Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Stupidest thing you've ever seen written about Green Day?

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,790 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,537 rep

"...while admitting that Green Day's recent out put has not been good enough to get playlisted by the station....and the last Green Day project simply wasn't good enough."

That doesn't mean it's bad. It's just not friendly for radio. Which is true. As albums and singles, they weren't objectively good enough. 

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,358 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,040 rep

That doesn't mean it's bad. It's just not friendly for radio. Which is true. As albums and singles, they weren't objectively good enough. 

yeah well IT'S STILL STUPID :P

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,228 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,303 rep

that's because you hate the Trilogy. i love it. like, it's my baby. if i could claim something as my own it'd be that

It's not even that. There are songs on the Trilogy that could have been excellent radio singles, if they hadn't made such an epic shitfest of it. No one even knows what single Green Day are even promoting right now. No wonder they're not getting radio play.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,790 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,537 rep

....Ok, but it's from different people in Latin America, not just México.  

Not so much the country as the Catholic prejudice against anything remotely non-hetrosexual. Sad. :(

yeah well IT'S STILL STUPID :P

UR STOOPID

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 12,358 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,040 rep

It's not even that. There are songs on the Trilogy that could have been excellent radio singles, if they hadn't made such an epic shitfest of it. No one even knows what single Green Day are even promoting right now. No wonder they're not getting radio play.

me & you just shouldn't be allowed to talk about the Trilogy to each other because i just get mad at you and we argue and that's no fun. the promotion was utter shite, but the albums are amazin and more than deservin of some radio play.

Not so much the country as the Catholic prejudice against anything remotely non-hetrosexual. Sad. :(

UR STOOPID

NAWH MAN UR STOOPID

• Ryan, Drop Dead Hideous, Mara Garcia Green Day and 1 other like this

Mara Garcia Green Day

Mara Garcia Green Day
  • Hiddles ♥

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2013
  • 8,225 rep

me & you just shouldn't be allowed to talk about the Trilogy to each other because i just get mad at you and we argue and that's no fun. the promotion was utter shite, but the albums are amazin and more than deservin of some radio play.

I like you!!!  :D

• Stacie Anne and BibliophilicBookmerlion like this

She is Amanda

She is Amanda
  • and your name is Harry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2012
  • 1,099 rep

When I saw the name of the thread I immediately thought about that Yoko Ono/Lady Cobra article :lol: that is easily the worst of the worst articles.

• BibliophilicBookmerlion likes this

Sausage Gravy

Sausage Gravy
  • kitten mittons

• 21,231 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 8,117 rep

Probably that story about Billie running to his room after his dad's funeral and being all "Wake Me Up When September Ends" that was passed around on tumblr as well as others.

i crie evrytim ;_;

ugh yes this is the fucking worst. so annoying. even if were true (which it's 100000% not) why the fuck would people even talk about it?
  • Stacie Anne likes this

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 15,710 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,149 rep

Nothing specific sticks in mind, but the usual stuff about them being emo/having sold out is funny. And the whole story about wmuwse is just stupid but kinda funny too.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,011 rep

POPULAR

i read earlier today on a french site that cuatro was out now and that's the 4th green day album followed by the last 3. 
they said something like 'even if the first 3 albums didn't really make it, maybe this one is gonna bring them back to the top'

wtf

• PigSniffingGlue, VictimOfMyOwnTime, Darth Praxus and 2 others like this

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,188 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 9,804 rep

Can't really beat the Lady Cobra and WMUWSE things (although at least the Lady Cobra one was somewhat of a joke article).

But my favourite is probably this. It was when the Foxboro Hot Tubs were on tour and The Rev was writing blog posts on Myspace after each show with all kinds of silly 60's slang and signing them off by saying "STING STING!". Entirely because of that, NME wrote an article saying that the band had been partying with Sting during the tour :lol:

Edit: And here it is lol. I see it was an article about the UK tour that never happened, even more useless then:

http://www.nme.com/n...-hot-tubs/37049

• PigSniffingGlue, Lady Darkling and The Grouch is Tracy like this

Ham Sascale

Ham Sascale
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2012
  • 974 rep

POPULAR

That they're sellouts. Stupidest. Thing. Ever.

• Makingyourmascarableed, PigSniffingGlue, SumDay and 3 others like this

Idiotic Tendency...

