Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Stupidest thing you've ever seen written about Green Day?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Comma Chameleon

• 7,480 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 7,252 rep
So I thought this would be interesting and I could do with a laugh. It's always entertaining to read about Green Day from the point of view of people who don't understand them.

I'll kick things off with the obvious - Cracked's article saying Lady Cobra is Green Day's Yoko Ono. I can't quite tell if it's a joke or not. Even if it is true, what the fuck? :lol:

So what's the most misinformed thing about them you've ever seen? Everything calling them emo is also pretty amusing...

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

POPULAR

i've seen the Lady Cobra thing a lot. that Billie had an affair with her & that's what most of the Trilogy is about. it's a load of bullshit. him & Addie are solid as rock man nothing gon break them apart.

oh & one Christmas, like back when Sims 2 was still a crazy new thing, i read that Billie had gotten into a really bad car accident & died. I cried for two days straight it was horrific :lol: probably the worst Christmas day of my life haha.

Dirty Rotten Bastard

Dirty Rotten Bastard
  • Pizza God

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 2,973 rep

POPULAR

this

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

oh, and that. 

Dirty Rotten Bastard

Dirty Rotten Bastard
  • Pizza God

• 4,015 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 2,973 rep

oh, and that. 

stop changing your picture you're confusing me.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • http://ask.fm/ceadog

• 15,604 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,261 rep

POPULAR

You bitch :mad:

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Bellamy Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,382 rep

POPULAR

The low pants controversy with Billie Joe...c'mon people.

FreakyMe

FreakyMe
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined Dec 23, 2012
  • 294 rep

that was fucking genius , not stupid

tigress

tigress
  • FuckMyLife666

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts
  • Joined Mar 03, 2006
  • 2,367 rep

POPULAR

"Omgz BillY jO is sOOOo Hawt buT hez lyKe olD enogH too B mY DAd11!1 lolZ"

LudeBoy

LudeBoy
  • thei see me tverkin' thei haytin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Joined Mar 29, 2011
  • 569 rep

95% of what people write here.

Dirty Rotten Bastard

Dirty Rotten Bastard
  • Pizza God

• 4,015 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 2,973 rep

You bitch :mad:

i

am

sorry

MuricanIDIOT

MuricanIDIOT
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined May 13, 2013
  • 40 rep

POPULAR

I remember one time reading a review of AI and most of the review was positive but then it said something like "...but I have to give this album 2 out of 5 stars because Green Day has gone emo and mainstream..."

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,195 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,786 rep

POPULAR

99% of the Green Day section of this forum. 

Judges daughter 93

Judges daughter 93
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 176 rep

I've once seen an opinion of a so-called 'music expert', where he stated Green Day is a pop music     :shok:  :fool:  

John.

John.
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 28,886 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 6,796 rep

I'll kick things off with the obvious - Cracked's article saying Lady Cobra is Green Day's Yoko Ono. I can't quite tell if it's a joke or not. Even if it is true, what the fuck? :lol:

Yes, it's a joke, that's the whole point of Cracked. I actually thought that piece was amusing. Not hilarious but worth a chuckle. 

Advertising

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

Yes, it's a joke, that's the whole point of Cracked. I actually thought that piece was amusing. Not hilarious but worth a chuckle. 

Whoever wrote that does not understand about Yoko Ono and the negative impact she had on The Beatles and John Son from a previous marriage,  but seemed to have used the slang term of "The Yoko Ono Effect" (making everything sh*t and thus ruining it) as the basis for the article.   I dont think Lady Cobra made everything sh*t or ruined the album or Green Days' Career.  OK that Nightlife song got mixed reactions but she isnt responsible for the album and on whether it's good or not.  But when Billie is writing about a woman is the context of their albums and stating "its the first time we've wrote about F**king" people are going to talk.  Cracked.com might have triggered more discussions about Billie.  It might the orgin of these discussions about his personal life and without adding "and it doesnt come from personal experience its just a fun, fantasy record that some Garage rock/Power pop tracks on the albums..."  His personal life is none of my business and I dont want to know what he "likes".  etc.  

Edited by Beezey, 27 September 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Zack.

