Stupidest thing you've ever seen written about Green Day?

Spike

I've seen comments from a few people (and a few Green Day "fans") on Facebook who said they starting to hate Green Day and Billie cause he's bisexual and he kiss guys on stage :mellow:

I was going to ask if you live in a Catholic country and then saw Mexico so yeah...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew that you were going to post this, it must be the stupidest thing said in the whole year

i'm predictable as fuck when it comes to Green Day and i'm ok with that.

I actually agree very much with this :P

that's because you hate the Trilogy. i love it. like, it's my baby. if i could claim something as my own it'd be that

Agree but it was true he run home, possibly crying (cannot remember) and locked himself in his room and his mum run back to the house to try and talk to him.

No it's not.

I was going to ask if you live in a Catholic country and then saw Mexico so yeah...

....Ok, but it's from different people in Latin America, not just México.

"...while admitting that Green Day's recent out put has not been good enough to get playlisted by the station....and the last Green Day project simply wasn't good enough."

That doesn't mean it's bad. It's just not friendly for radio. Which is true. As albums and singles, they weren't objectively good enough.

That doesn't mean it's bad. It's just not friendly for radio. Which is true. As albums and singles, they weren't objectively good enough.

yeah well IT'S STILL STUPID :P

that's because you hate the Trilogy. i love it. like, it's my baby. if i could claim something as my own it'd be that

It's not even that. There are songs on the Trilogy that could have been excellent radio singles, if they hadn't made such an epic shitfest of it. No one even knows what single Green Day are even promoting right now. No wonder they're not getting radio play.

....Ok, but it's from different people in Latin America, not just México.

Not so much the country as the Catholic prejudice against anything remotely non-hetrosexual. Sad. :(

yeah well IT'S STILL STUPID :P

UR STOOPID

It's not even that. There are songs on the Trilogy that could have been excellent radio singles, if they hadn't made such an epic shitfest of it. No one even knows what single Green Day are even promoting right now. No wonder they're not getting radio play.

me & you just shouldn't be allowed to talk about the Trilogy to each other because i just get mad at you and we argue and that's no fun. the promotion was utter shite, but the albums are amazin and more than deservin of some radio play.

Not so much the country as the Catholic prejudice against anything remotely non-hetrosexual. Sad. :(

UR STOOPID

NAWH MAN UR STOOPID

me & you just shouldn't be allowed to talk about the Trilogy to each other because i just get mad at you and we argue and that's no fun. the promotion was utter shite, but the albums are amazin and more than deservin of some radio play.

I like you!!! :D

When I saw the name of the thread I immediately thought about that Yoko Ono/Lady Cobra article :lol: that is easily the worst of the worst articles.

Nothing specific sticks in mind, but the usual stuff about them being emo/having sold out is funny. And the whole story about wmuwse is just stupid but kinda funny too.

i read earlier today on a french site that cuatro was out now and that's the 4th green day album followed by the last 3.
they said something like 'even if the first 3 albums didn't really make it, maybe this one is gonna bring them back to the top'

wtf

Can't really beat the Lady Cobra and WMUWSE things (although at least the Lady Cobra one was somewhat of a joke article).

But my favourite is probably this. It was when the Foxboro Hot Tubs were on tour and The Rev was writing blog posts on Myspace after each show with all kinds of silly 60's slang and signing them off by saying "STING STING!". Entirely because of that, NME wrote an article saying that the band had been partying with Sting during the tour :lol:

Edit: And here it is lol. I see it was an article about the UK tour that never happened, even more useless then:

http://www.nme.com/news/foxboro-hot-tubs/37049

When my friend told me Green Day was gay.

I was like, "You and hell, mix together so perfectly."

Plus, I can remember that "true" Green Day fans said that American Idiot was their first album. :dry:

When my friend told me Green Day was gay.

I was like, "You and hell, mix together so perfectly."

Plus, I can remember that "true" Green Day fans said that American Idiot was their first album. :dry:

Yeah that was so annoying....they would start at you etc if you calmly pointing out they where around before American Idiot.

But I am not tolerant of any fans bashing other fans.

Random stuff about Adie and BJ (I laugh everytime)
"Pls BiLlIe JOe MaRrY mEeeE!!! She'S UgLy!! I ReAllY LoVe YoUuU!!!"

Random stuff about Adie and BJ (I laugh everytime)

"Pls BiLlIe JOe MaRrY mEeeE!!! She'S UgLy!! I ReAllY LoVe YoUuU!!!"

There is nothing wrong with fans having a crush on Billie Joe - its part of the job of being in a band. If the some of the fans are gushing over him then ignore them if they are being annoying. Its part of the job and it is harmless - its not like they are trying to or had slept with him. It has to be expected that girls are going to have a crush on him. What is the big deal? They are truly doing nothing wrong until they start being highly abusive or sending death threats then that would be crossing the line as unacceptable. It is not unacceptable to have a meaningless crush on some Rock Star. Its not like its anything new. I had a secret crush on Kurt Cobain when I was 12.

At least once a day I came across some username bashing fans for having a crush. Its a Crush - its fun and meaningless. They write silly things. Just let them. it is harmless. Its just silly. They are young. Some fan posted up a video of them expressing themseleves on You Tube saying that they have a massive crush on him, and some username barked at her that he is married with kids and that its disrespectful and to leave him alone. Harmless its part of the job. Hide comments that are annoying instead of attacking them.

Then there was a username on You Tube trolling around and bashing and attacking any one on the comments of different videos saying simular things and making fun of their comment because they had a massive crush. Its meaningless., "leave them alone" I told the username. I grew tired of all of the persons bullying a flaming - how many times do I have to report the same username for bullying some poor little fan who happens to have a crush "he will never leave his wife for you" etc etc etc is usually hissed at them after telling them that his married with kids etc etc...fans know that, and Billie Joe wouldnt go with a young teen. So there is no problem, but apparently it is.

Its disgusting wonder who keeps on doing that. the last time someone bashed a fan for having a crush I told the troll to deal with it and reported them. Once a day there is alway someone telling you off for something concerning Green Day. Cannot any fan do anything right and have minds of their own?

A crush - that is considerably harmful and threatening!!! Whats the problem?

And some username on here said how they liked Billies Tattoos and then some regular forum username went on to attack them with simlular phrases as quoted above and got them removed. How is that harmful?

I think it is more stupid for people on the internet to write things like:

"Billie Joe is married with kids. You are being disrespectful. He loves his wife and he wil never leave her for a fan, leave Billie alone"

or something simular or on that theme of it.......or making fun of all the comments and trolling though the comment thread on a You tube video barking at the tans for having crush etc etc....or making a compliment. It doesnt mean they are going to sleep with him or steal him away.

The excessive Trilogy hate has been pretty silly at times lately.

But yeah, a lot of these are pretty good examples.

I read some thing written by some stalker of Billie that Adrienne is a disgusting pig and that she's mean to fans and controls Billie's life. This chick would write novels about it on every GD page on FB and every Youtube video out there and stuff, it was ridiculous.

I've seen her around before. Always good for a giggle.

I've seen her around before. Always good for a giggle.

I read some thing written by some stalker of Billie that Adrienne is a disgusting pig and that she's mean to fans and controls Billie's life. This chick would write novels about it on every GD page on FB and every Youtube video out there and stuff, it was ridiculous.

isnt this thread about stupid things writen about green day and members, not his wife?

isnt this thread about stupid things writen about green day and members, not his wife?

It's still related to Green Day so I'd say it's fair game really.

Archived