Idiotic Tendency...
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Joined Jul 14, 2012
  • 654 rep

When people said the trilogy was a masterpiece. Is it fuck

Frikishzooka

Frikishzooka
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2013
  • 17 rep

When my friend told me Green Day was gay.

I was like, "You and hell, mix together so perfectly."

Plus, I can remember that "true" Green Day fans said that American Idiot was their first album. :dry:

• VictimOfMyOwnTime and Lady Darkling like this

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

When my friend told me Green Day was gay.

I was like, "You and hell, mix together so perfectly."

Plus, I can remember that "true" Green Day fans said that American Idiot was their first album. :dry:

Yeah that was so annoying....they would start at you etc if you calmly pointing out they where around before American Idiot.

But I am not tolerant of any fans bashing other fans.

• Lady Darkling likes this

Advertising

IlariaIDIOT

IlariaIDIOT
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2010
  • 452 rep

Random stuff about Adie and BJ (I laugh everytime) 
"Pls BiLlIe JOe MaRrY mEeeE!!! She'S UgLy!! I ReAllY LoVe YoUuU!!!" 

• Lady Darkling and BibliophilicBookmerlion like this

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

Random stuff about Adie and BJ (I laugh everytime) 
"Pls BiLlIe JOe MaRrY mEeeE!!! She'S UgLy!! I ReAllY LoVe YoUuU!!!" 

There is nothing wrong with fans having a crush on Billie Joe - its part of the job of being in a band.  If the some of the fans are gushing over him then ignore them if they are being annoying.  Its part of the job and it is harmless - its not like they are trying to or had slept with him.  It has to be expected that girls are going to have a crush on him.  What is the big deal? They are truly doing nothing wrong until they start being highly abusive or sending death threats then that would be crossing the line as unacceptable.  It is not unacceptable to have a meaningless crush on some Rock Star.  Its not like its anything new.  I had a secret crush on Kurt Cobain when I was 12. 

At least once a day I came across some username bashing fans for having a crush.  Its a Crush - its fun and meaningless.  They write silly things. Just let them.  it is harmless.  Its just silly.  They are young.  Some fan posted up a video of them expressing themseleves on You Tube saying that they have a massive crush on him, and some username barked at her that he is married with kids and that its disrespectful  and to leave him alone.  Harmless its part of the job.  Hide comments that are annoying instead of attacking them.  

Then there was a username on You Tube trolling around and bashing and attacking any one on the comments of different videos saying simular things and making fun of their comment because they had a massive crush.  Its meaningless., "leave them alone" I told the username.  I grew tired of all of the persons bullying a flaming - how many times do I have to report the same username for bullying some poor little fan who happens to have a crush "he will never leave his wife for you" etc etc etc is usually hissed at them after telling them that his married with kids etc etc...fans know that, and Billie Joe wouldnt go with a young teen.  So  there is no problem, but apparently it is.  

Its disgusting wonder who keeps on doing that.  the last time someone bashed a fan for having a crush I told the troll to deal with it and reported them. Once a day there is alway someone telling you off for something concerning Green Day.  Cannot any fan do anything right and have minds of their own?  

A crush - that is considerably harmful and threatening!!!  Whats the problem?

And some username on here said how they liked Billies Tattoos and then some regular forum username went on to attack them  with simlular phrases as quoted above and got them removed.  How is that harmful?  

I think it is more stupid for people on the internet to write things like:  

"Billie Joe is married with kids.  You are being disrespectful.  He loves his wife and he wil never leave her for a fan,  leave Billie alone"

or something simular or on that theme of it.......or making fun of all the comments and trolling though the comment thread on a You tube video barking at the tans for having crush etc etc....or making a compliment.  It doesnt mean they are going to sleep with him or steal him away.  

Edited by Beezey, 28 September 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Loving Isn't Knowing

• 11,609 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 11,357 rep

I read some thing written by some stalker of Billie that Adrienne is a disgusting pig and that she's mean to fans and controls Billie's life. This chick would write novels about it on every GD page on FB and every Youtube video out there and stuff, it was ridiculous.

• IlariaIDIOT and Lady Darkling like this

Clockwise

Clockwise
  • Running on fruit snacks!

• 2,974 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2009
  • 717 rep

POPULAR

The excessive Trilogy hate has been pretty silly at times lately.

But yeah,  a lot of these are pretty good examples.

