Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones unveil Duets LP of Everly Brothers covers

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screenshot_2013-12-25-10-30-46_zps4teepa

Graig is a writer for Houston Press and a newspaper in L.A. and also on a local Houston news show highly respected in Houston named Foreverly #6 in his best of 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Billie Joe mentioned in the article today about the album.

In October, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong and jazz-pop singer Norah Jones released a tribute album, Foreverly. Amstrong was full of admiration for the brothers.

The Everly harmonies "are so immaculate," Armstrong told USA TODAY. "And that record was pretty daring at the time. A lot of other rock guys were trying to go pop. Chuck Berry had a string of big hits, and the same with Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis. And here the Everlys were playing these torch songs and murder ballads. For them to do something so dark and angelic was appealing to me."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/01/03/phil-everly-of-the-everly-brothers-has-died-reports-say/4313425/

i heard long time gone on the radio a few days ago. it was a nice little surprise

RIP Phil Everly... I was in Dunkin Donuts today and one of the songs from the Billie Joe + Norah album came on and me and I got a little overly excited.

On sky news the newsreader just mentioned Billie's tweet and that he just recently received a cover album in their little segment in Phil Everly.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the coverage and radio play this album is getting! I wonder how much is to do with the Everly Brother's legacy or Billie and Norah's fame.

I haven't said anything about it yet so, here we go. I first listened to it a few days ago, and I can't say I'm disappointed because I was expecting the album to be the way it is, but I thought that maybe Billie's voice would make me want to listen to it more. Billie's voice is great, the harmonies with Norah are great too, but the songs are so boring and some really creep me out being sung the way they are. :lol:

I don't think I'll actually buy this because I'm not sure if I want to listen to the whole thing again.

Mentioned this to a friend at work and his response was, yeah I heard it. The songs are so....slow. :lol: That's it; that's all he had to say!

My mom who is almost 80 years old, called our local country radio station today and requested they play Norah and Billie Joe, and told them the songs they are playing are getting old and stale, and suggested they play Rovling Gambler first. She then told the local DJ the whole story about how her daughter bought her this CD for Christmas. Thank you dear mother!

Some of these songs she says are covers of a cover, and has heard blueglass versions of some. She loves Foreverly.

I just found this interesting interview: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/01/phil-everly-the-final-interview.html

It's probably the last interview that Phil Everly made and he talked there a lot about Billie and Foreverly and what he thought about it. And he even said he considered making his own cover of Wake me up when september ends.

I just found this interesting interview: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/01/phil-everly-the-final-interview.html

It's probably the last interview that Phil Everly made and he talked there a lot about Billie and Foreverly and what he thought about it. And he even said he considered making his own cover of Wake me up when september ends.

Wow!! I hope someone finds a way to make sure Billie sees this interview, I think he would be so touched to know Phil loved WMUWSE. I could cry just thinking about how I would feel if I were Billie :lol:

Introducing this music to green day fans is like holding a coked out ten year old and softly petting their hair whispering "shhhhhh"

Introducing this music to green day fans is like holding a coked out ten year old and softly petting their hair whispering "shhhhhh"

LMAO!

My mom and dad are obsessed with this album, I can't begin to tell you how hilarious it is to me that my dad, who disapproves strongly of Green Day, and Billie Joe in particular, is listening to and enjoying this music :lol: This from the man who called Billie "a coked up, eye-liner wearing, America-hating, short little excuse for a person."

I like your dad.

Archived