever. This is just... awesome. This really cheered me up. I can't wait to get this. Hope they release it on vinyl.

Oh, and the fact that it comes out on my birthday just makes everything more sweet.

I was into Norah's music some years ago, I liked her a lot. :) That's what the news are more sweet for me, maybe. I love those voices together.

(My partner, after hear the song, said that was more into Norah's music than Billie's...idk, Billie plays a kind(s) of music, but he's into a lot of styles as well as a listener. Maybe he will change his mind after that album. Specialy about the kind of guitarrist he "is"...)

This is why Billie Joe Armstrong is THE BEST musician ever. He makes music for everyone. Punk Rock, straight up Rock & Roll, Pop hits, fucking jazzy shit, Brutal Love, Working Class Hero, Kill the DJ, U2 collabs, weird techno shit with the Network, covers bands from Metallica to Billy Idol. And now this. He is the master of music. If you have a hard time getting someone to like him, then they must not like music at all.

And this is how you get a "popular" tag on GDC! He's not the best musician ever, and as much as I enjoy and admire him and his work I can certainly see why others wouldn't love it so much. I have some friends whose musical tastes and opinions I really respect that don't like Green Day. This is a nice glimpse into something different and it's something that works better than I thought it would.

This one is for you Tman! hahaha this is awesome like a like the song is nothing I listen to but, I can get used to it, the voices are great, and I think it's pretty similar to Look For Love.

the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band I'm having such a nostalgic moment here :wub:

You rock!

X Mas 12 and August I lost both my grandma and my second mother and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Will The Circle Be Unbroken has been on repeat all year still breaks me down

At this point in Green Days career, as a fan, you gotta just go with the flow and enjoy the ride. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album.

Awesome! Love it, really pumped for this album now and it's far to see something happening! :)

It's funny how people are saying " is Billie on drugs again" and "can't this talentless hack just overdose already" that stuffs hurtful man, but then again this was on NME's Facebook page, where the commenters range from cunts to mega cunts...

I'm excited for this. I was surprised by the Norah Jones connection, but not by the material. From frequently seeing BJ with that big acoustic guitar, in a way it feels like a natural extension.

I'm only familiar with The Everly Brothers more popular songs, but in terms of country I pretty much only like the classic stuff. And I love a good harmony!

And now listening to The Everly Brothers. I had forgotten how good the songs were.

It's funny how people are saying " is Billie on drugs again" and "can't this talentless hack just overdose already" that shits hurtful man

Nothing but a typical internet tough guy.

In other news, SUCK IT Dave Grohl! You could only get Norah Jones to do one song with you on "In Your Honor", but Billie is doing a complete album with her!! ;)

Seriously, I love this side project!! It reminds me of what Marty Stuart has been doing with his last couple of albums of traditional country. Now I just want to drink alone in an old time saloon with this album in the background. :wub:

Nothing but a typical internet tough guy.

In other news, SUCK IT Dave Grohl! You could only get Norah Jones to do one song with you on "In Your Honor", but Billie is doing a complete album with her!! ;)

Seriously, I love this side project!! It reminds me of what Marty Stuart has been doing with his last couple of albums of traditional country. Now I just want to drink alone in an old time saloon with this album in the background. :wub:

Virginia Moon is sexy though...

This side project will definitely be very interesting, can't wait for it, i wonder if there'll be a little bit of a tour to go with it

I'm surprised that I like this but this is really good! Who knew these two sound good together? Don't throw tomatoes at me but Billie should consider making a full country album or a folk album because it just sounds natural. Holy cow!

Yes it is and so was this.

Beautiful.

I'm surprised that I like this but this is really good! Who knew these two sound good together? Don't throw tomatoes at me but Billie should consider making a full country album or a folk album because it just sounds natural. Holy cow!

I would personally love this

Ok, here's a more calmed down me. After reading the interview and listening to the song again, I've got to say, I'm really loving this project and it's concept.

I haven't heard of the Everly Brothers until now and I'm not familiar with Norah Jones' work either. But this is a really fun, sweet and simple thing, I'm enjoying it very much. I can't wait to hear the full album!

Not my kind of music, but after a couple of listens it's really starting to grow on me. Surprised how well Billie's voice fits this type of song though. I love that he's not afraid to try out new things.

Archived