Stupidest thing you've ever seen written about Green Day?

Spike

isnt this thread about stupid things writen about green day and members, not his wife?

Talks about Adie controlling Billies life. I think that fits the bill.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talks about Adie controlling Billies life. I think that fits the bill

She seems to be a large part of discussions and gets involved with some things that are to do with Green Day and their music, and I think it annoys some fans. And I can understand how it looks to people and how she could annoy them. She had not contributed driectly to Green Day and fans get annoyed when people are bullied into giving her attention and give her attention. Accept that there are going to be people who dont like how she is involved or gets involved with things that she hasnt done. Also she made him move house and bulid a new home closer to their sons schools - so its a predictable opinion.

I have read quite a few people complain about her, her behaviour and attitude and behaviour after iHeart. It can annoy people. Also, some fans resent being attacked and flamed for not liking her - why should they? It just makes the haters hate her more. She wouldnt get any attention if she wasnt married to Billie Joe. All that "Adie you are so amazing" and "if you where a true fan you would" stuff also annoys people. Discussions also always ends up disccussig her even on Green day sites and fan pages and it could annoy people - its irrevelant. Basically you have to give her attention in order to be a Green Day fan or else and so that really annoys people.

Did she write American Idiot? No. There is a good reason for hatred towards her. I dont blame anyone who cannot stand her.

She seems to be a large part of discussions and gets involved with some things that are to do with Green Day and their music, and I think it annoys some fans.

Can't say I've ever noticed. And I can't see why any sane fan would care.

isnt this thread about stupid things writen about green day and members, not his wife?

HEY I CARE ABOUT TECHNICALITIES TOO

LET'S JOIN FORCES

NO ONE WILL EVER TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ON THE EDGE OF RELATION AGAIN

Can't say I've ever noticed. And I can't see why any sane fan would care.

I think it should be the opposite - why should a fan care about his wife. Shes just a spouse and muse. Nothing more and nothing less. One time some fans she tried to talk to, shouted "hey, adrienne sign my a**" - no most fans who are sane dont care about a spouse of a rock star. But fans are forced to or else. Just like I probably get removed for not gushing over how amazing she is. I dont blame anyone who hates her and there are many people write negative stuff.

During a red carpet event she was walking around stating "no autographs just photos" when fans got ther mobiles out to PHOTOGRAPH BILLIE - I dont blame anyone who hates her - now that is pretty stupid.

I think it should be the opposite - why should a fan care about his wife. Shes just a spouse and muse. Nothing more and nothing less. One time some fans she tried to talk to, shouted "hey, adrienne sign my a**" - no most fans who are sane dont care about a spouse of a rock star. But fans are forced to or else. Just like I probably get removed for not gushing over how amazing she is.

Well it's people's choice who they look up to, isn't it? While I personally couldn't care less about her, but I have a couple of friends who have her as a great role model for themselves. And that's fine, it's not like she's Hitler or Charles Manson, she's a rockstar's wife. Fans really aren't forced to care about her on here, I have no idea where you got that idea from.

Well it's people's choice who they look up to, isn't it? While I personally couldn't care less about her, but I have a couple of friends who have her as a great role model for themselves. And that's fine, it's not like she's Hitler or Charles Manson, she's a rockstar's wife. Fans really aren't forced to care about her on here, I have no idea where you got that idea from.

Good. But I have come across in the past fans flaming fans for not gushing over her - which isnt good.

So... In short it's not ok to like Adie and talk about it. But it's fine to go on about how awful she is? None of us really know either way and I doubt we ever will.

She seems to be a large part of discussions and gets involved with some things that are to do with Green Day and their music, and I think it annoys some fans. And I can understand how it looks to people and how she could annoy them. She had not contributed driectly to Green Day and fans get annoyed when people are bullied into giving her attention and give her attention. Accept that there are going to be people who dont like how she is involved or gets involved with things that she hasnt done. Also she made him move house and bulid a new home closer to their sons schools - so its a predictable opinion.

I have read quite a few people complain about her, her behaviour and attitude and behaviour after iHeart. It can annoy people. Also, some fans resent being attacked and flamed for not liking her - why should they? It just makes the haters hate her more. She wouldnt get any attention if she wasnt married to Billie Joe. All that "Adie you are so amazing" and "if you where a true fan you would" stuff also annoys people. Discussions also always ends up disccussig her even on Green day sites and fan pages and it could annoy people - its irrevelant. Basically you have to give her attention in order to be a Green Day fan or else and so that really annoys people.

Did she write American Idiot? No. There is a good reason for hatred towards her. I dont blame anyone who cannot stand her.

.... there is no good reason for hatred for Adie and I love how you know for a fact she made Billie move and all this other stuff...

Not that I'm an Adie lover or hater I just never saw the point of people posting bout her or Brittney or family as they do its kinda weird people post Adies Brittneys or Jakobs and Joeys pictures on the ig posts escp ones that doesn't have Billie Mike or Tre in them ...

