Billie Joe Armstrong & Norah Jones unveil Duets LP of Everly Brothers covers

First of all, Billie looks handsome as fuck in those pics up on the website. Secondly, though the combination might be unexpected, I think this is going to be a record I'll be playing a lot and it sure is going to be one of my bedtime records haha

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this pin you're referring to? I mean I can kind of see it but not really sure what it is.

Thanks.

I've been trying to see this for ages, thanks for asking :lol:

He's wearing a pin with his baby picture.

BDVCNXBCQAEktHn.jpg

Thank you :happy:

He's wearing a pin with his baby picture.

BDVCNXBCQAEktHn.jpg

I think it's so appropiate for this album. :happy:

I'm liking this song, hoping the rest are just as good, or better. Wouldn't it be a bummer if this album outsells Uno/Dos/Tre! ???? Wonder if its available yet to pre-order in the UK, wasn't last night.

And when you think about it, it would be Adie hearing Billie sing all those type of songs about the house, so its obvious she would be the best person to say what would work and what wouldn't.

Bet his mum got the first copy of the album !

It was Billie Joes idea and Give Me Novocaine is a song Billie Joe wrote. I bet he just asked should I include Novocaine and she just said yes.

I used to have a narcissistic boss who used to take credit for my work - even if she did the absolute minimum. She used to take credit for everyting I did, steal my ideas and the last straw was when she plagarised a Protocol for filing that she asked me to write. It was Billies Joes idea, he met and profomed with her before and probably remembered her. adrienne did nothing more accept suggest the obvious and of course she is getting and accepting (on her twitter) credit for Billie Joes idea and project. I see bright Rage Red when I see it happening to someone else. All she does is state the obvious and everyone congradulates her in doing so and is given credit and she has accept credit of this project via her twitter. It is an absolutey out of order doing that to someone especially someone you love. It was Billie Joes idea. I have no idea why people are not seeing what is happening.

i love the song. i know..it's sooooo different from Green day'style but...i don't know...i love it... i don't know really much about folk or country music and it's good to hear something like that.

How about you start a separate thread to discuss these issues you have, rather than hijacking every single thread that involves any mention of Adrienne and diverting the topic from Billie's music to a discussion of Adrienne? If you really don't like her that much, don't bring her up. I doubt we'd even be talking about her so extensively if you hadn't come in and made a huge deal about him mentioning his wife of 20 years once in a very long interview.

I was not the one who mentioned her first, on this thread. At the end of the day, it was Billies idea. I was actually replying to someone giving her credit for BILLIES' project. And she is actually aceepting credit for it on her twitter which is bang right out of order.

I was not the one who mentioned her first, on this thread. At the end of the day, it was Billies idea. I was actually replying to someone giving her credit for BILLIES' project. And she is actually aceepting credit for it on her twitter which is bang right out of order.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just looked at Adrienne's twitter and there are only ONE twitt about this... :mellow:

I just looked at her Twitter and I have no idea what you're on about, she's replied to two people but just with emoticons, that's not 'taking credit'. Either way, do you really think Billie would give two fucks if she was taking the credit? She's his WIFE for fucks sake, god forbid a married couple share ideas! I'm not sure why you're so weirdly against Adie but there's no reason to be.

What are you talking about? He wasn't talking about Green Day.

I also thought he was talking about Green Day. Are you guys sure he was joking? I got really excited when I read that. :(

Note to Billie, do not joke about these things!! :cry:

he was joking about a tour with Norah, he wasn't joking about a GD tour, or remotely talking about GD at all. he even said 'no I'm joking' how did people not get that?

he was joking about a tour with Norah so he wasn't even joking and a GD tour. he even said 'no I'm joking' how did people not get that?

Maybe because he was using "I" instead of "we" when he said that, might be an English issue or maybe just me getting excited with every tour mention at this point. :lol:

I love my rockabilly and could listen to hours of that.

Shame this isn't rockabilly. Have you even listened to the Everly Brothers record?

It was Billies idea - period. Its common knowledge the genre of music she writes and that she works with other artists. Why giver her any credit? That is dumb. Sorry. She has no business taking credit for Billie Joes' idea. Period.

ughhh and you know this how...jeez you really dont like adrienne do you or you just way to obsessive over Bllie...anyway im only meh about it not my type of music but its cool he's keeping himself busy and doing new things and surprising people

Shame this isn't rockabilly. Have you even listened to the Everly Brothers record?

I really wish it was rockabilly. I'd love to hear Billie, or even Green Day as a whole go for a rockabilly sound. They definitely have the influences to pull it off, and there were hints of it on the Trilogy. In fact, that was kinda what I was hoping Dos would be before I heard it :P

It's rootsy, that'll do for me.

It was Billie Joes idea and Give Me Novocaine is a song Billie Joe wrote. I bet he just asked should I include Novocaine and she just said yes.

I used to have a narcissistic boss who used to take credit for my work - even if she did the absolute minimum. She used to take credit for everyting I did, steal my ideas and the last straw was when she plagarised a Protocol for filing that she asked me to write. It was Billies Joes idea, he met and profomed with her before and probably remembered her. adrienne did nothing more accept suggest the obvious and of course she is getting and accepting (on her twitter) credit for Billie Joes idea and project. I see bright Rage Red when I see it happening to someone else. All she does is state the obvious and everyone congradulates her in doing so and is given credit and she has accept credit of this project via her twitter. It is an absolutey out of order doing that to someone especially someone you love. It was Billie Joes idea. I have no idea why people are not seeing what is happening.

good god go away

Alright...please just admit that you're a troll right now. You have to be. Nicely done, you fooled all of us. Ceadog is that you?

I would give credit to adie for part of making who Billie is today, if not for adie Billie might not be the same as you so madly like. It's 20 years of marriage, the influence they have on each other is bigger than what you can see here,

and if you hurt adie, guess who would be more upset? my guess is billie.

they are both lucky to have each other, i don't know why anyone outside to upset about.

1391466_10151871666558961_1548134809_n.jby 'taking credit' you mean?

I just love the idea that he's at a point in his life (career?) where after AI on Broadway he 's really ready to take on more chances outside the box of what he created with Mike and Tré. While I certainly hope there's more Green Day in his life (yes, I know he's said they'll always be around) but I really do hope to hear more of these other outside projects that let us see Billie Joe Armstrong as a full range musician. As in seeing different sides to him musically instead of just seeing him just being in Green Day.

Archived