Zack.
  • Resident Digod

• 3,426 posts
  • Joined Apr 17, 2010
  • 1,478 rep

POPULAR

Probably that story about Billie running to his room after his dad's funeral and being all "Wake Me Up When September Ends" that was passed around on tumblr as well as others.

i crie evrytim ;_;

Beezey

Beezey
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Sep 25, 2013
  • 35 rep

Probably that story about Billie running to his room after his dad's funeral and being all "Wake Me Up When September Ends" that was passed around on tumblr as well as others.

i crie evrytim ;_;

Agree but it was true he run home, possibly crying (cannot remember) and locked himself in his room and his mum run back to the house to try and talk to him.  I dont like reading silly and insenstive comments about his Dad like:   "Billie Joe Wake up, September has Ended" - etc maybe they are unaware how insensitive it looks cos often people who post that are very young fans. 

Edited by Beezey, 27 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,195 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,786 rep

I've once seen an opinion of a so-called 'music expert', where he stated Green Day is a pop music     :shok:  :fool:  

They really, really are though. Green Day entered pop music when Basket Case became recognisable, and then again when BOBD could be heard in every supermarket and mall from Australia to France. Suck up the bullshit 'grdday so PUNKZZ bullshit' because they're as much pop as they are punk rock. 

That's the beauty of pop; it's a bit of everything. Anyone who things 'pop' is a dirty word is truly missing the point of what pop represents. Popular Music. :)

Mara Garcia Green Day

Mara Garcia Green Day
  • English muffin ♥

• 5,456 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2013
  • 8,148 rep

I've seen comments from a few people (and a few Green Day "fans") on Facebook who said they starting to hate Green Day and Billie cause he's bisexual and he kiss guys on stage  :mellow:

Judges daughter 93

Judges daughter 93
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 176 rep

They really, really are though. Green Day entered pop music when Basket Case became recognisable, and then again when BOBD could be heard in every supermarket and mall from Australia to France. Suck up the bullshit 'grdday so PUNKZZ bullshit' because they're as much pop as they are punk rock. 

That's the beauty of pop; it's a bit of everything. Anyone who things 'pop' is a dirty word is truly missing the point of what pop represents. Popular Music. :)

I know, but he didn't mean 'pop' this way. He was comparing Green Day to Rihanna  :ninja: You can't agree with the statement they play music similar to the Rihanna's, can you?

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

POPULAR

"...while admitting that Green Day's recent out put has not been good enough to get playlisted by the station....and the last Green Day project simply wasn't good enough."

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• 4,671 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,571 rep

"...while admitting that Green Day's recent out put has not been good enough to get playlisted by the station....and the last Green Day project simply wasn't good enough."

I knew that you were going to post this, it must be the stupidest thing said in the whole year

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,195 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,786 rep

I know, but he didn't mean 'pop' this way. He was comparing Green Day to Rihanna  :ninja: You can't agree with the statement they play music similar to the Rihanna's, can you?

In that context absolutely not. :lol: But then I see nothing wrong with Rihanna at the end of the day. Music has always had trash, right since charts began. It fulfills it's own little purpose. 

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • http://ask.fm/ceadog

• 15,604 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,261 rep

I actually agree very much with this :P

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,195 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 4,786 rep

I've seen comments from a few people (and a few Green Day "fans") on Facebook who said they starting to hate Green Day and Billie cause he's bisexual and he kiss guys on stage  :mellow:

I was going to ask if you live in a Catholic country and then saw Mexico so yeah... 

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

I knew that you were going to post this, it must be the stupidest thing said in the whole year

i'm predictable as fuck when it comes to Green Day and i'm ok with that.

I actually agree very much with this :P

that's because you hate the Trilogy. i love it. like, it's my baby. if i could claim something as my own it'd be that

Zack.

Zack.
  • Resident Digod

• 3,426 posts
  • Joined Apr 17, 2010
  • 1,478 rep

Agree but it was true he run home, possibly crying (cannot remember) and locked himself in his room and his mum run back to the house to try and talk to him.

No it's not. 

Spinelli

Spinelli
  • 10,928 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 6,240 rep

yeah no that story about WMUWSE isn't even remotely true :lol: some desperate fans made it up to get a few notes on Tumblr, thats it.

Mara Garcia Green Day

Mara Garcia Green Day
  • English muffin ♥

• 5,456 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2013
  • 8,148 rep

I was going to ask if you live in a Catholic country and then saw Mexico so yeah... 

....Ok, but it's from different people in Latin America, not just México.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users