This time i'm agree with what C-dawg said. You don't need to like Adie, or Brittney or any of Tré's girlfriends cause you're a Green Day fan, they're not part of Green Day, but there's people (like me) who cares about them for different reasons. But at the same time if you don't like them that's not a reason why you should talk shit about them, or judge them, i think it's more stupid when people do that, cause they said they hate them but they talk about them more like anybody, like that girl who always talks shit about Adie, that girl needs some serious help!

Anyway, leave Adie alone, we should talk about Green Day not their wifes :)

Sorry for the bad english

:P

one time I read this local magazine, it was an article about the trilogy, a pretty positive and fair one too, but at some point it says (I have it right now, I'll try my best to translate) :

"their second single, "Kill the DJ" has recieved some mixed reactions, because it's a little bit, well... stupid. After all, there are not a lot of bands who would write an entire song in which they are asking to brutally slaughter the dj, or to be more specific: to "hold him underwater 'till the mother fucker drowns". Indeed, lyric poetry was never the band's strongest side."

sure. They only write dumb songs.

one time I read this local magazine, it was an article about the trilogy, a pretty positive and fair one too, but at some point it says (I have it right now, I'll try my best to translate) :

"their second single, "Kill the DJ" has recieved some mixed reactions, because it's a little bit, well... stupid. After all, there are not a lot of bands who would write an entire song in which they are asking to brutally slaughter the dj, or to be more specific: to "hold him underwater 'till the mother fucker drowns". Indeed, lyric poetry was never the band's strongest side."

sure. They only write dumb songs.

I pretty much agree with all of that apart from the last sentence. Kill The DJ is dire.

I pretty much agree with all of that apart from the last sentence. Kill The DJ is dire.

I was only referring to the last sentence :lol: you and my local magazine can hate that song all you want, I have nothing against that part.

This time i'm agree with what C-dawg said. You don't need to like Adie, or Brittney or any of Tré's girlfriends cause you're a Green Day fan, they're not part of Green Day, but there's people (like me) who cares about them for different reasons. But at the same time if you don't like them that's not a reason why you should talk shit about them, or judge them, i think it's more stupid when people do that, cause they said they hate them but they talk about them more like anybody, like that girl who always talks shit about Adie, that girl needs some serious help!

Anyway, leave Adie alone, we should talk about Green Day not their wifes :)

Sorry for the bad english

:P

There are plently of people out there who "talk shit" about her. There arent just one "insane" fan that does it. Most people are just very particular about where they post their grievences about her on. There are many threads out there that have multiple usernames/people posting negative things about her - but you arent going to find any on here or any fan pages etc cos people or too scared say anything. For example quite a few people stated how shocked they where at her response at iHeart on here they all got flamed and attacked and removed. Many of the guys hate her but they are not going to be abused like the girls do if they are not postive about these women who invade the band in such a highly provoking way. It is not just a random troll/cyberstalker - there are loads of people who are hightly negative - but you are not going to come across these people on here or a fanpages because they are too frightened about being flamed and abused just because they dislike someone and attacking them will just make people hate her more.

and anyway. Its a Green Day thread not "stupid things said about Adrienne Armstrong and Brittney - cos they are amazing" and it is quite frankly, really cheesing me off - so I am leaving this thread. Feel good about that.

There is this Spiral of Slience and it only just serves to provoke people and make people to scared to say anything remotely negative of which I believe is continuing. Its NOT insane to dislike someone and people should have every right to - but apparently they don't.

I am leaving the thread as I can feel myself getting really wound up about the subject and every secord post is all about adrienne. I hope the threads starts to centre around Green Day and orginal subject of the thread soon as this is a Green Day fan site and thread. I think a Moderator should step in and get the thead back on the subject.

There are plently of people out there who "talk shit" about her. There arent just one "insane" fan that does it. Most people are just very particular about where they post their grievences about her on. There are many threads out there that have multiple usernames/people posting negative things about her - but you arent going to find any on here or any fan pages etc cos people or too scared say anything. For example quite a few people stated how shocked they where at her response at iHeart on here they all got flamed and attacked and removed. Many of the guys hate her but they are not going to be abused like the girls do if they are not postive about these women who invade the band in such a highly provoking way. It is not just a random troll/cyberstalker - there are loads of people who are hightly negative - but you are not going to come across these people on here or a fanpages because they are too frightened about being flamed and abused just because they dislike someone and attacking them will just make people hate her more.

and anyway. Its a Green Day thread not "stupid things said about Adrienne Armstrong and Brittney - cos they are amazing" and it is quite frankly, really cheesing me off - so I am leaving this thread. Feel good about that.

There is this Spiral of Slience and it only just serves to provoke people and make people to scared to say anything remotely negative of which I believe is continuing. Its NOT insane to dislike someone and people should have every right to - but apparently they don't.

