Best Green Day concert ever

Beatlesdude

Not sure if this has been posted before, but what, in your opinion, is the all time best concert GD ever performed?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note to all who answer: please elaborate.

For me, in was Chula Vista in 2010. The rarities squeezed in were great: The Judge's Daughter, Platypus, Geek Stink Breath, Dominated Love Slave (:wub:), then one of only four times on the amphitheater tour where the main set was closed with a spectacular version of American Eulogy. They also soundchecked Having a Blast, which had those of us in line who knew the song losing our shit.

Also, I was there.

best for me was most definitely o2 Academy, Brixton. first time i saw Dookie in full. the atmosphere was amazing, the crowd were going skits to every fucking song, and the band were incredible.

best for me was most definitely o2 Academy, Brixton. first time i saw Dookie in full. the atmosphere was amazing, the crowd were going skits to every fucking song, and the band were incredible.

Also Key-dah and Fran were there. So jealous, must've been amazing. :cry:

This is a really hard one, but for me I'm going to say Pittsburgh 2013. The setlist wasn't special or anything, but they were so good that every song sounded new and fresh (even KFAD and BOBD, which is saying something). I'd never seen the band so happy or full of energy, except maybe at Emirates. The crowd was great and everything was just perfect.

Otherwise I'd definitely say Costa Rica 2010, for setlist and stuff. They played ¡Viva La Gloria!, Geek Stink Breath, One for the Razorbacks, Disappearing Boy, Brat, One of My Lies, I Was There, Road to Acceptance, Waiting, Paper Lanterns, Extraordinary Girl, Whatsername... the band were great there too and I think it was their 2nd longest show.

Emirates comes close but going to go with those two!

The best Green Day concert to which I was, was the gig in Milan 2013 (Italy)

It was awesome and the only one to which I have been yet XD

That is such a tough question. Of the ones I've been to they were all amazing in their own way - the first one was, well, my first one, and blew my fucking mind. Especially as it was at the height of their mainstream success in England, everything surrounding it just made it even better. The second one, on the 21CB tour was probably the best in terms of spectacle and fun, and the atmosphere was crazy. It seemed to be a bit more spontaneous and less tightly rehearsed in terms of stage show, which I think really added to it. I think the third one, at the LCCC was my least favourite purely because I'm not a fan of outdoor shows, and the atmosphere wasn't quite as good somehow. It was still awesome though, it was a Green Day show after all... And Brixton was mind blowing. Dookie in full, and I was right down the front for the first time. And it was a London gig, and London gigs are always better.

And that's just the ones I've been lucky enough to go to. Of the ones I'm aware of, Irving Plaza and Milton Keynes have to be difficult to top.

Difficult to say. I've never seen them, so I would have to say the Bullet in a Bible concert. It's great to see them in their prime and it was the first Green Day thing I ever got, so it gets kudos for that.

Brixton has been my favourite show so far, although the emirates was fantastic, but I would have enjoyed it so much more had we not been messed around at doors.

And Shepherds Bush...damn that was special. But Brixton has been my personal favourite. The band seemed so happy and were interacting so much more with the crowd. Just felt like a very special 'event'. The crowd were great too.

Also Key-dah and Fran were there. So jealous, must've been amazing. :cry:

I make Green Day concerts amazing, obviously :P

iHeartRadio

"I WANNA FUCKIN' FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' RIHANNA"

A lot of ppl die everyday, why ain't you one of 'em?

Also, CUNT

A lot of ppl die everyday, why ain't you one of 'em?

Also, CUNT

i like you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlHo_bCFpro

Goat Island, 2000, for several reasons;

1) They were still a three piece, so the stage is less crowded

2) Before American Idiot, so no grandiose production, just some hilarious banter between Billie and Mike (and occasionally Tre :D)

3) The Warning tour, so they were playing more stuff off of Warning, as well as Nimrod, which they don't play live anymore

4) The boat in Hitchin a Ride

That is all.

Even though Barclays Center was my favorite because I was front row center and got to meet Tre after, the best for me would be Madison Square Garden July 27, 2009. My very first Green Day concert. Seeing them live for the first time will always be the best for me.

Warfield, San Francisco California 2005.

The longest Green Day concert ever at 2 hours and 42 minutes with 41 songs. :)

http://www.gdtorrent.com/live_guide.php?op=show&id=852

Is a good show man. But the average breakdown gig is longer than that ;). Longest ever is Costa Rica 2010 with 3H and 20 minutos. Then comes Prague with 3H and 10 minutes :)

I pick one or two by era :)

1989/07/22 - Kalx radio

1992/05/06 - Cruel Elephant

1994/06/07 - Dutchess of York

1996/08/27 - Montreal Forum

1998/02/01 - London Astoria

2000/10/19 - Goat Island (this is the funniest, but in this era there are a lot of good shows)

2002/04/04 - Osaka Castel Hall

2005/11/12 - Fuse Comp'd

2009/08/24-25 both great

2010 - Michigan, Prague, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica

I don't have a favorite yet from trilogy, but Iheart Radio is my choice by now.

Goat Island, 2000, for several reasons;

1) They were still a three piece, so the stage is less crowded

2) Before American Idiot, so no grandiose production, just some hilarious banter between Billie and Mike (and occasionally Tre :D)

3) The Warning tour, so they were playing more stuff off of Warning, as well as Nimrod, which they don't play live anymore

4) The boat in Hitchin a Ride

That is all.

Is there a download of this? The link on here is dead.

Archived