Stupidest thing you've ever seen written about Green Day?

Spike

It's up for debate, surely, but there's no question that your perception of the emotion contained in any work of art is entirely subjective. Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, for example, I find extremely boring and soulless. For some reason other people consider it better and more powerful than the original - even Trent Reznor has stated he feels this way and stated that it's "no longer his song".

Well yeah, fair point. I'm not a fan of either version of Hurt, but as much as I love Johnny Cash I find his version really dull too. I guess with American Idiot you kind of have to have heard the whole album to realise what it's all about, there's not much 'emotion' in the title track for example. Casual 'fans' or people who can't be arsed to listen to it all won't have a chance of appreciating it in that respect.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend sent me a message on Facebook saying how green day should burn in hell and so should I. Then proceeded to send me links to a very one-sided hypocritical megachristian articles on how it brainwashed people...

Does that count?

i would say so.

That Cracked article a while back about how Billie was leaving Adrienne for Lady Cobra was gold.

Well i saw that GDA post a picture of Lady Gaga, i think it was Matt? :P Anyway, i saw this in the comments:

This a reply to someone that said that Gaga and Billie were friends:

Not anymore. He admitted in an interview that she was the one that got him hooked on pills and continued to give them to him. Since he went to rehab he has been banned by his wife from having any contact with Lady Gaga.

I don't remember any of that :huh:

Well i saw that GDA post a picture of Lady Gaga, i think it was Matt? :P Anyway, i saw this in the comments:

This a reply to someone that said that Gaga and Billie were friends:

I don't remember any of that :huh:

I've just read this as well (on here: http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4567/ ). The person who wrote it said he was just kidding...

• 4 weeks later...

I remember an internet article that said that BJ's was deaf of the right ear because it has been stabbed... because of a conflict related with drugs.
I laughed my ass off, really.

• 2 months later...

The article in local newspaper after Green Day's gig in Helsinki last June. The guy who wrote the article said that the show was just parody and he almost lost his mind there. How can anyone say something like that?! :mad: The gig was far from parody, I'm telling you.

• 1 month later...

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=5132638

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and all but this person doesn't back it up and is unintelligent in presenting their argument. They make me angry.

This is one of the comments from this blog supporting Green Day, try and spot everything wrong. It's not hard.

Jerks!

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 12:00AM PST by Roxy

Okay I am so sick of everyone making STUPID LIES about Greenday! And you know what we all have opions about different things. But I think greenday rocks! And you guys must be bored and jealous! Come on! Seriously! Just leave greenday and his fans alone! Stop making Greenday sucks pages and stuff like that! cause it's really mean! and fine if you guys are going to be like that then go ahead. Cause then you need to go to church! oh and you can get sued for making lies about greenday! And everyone knows that everything you say about Greenday isn';t true so have fun! And go to church! cause if you are going to be rotten mean like that then you should go to church cause you need God in your heart!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and all but this person doesn't back it up and is unintelligent in presenting their argument. They make me angry.

This is one of the comments from this blog supporting Green Day, try and spot everything wrong. It's not hard.

Jerks!

Okay I am so sick of everyone making STUPID LIES about Greenday! And you know what we all have opions about different things. But I think greenday rocks! And you guys must be bored and jealous! Come on! Seriously! Just leave greenday and his fans alone! Stop making Greenday sucks pages and stuff like that! cause it's really mean! and fine if you guys are going to be like that then go ahead. Cause then you need to go to church! oh and you can get sued for making lies about greenday! And everyone knows that everything you say about Greenday isn';t true so have fun! And go to church! cause if you are going to be rotten mean like that then you should go to church cause you need God in your heart!

To be honest that article just made me laugh :lol:

Jerks!

Such a wonderful piece of shit.

Pissed me off so much that I just put Platypus very loud. :P

Yes, we should all leave greenday and his fans alone. Greenday is such a nice man.

Yes, we should all leave greenday and his fans alone. Greenday is such a nice man.

Not sure if she though Billie Joe Armstrong was the only member or if there was a legitimate person that went by Green Day but people are just fantastic sometimes.

Others...not so much

I don't know why I find it so funny when people are so passionately hateful to something that is so inconsequential.

oh and also, this: http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/editors/b/gibryan_blog/archive/2010/06/09/i-never-realized-how-much-green-day-ripped-off-other-bands-until-their-game-came-out.aspx?PageIndex=2

Shhhh, I think his name is Green D'Ay. :o

Inconsequential? :o

The amount that people hate musicians is massively disproportionate to the amount of hate those musicians deserve is what I mean I guess. And I often find it hilarious :lol:

Jerks!

If you are going to try and defend a band against haters don't sound like an immature moron. Honestly at least try to make yourself out to be a semi-intelligent human being.

Yeah, to be fair, the people trying to defend Green Day sounded just as stupid as those attacking them and nowhere near as funny.

Yeah, to be fair, the people trying to defend Green Day sounded just as stupid as those attacking them and nowhere near as funny.

It's sad how dumb they sound. If you're going to defend somethin you have to sound somewhat knowledgable and not just attack the other party.

• 3 months later...

I made this topic for all those annoying comments made by Green Day haters or people who just don't know enough about them and get things incorrect or start assuming things or making rumors

Ex: Billy Joel Armstrong that makes me so incredibly angry he's not a fucking piano man.

The AI fanboys comments are more annoying than the Green Day haters comments. Just sayin'

Archived