• Hermione, Cruise, Makingyourmascarableed and 8 others like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,228 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,303 rep

I read some thing written by some stalker of Billie that Adrienne is a disgusting pig and that she's mean to fans and controls Billie's life. This chick would write novels about it on every GD page on FB and every Youtube video out there and stuff, it was ridiculous.

I've seen her around before. Always good for a giggle.

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

I've seen her around before. Always good for a giggle.

isnt this thread about stupid things writen about green day and members, not his wife?  

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

• 14,113 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,642 rep

isnt this thread about stupid things writen about green day and members, not his wife?

It's still related to Green Day so I'd say it's fair game really.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,228 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,303 rep

Talks about Adie controlling Billies life. I think that fits the bill.

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

Talks about Adie controlling Billies life. I think that fits the bill

She seems to be a large part of discussions and gets involved with some things that are to do with Green Day and their music,  and I think it annoys some fans.  And I can understand how it looks to people and how she could annoy them.  She had not contributed driectly to Green Day and fans get annoyed when people are bullied into giving her attention and give her attention.  Accept that there are going to be people who dont like how she is involved or gets involved with things that she hasnt done.  Also she made him move house and bulid a new home closer to their sons schools - so its a predictable opinion.  

I have read quite a few people complain about her, her behaviour and attitude and behaviour after iHeart. It can annoy people.   Also, some fans resent being attacked and flamed for not liking her - why should they? It just makes the haters hate her more.  She wouldnt get any attention if she wasnt married to Billie Joe.  All that "Adie you are so amazing" and "if you where a true fan you would" stuff also annoys people.  Discussions also always ends up disccussig her even on Green day sites and fan pages and it could annoy people - its irrevelant.  Basically you have to give her attention in order to be a Green Day fan or else  and so that  really annoys people.  

Did she write American Idiot?  No.  There is a good reason for hatred towards her.  I dont blame anyone who cannot stand her.  

Edited by Beezey, 28 September 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,228 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,303 rep

She seems to be a large part of discussions and gets involved with some things that are to do with Green Day and their music,  and I think it annoys some fans.  

Can't say I've ever noticed. And I can't see why any sane fan would care.

Zack.

Zack.
  • #NOIDED

• 3,967 posts
  • Joined Apr 17, 2010
  • 1,922 rep

HEY I CARE ABOUT TECHNICALITIES TOO

LET'S JOIN FORCES

NO ONE WILL EVER TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ON THE EDGE OF RELATION AGAIN

• Beezey likes this

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

Can't say I've ever noticed. And I can't see why any sane fan would care.

I think it should be the opposite - why should a fan care about his wife.  Shes just a spouse and muse.  Nothing more and nothing less.  One time some fans she tried to talk to, shouted "hey, adrienne sign my a**" - no most fans who are sane dont care about a spouse of a rock star.  But fans are forced to or else.  Just like I probably get removed for not gushing over how amazing she is.  I dont blame anyone who hates her and there are many people write negative stuff.  

During a red carpet event she was walking around stating "no autographs just photos" when fans got ther mobiles out to PHOTOGRAPH  BILLIE - I dont blame anyone who hates her -  now that is pretty stupid.   

Edited by Beezey, 28 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,228 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,303 rep

POPULAR

I think it should be the opposite - why should a fan care about his wife.  Shes just a spouse and muse.  Nothing more and nothing less.  One time some fans she tried to talk to, shouted "hey, adrienne sign my a**" - no most fans who are sane dont care about a spouse of a rock star.  But fans are forced to or else.  Just like I probably get removed for not gushing over how amazing she is.  

Well it's people's choice who they look up to, isn't it? While I personally couldn't care less about her, but I have a couple of friends who have her as a great role model for themselves. And that's fine, it's not like she's Hitler or Charles Manson, she's a rockstar's wife. Fans really aren't forced to care about her on here, I have no idea where you got that idea from.

• PigSniffingGlue, Lady Nightlife, Mara Garcia Green Day and 2 others like this

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

Well it's people's choice who they look up to, isn't it? While I personally couldn't care less about her, but I have a couple of friends who have her as a great role model for themselves. And that's fine, it's not like she's Hitler or Charles Manson, she's a rockstar's wife. Fans really aren't forced to care about her on here, I have no idea where you got that idea from.

Good.  But I have come across in the past fans flaming fans for not gushing over her - which isnt good.  

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

• 14,113 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,642 rep
So... In short it's not ok to like Adie and talk about it. But it's fine to go on about how awful she is? None of us really know either way and I doubt we ever will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users