I am leaving the thread as I can feel myself getting really wound up about the subject and every secord post is all about adrienne. I hope the threads starts to centre around Green Day and orginal subject of the thread soon as this is a Green Day fan site and thread. I think a Moderator should step in and get the thead back on the subject.

The point is the "grievances" people have with her are made up. Stuff about her being rude to or saying bad things about fans or "making" Billie do things or whatever, it's literally only posted by these people who hate her or someone who's read what they've written and swallowed it and there's never any kind of proof of it, they just make it up or assume it and post it as many places as possible to get people to believe it. I see you're doing it now, have you got any sources to support any of your claims about her by any chance?

It's on topic because people slag off Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day member) along with his wife, spread rumours about his personal life and slag off Green Day for allowing her to supposedly get some limelight or whatever they're babbling about, and it's some of the stupidest stuff I've ever seen. Simply not talking shit about someone isn't sucking up to them, it's just a normal and sane way to behave. I'm not defending her because I'm a "fan" of hers, she's just a random person to me. I'm defending her because spewing undeserved hatred towards anyone all over the internet, celebrity's wife or not, is wrong. I'm sorry but the fact that you can't even handle seeing her discussed shows that you have an unhealthy amount of dislike for someone who you don't even know. If you throw out unsubstantiated accusations about someone then you should expect people to respond to you.

The point is the "grievances" people have with her are made up. Stuff about her being rude to or saying bad things about fans or "making" Billie do things or whatever, it's literally only posted by these people who hate her or someone who's read what they've written and swallowed it and there's never any kind of proof of it, they just make it up or assume it and post it as many places as possible to get people to believe it. I see you're doing it now, have you got any sources to support any of your claims about her by any chance?

It's on topic because people slag off Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day member) along with his wife, spread rumours about his personal life and slag off Green Day for allowing her to supposedly get some limelight or whatever they're babbling about, and it's some of the stupidest stuff I've ever seen. Simply not talking shit about someone isn't sucking up to them, it's just a normal and sane way to behave. I'm not defending her because I'm a "fan" of hers, she's just a random person to me. I'm defending her because spewing undeserved hatred towards anyone all over the internet, celebrity's wife or not, is wrong. I'm sorry but the fact that you can't even handle seeing her discussed shows that you have an unhealthy amount of dislike for someone who you don't even know. If you throw out unsubstantiated accusations about someone then you should expect people to respond to you.

I am NOT doing anything. I am asking is for the thread to get back on topic - i.e: about GREEN DAY. But obviously i cant say that. Not going to post anymore on this thread.

I am NOT doing anything.

I think you're posting on a forum? If you don't want to continue the discussion it's fine, but understand that if you post something then people might reply to you.

I read somewhere that Green Day's main influence was Blink-182...

I love both bands, but saying that is just stupid, basiclly because Green Day started before Blink and their sounds have nothing to do with each other.

I just remember reading somewhere that someone called Billie Joe a Nazi because he would do the nazi salute during Holiday.

Nothing more to add, this guy was a total idiot

Being called "insane" cos I am asking for the thread to go back on topic and explaining as to why someone might be negative about certain things and that they are peoplel who do say that type of stuff and understanding why, and saying I was getting annoyed about it instead of resorting to personal flames and attacks and that I was leaving the thread because I was getting annoyed - so you want me to stay and flame someone?. Thank you, I appreciate that. Its not my fault.

On Topic: A hate thread about American Idiot being "too political" and that it was too "pop" and calling Billie loads of hateful names etc and saying they are not or never where punk cos they came to be in the 80s instead of the 70s.....naturally, I just left them to it and laughed.

Being called "insane" cos I am asking for the thread to go back on topic and explaining as to why someone might be negative about certain things and that they are peoplel who do say that type of stuff and understanding why, and saying I was getting annoyed about it instead of resorting to personal flames and attacks and that I was leaving the thread because I was getting annoyed - so you want me to stay and flame someone?. Thank you, I appreciate that. Its not my fault.

Dude, just let it go. Geez, what's with the rash of easily offended people on here lately?

One time I read an article that said Green Day was a more influential punk band than the big three of punk (Sex Pistols, Ramones, and The Clash, in case y'all didn't know). I thought that was dumb. Green Day's influential, no doubt about it, but lol, those three bands invented it. Can't be more influential than creating something, in my mind....

kingsley-o.gif

On the Redundant vid on YouTube: ''It seems that Billie's masturbating during the whole video, I guess that's why they called him Armstrong.''

Metallica is One band that will remain in history i dont think Green Day well , plus Green Day is one reason gays are still growing more and more in this world will punk rock whole is one reason gays will add up every generation , plus heavier metal needs more talent to make a 1 song not just spamming ( wake me up when september ends ) whole 5 mins . heavy metal goes for 10 min no problem from a story to emotional solo into a hype rising riffs into the continue of the story ....

Courtesy of fahad alshamsi on Facebook.

Archived