Similar sounding parts in different songs

UnoDosTreCuatro

The one that really annoys me: "Lazy Bones" and "99 Revolutions" have the same drum intro. The exact. Goddam. Same. You cannot tell the difference between the two until the guitar comes in.

This one I don't get. In Lazy Bones, Tre has a beat bu either hitting his sticks together or the rim of something on his kit, it's very distinct.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazy bones and 99 sounds the same but it isn't the same

They don't match up when you mix them together

ever time the intro to one of them comes on shuffle, i challenge myself to guess which song it is & i'm right like 99% of the time :lol: i can't even tell the difference, if you asked me what it was i'd have no clue but i can tell them apart most of the time.

ever time the intro to one of them comes on shuffle, i challenge myself to guess which song it is & i'm right like 99% of the time :lol: i can't even tell the difference, if you asked me what it was i'd have no clue but i can tell them apart most of the time.

Lol yeah they are alike but they do have some differences I've never been into drumsbso I couldn't tell ya what exactly is difference

But if you took just the drums intro and load em into a music editor and let em play they don't match up except for a second in the middle (I was bored on day)

The riffs to "16" and "When I Come Around" are the same, "16" is just faster and a bit different. And "Lazy Bones" sounds a hell of alot like "Give Me Novacaine" when the guitar comes in before the singing.

WICA = G-D-E-C

16 = B-A-E

Really not the same.

The similarity I can see is the strumming pattern is pretty close, and on both riffs, when you play the E chord, you play the high notes too. Or I do anyway.

The first riff from Stuck With Me is similar to the first riff from Welcome to Paradise.

I still don't get WHY people are still confused about 99 Revolutions and Lazy Bones drum intro. Here's the difference:

Lazy Bones - You hear somekind of clacking in the drum intro, like, "Ba-dum-dum clack ". And it's also slower too.

99 Revolutions - The somekind of clacking shit is gone, plus it's faster.

Shoplifter is a mixture of Dirty Rotten Bastards, Amy and Blood, Sex and Booze.

Troublemaker's guitar intro is (to me) similar to Fuck Time's intro. Troublemaker is faster than Fuck Time.

Makeout Party's intro backwards is similar to East Jesus Nowhere.

(That's all I know leleleleel)

The ones i've noticed are:

Let yourself Go and Jesus Of Suburbia "Tales of Another Broken Home"

Church on Sunday and The Static age, they have the same melody or whatever

Letterbomb and Viva La Gloria

Extraordinary Girl and Know Your Enemy

Sweet Children and Welcome To Paradise (kerplunk)

Platypus (I hate you) and Jaded

Prosthetic Head and Horseshoes and Handgrenades

Deadbeat Holiday and American Eulogy "Mass Hysteria"

Holiday and 21 Guns

And a lot of other songs including ones from the new albums but im too lazy. xD

Okay i wanna post more. xD

There's also these:

At The Library and Geek Stink Breath (slower tempo in GSB)

2000 Light Years Away and Chump

Redundant and Dreamcatcher, also Dreamcatcher and Homecoming

Peacemaker, Misery and Viva La Gloria Little Girl

This might just be me, but my dad noticed something I didn't. Stop Drop and Roll!!! was playing in the car, and Dark Side of Night was on, and he pointed out a similarity in the melody to the one in East Jesus Nowhere:
"There's a rain tonight falling from the stars"

"A fire burns today of blasphemy and genocide"

Also, the riffs for The Pedestrian and Cigarettes & Valentines.

And the phrasing of these lines

Extraordinary Girl: "Some days he feels like dying, some days it's not worth trying, now that they both are finding"

Sweet 16: "'Cause you will always be my, well you will always be my, you will always be my sweet sixteen"

Prosthetic Head and Horseshoes and Handgrenades

Troublemaker, too.

Letterbomb and Viva La Gloria sound a lot alike at different points throughout both songs.

And Scattered, and Rusty James. Chord progressions are nearly identical in all four of them.

The choruses of Nuclear Family and Scattered both have a vocal break in the middle with the exact same guitar part.

• I don't know what it is, but something about Fuck Time reminds me of Sally.

Sounds pretty personal.

• 4 months later...

One day I happened to compare a few songs Uno, Dos, and Tré with other songs by Green Day, but those old albums. Here are the similarities that I found with these songs:

Carpe Diem = Suffocate

Let Yourself Go = Maria

Fell For You = Pulling Teeth, Worry Rock

Troublemaker = Warning

See You Tonight = Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Wild One = Walking Alone, Rotting

Wow! That's Loud = Hitchin'a Ride

X-Kid = The intro is similar to the song Why Do You Want Him.

A Little Boy Named Train = Know Your Enemy

Walk Away = Hold On

Dirty Rotten Bastards = There is a part of the song similar to the song Jaded and also is similar to Platypus (I Hate You).

99 Revolutions = The final part of the song is similar to the final part of the song Chump (when this starts the song in Longview).

The Forgotten = Last Night On Earth

Guys, what do you think? I would like to have your opinion. Help me.

Not 2 green day songs but the solo in Tales of another Broken home always reminds me of the vocal melody of the verses in Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash

Just noticed this. Sweet 16 and Sex, Drugs and Violence both have that same quick drum hit, then launch into the song.

The first riff from Stuck With Me is similar to the first riff from Welcome to Paradise.

I still don't get WHY people are still confused about 99 Revolutions and Lazy Bones drum intro. Here's the difference:

Lazy Bones - You hear somekind of clacking in the drum intro, like, "Ba-dum-dum clack ". And it's also slower too.

99 Revolutions - The somekind of clacking shit is gone, plus it's faster.

Shoplifter is a mixture of Dirty Rotten Bastards, Amy and Blood, Sex and Booze.

Troublemaker's guitar intro is (to me) similar to Fuck Time's intro. Troublemaker is faster than Fuck Time.

Makeout Party's intro backwards is similar to East Jesus Nowhere.

(That's all I know leleleleel)

It's really confusing in the middle of the night.

Chorus of 2,000 light years away and the verse of Bastards of Young, same chord pattern

Archived