Stupidest thing you've ever seen written about Green Day?

Spike

So I thought this would be interesting and I could do with a laugh. It's always entertaining to read about Green Day from the point of view of people who don't understand them.

I'll kick things off with the obvious - Cracked's article saying Lady Cobra is Green Day's Yoko Ono. I can't quite tell if it's a joke or not. Even if it is true, what the fuck? :lol:

So what's the most misinformed thing about them you've ever seen? Everything calling them emo is also pretty amusing...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've seen the Lady Cobra thing a lot. that Billie had an affair with her & that's what most of the Trilogy is about. it's a load of bullshit. him & Addie are solid as rock man nothing gon break them apart.

oh & one Christmas, like back when Sims 2 was still a crazy new thing, i read that Billie had gotten into a really bad car accident & died. I cried for two days straight it was horrific :lol: probably the worst Christmas day of my life haha.

I remember one time reading a review of AI and most of the review was positive but then it said something like "...but I have to give this album 2 out of 5 stars because Green Day has gone emo and mainstream..."

I've once seen an opinion of a so-called 'music expert', where he stated Green Day is a pop music :shok::fool:

I'll kick things off with the obvious - Cracked's article saying Lady Cobra is Green Day's Yoko Ono. I can't quite tell if it's a joke or not. Even if it is true, what the fuck? :lol:

Yes, it's a joke, that's the whole point of Cracked. I actually thought that piece was amusing. Not hilarious but worth a chuckle.

Yes, it's a joke, that's the whole point of Cracked. I actually thought that piece was amusing. Not hilarious but worth a chuckle.

Whoever wrote that does not understand about Yoko Ono and the negative impact she had on The Beatles and John Son from a previous marriage, but seemed to have used the slang term of "The Yoko Ono Effect" (making everything sh*t and thus ruining it) as the basis for the article. I dont think Lady Cobra made everything sh*t or ruined the album or Green Days' Career. OK that Nightlife song got mixed reactions but she isnt responsible for the album and on whether it's good or not. But when Billie is writing about a woman is the context of their albums and stating "its the first time we've wrote about F**king" people are going to talk. Cracked.com might have triggered more discussions about Billie. It might the orgin of these discussions about his personal life and without adding "and it doesnt come from personal experience its just a fun, fantasy record that some Garage rock/Power pop tracks on the albums..." His personal life is none of my business and I dont want to know what he "likes". etc.

Probably that story about Billie running to his room after his dad's funeral and being all "Wake Me Up When September Ends" that was passed around on tumblr as well as others.

i crie evrytim ;_;

Probably that story about Billie running to his room after his dad's funeral and being all "Wake Me Up When September Ends" that was passed around on tumblr as well as others.

i crie evrytim ;_;

Agree but it was true he run home, possibly crying (cannot remember) and locked himself in his room and his mum run back to the house to try and talk to him. I dont like reading silly and insenstive comments about his Dad like: "Billie Joe Wake up, September has Ended" - etc maybe they are unaware how insensitive it looks cos often people who post that are very young fans.

I've once seen an opinion of a so-called 'music expert', where he stated Green Day is a pop music :shok::fool:

They really, really are though. Green Day entered pop music when Basket Case became recognisable, and then again when BOBD could be heard in every supermarket and mall from Australia to France. Suck up the bullshit 'grdday so PUNKZZ bullshit' because they're as much pop as they are punk rock.

That's the beauty of pop; it's a bit of everything. Anyone who things 'pop' is a dirty word is truly missing the point of what pop represents. Popular Music. :)

I've seen comments from a few people (and a few Green Day "fans") on Facebook who said they starting to hate Green Day and Billie cause he's bisexual and he kiss guys on stage :mellow:

They really, really are though. Green Day entered pop music when Basket Case became recognisable, and then again when BOBD could be heard in every supermarket and mall from Australia to France. Suck up the bullshit 'grdday so PUNKZZ bullshit' because they're as much pop as they are punk rock.

That's the beauty of pop; it's a bit of everything. Anyone who things 'pop' is a dirty word is truly missing the point of what pop represents. Popular Music. :)

I know, but he didn't mean 'pop' this way. He was comparing Green Day to Rihanna :ninja: You can't agree with the statement they play music similar to the Rihanna's, can you?

"...while admitting that Green Day's recent out put has not been good enough to get playlisted by the station....and the last Green Day project simply wasn't good enough."

I knew that you were going to post this, it must be the stupidest thing said in the whole year

I know, but he didn't mean 'pop' this way. He was comparing Green Day to Rihanna :ninja: You can't agree with the statement they play music similar to the Rihanna's, can you?

In that context absolutely not. :lol: But then I see nothing wrong with Rihanna at the end of the day. Music has always had trash, right since charts began. It fulfills it's own little purpose.

"...while admitting that Green Day's recent out put has not been good enough to get playlisted by the station....and the last Green Day project simply wasn't good enough."

I actually agree very much with this :P

Archived