Broadway Idiot: Your Thoughts

Fuzz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved it. The musical was a big part of my life when it was around, so reliving it all just made everything feel right again to me. I loved seeing all the actors again, how they got started with the show and how they evolved. I think the only thing I would've enjoyed seeing more of was footage of its time on Broadway, and more of Billie's time with the show (since that was what the movie was advertised as). But again, that would just make the movie 150/100. I already see it as 100/100 personally. It was exciting to see old friends in the crowd and point them out too! Just so many memories were brought out by the movie and I really think it's the best documentary to date.

I loved it! It was so cool to actually see a little bit of the rehearsals, Green Day's reaction to their songs being done in a different way, the interaction between the cast and the crew and the band! I loved how I could literally feel the happy vibes they're were putting out :D

I haven't had a chance to read through this thread yet, so I apologize if I'm just saying the same things that have already been said before.

I saw the film last night and I thought it was incredible! Aside from the fact that I'm (obviously) a Green Day fan, I'm a HUGE Broadway nerd, so seeing a show come to life was really an incredible thing. I loved all of the parts with Green Day and Billie Joe, but the scenes with the actors and the production of the show really clicked with me, and I found myself having a much stronger emotional response to them than with BJ. When they found out that they were going to Broadway, and you are literally watching peoples dreams come true... Sorry if it sounds corny, but I couldn't help but cry right along with them. There was one actor that they were interviewing on opening night and he was crying because he had worked for thirty years to get to Broadway and he was finally there, and that was just so beautiful to me.

Also, the whole scene with 21 guns (at the grammys and being recorded) was awesome and beautiful and emotional, and now I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to that song without crying haha.

All in all, I don't think you have to be a Green Day fan to appreciate Broadway Idiot. I think anyone that appreciates art, music, theater, passion, love, beauty, etc would like this movie and should go see it!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where this can be streamed for us non-us folk? Desperate to see this!

Okay, I must've been the only person not to realize Billie Joe's nephew was in the musical.

Archived