Best Green Day concert ever

Beatlesdude

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's difficult, best concert in what regard? Setlist? Atmosphere? Venue?

For me it will always be Belfast 20/10/09 because I sang on stage with them and it was my first time seeing them in almost 5 years. But setlist wise I'm sure it would have to Mainz 01/07/10 because we got Maria, Viva La Gloria, Fuck Time, some of Letterbomb, Pasalacqua, Murder City, American Eulogy and some of Pulling Teeth.

Bullet in a bible!

Well, I only have seen them 2 times.
But between these 2 concerts I have to say Locarno.
I arrived so early in the morning, we was about 10 people, we spent the whole day under the sun, it was hot as fuck,
but I met a few new awesome people (ugh and I still don't know how to find them :\)
Then, I got a really awesome spot, I was really close to the stage, I got a Mike's pick and I saw BJ got on the bus.

Miss them a bit

Jaded in chicago, by far. Even though the whole band was flying on speed, it was still great.

The best GD concert shall be my first GD concert, whenever that may be, because I refuse to think otherwise.

I've never seen them live but from what I've seen on YT Bullet In A Bible,Reading 2005,Jaded Chicago,Woodstock 94,or Reading 2013 (Dookie in full and the crowd interaction)

My Personal Fav is Jaded in Chicago for sure ! watched that sooo Soooo SOOOOO many times and love it !

Definetly Glasgow 2009. Was my first ever concert and my first green day show :wub: I got a pick from Mike and I was front row. All the little things like replacing underground in Before the Lobotomy with Scotland and Billie being unable to count :lol:

hearing blood sex and booze live definitely tops my list :wub:

Holy.Shitballs. I would definitely die for an acoustic back-to-back rendition of that entire album. Thanks for sharing that.

As for the best concert of this tour? Tut-tut, it was the one that got attention of about everybody due to its setlist. :P The second-fifth time around it just wasn't as surprising. To me, personally, it made me reconsider a bunch of choices I made in my 20s and realising what really means to treat people well. :wub:

So many choices, but I'll give you my Top 5

Reading 2013 (Billie throwing his guitar, Dookie played in full. outstanding!)

Columbiahalle 2001 (An excellent show from the Warning tour. only performance of Deadbeat Holiday ever too)

Silver Dollar Club 1993 (pretty much the Dookie promo show. a lot of goodies played there too)

Nokia Theatre 2009 (pretty nice set on the 21CB tour, a lot of other cool ones too)

Pinole Valley High School 1990 (marvelous performance, and at their school too)

• 8 months later...

Greek Theater in Berkeley was probably my favorite of the more recent Green Day tours.

The Not so Silent Night in Oakland in 2011 was great too, since it was just put together like an hour earlier and they were just the 3 again. It was just awesome!

I still love the first time I saw them in Petaluma at the Phoenix theater opening for Bad Religion.

As far as video, Reading 2013 was great too.

I still love the first time I saw them in Petaluma at the Phoenix theater opening for Bad Religion.

In 91? Do you remember any of the setlist? That was the last show John ever played

So many choices, but I'll give you my Top 5

Reading 2013 (Billie throwing his guitar, Dookie played in full. outstanding!)

Columbiahalle 2001 (An excellent show from the Warning tour. only performance of Deadbeat Holiday ever too)

Silver Dollar Club 1993 (pretty much the Dookie promo show. a lot of goodies played there too)

Nokia Theatre 2009 (pretty nice set on the 21CB tour, a lot of other cool ones too)

Pinole Valley High School 1990 (marvelous performance, and at their school too)

Did you attend Columbiahalle 2001? There's no proof that Deadbeat Holiday was played, and the setlist is most likely fake.

My personal favorites based on surfaced recordings:

Woodstock 1994 (for obvious reasons and notorious mud fight with the crowd)

Fillmore 1997 (Unusually long show for 1997, famous for Billie beating the shit out of an asshole in the crowd)

City Hall San Francisco 2000 (a benefit show played without a written setlist, almost always makes a good fun show for Green Day, FM recording cuts out during Blitzkrieg Bop though)

Warfiield 2005 (American Idiot tour show with an unusually great, long setlist, lots of good cover songs played)

DNA Lounge 2009 (when that recording surfaced I can't even remotely explain the excitement in me, lived up to it's expectations overall, a loose & fun show with an awesome setlist)

Mainz, Germany 2010 (one of the best 21st Century Breakdown tour setlsits that took place in a bigger venue, along with Costa Rica- no good recording of that though)

Irving Plaza 2012 (great setlist, not done in Billie's best state of mind though, notable performance of Wake Me Up When September Ends)

Reading 2013 (only pro-shot of Dookie in full, a great show as well)

Archived