Similar sounding parts in different songs

UnoDosTreCuatro

The choruses of See The Light and Cutting Crew's I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight are basically identical.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually took the time to really listen to the intros of Lazy Bones and 99 and they are different but it was impossible to tell till I consciously did it

Also Troublemaker and Alligator remind me of each other which is funny cause I hate them both.

This might just be me, but my dad noticed something I didn't. Stop Drop and Roll!!! was playing in the car, and Dark Side of Night was on, and he pointed out a similarity in the melody to the one in East Jesus Nowhere:
"There's a rain tonight falling from the stars"

"A fire burns today of blasphemy and genocide"

I think that's a little nitpicky they kind of sound alike but not really

The bridge/solo in Prosthetic Head is nearly the same as the riff at the beginning of Horseshoes and Handgrenades.

• 1 month later...

To my untrained ear, part of Sassafras Roots is somewhat reminiscent of Pinhead Gunpowder's Life During Wartime. And Android from Kerplunk vaguely sounds the same as 27. I could be wrong though.

To my untrained ear, part of Sassafras Roots is somewhat reminiscent of Pinhead Gunpowder's Life During Wartime.

They're pretty similar, yeah. They both use a I iv V progression during the verses.

Also Troublemaker and Alligator remind me of each other which is funny cause I hate them both.

Know that I think about it, they are pretty similar.

Archived