Wannabefameass.com - Connection to Green Day?

InvaderPhantom

Didn't they say at one point they were 'remixing' some of the trilogy tracks? They walk right into Jingletown and head straight to the mixing board. :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't they say at one point they were 'remixing' some of the trilogy tracks? They walk right into Jingletown and head straight to the mixing board. :D

Tis true....tis true....I'd be convinced that's what it was if it wasn't for the connection to this Austrian band :S

Yeah the Austrian band thing throws a wrench in the whole thing. But, why would they promote their new album in this kind of way? They're not a very big band, it doesn't seem likely they would bury a random set of videos out there on the web with no specific references to them, etc. Bands as (relatively) small as they are need to be in your face about promotions, not sneakily hiding videos around online. Idk it all seems strange and saying it's just all about the Austrian band doesn't quite fit with all the pieces we have here.

Exactly! If you removed the other band from the picture, this would be a pretty solid indication of something new coming our way. It's possible there's some sort of collaboration going on (not sure I'd be too crazy about that, I like my Green Day just 100% Green Day).

Or, as people have suggested, this has absolutely nothing do with Green Day (apart from the studio and Mike in their photo). I guess time/more videos will tell :happy:

Yeah the Austrian band thing throws a wrench in the whole thing. But, why would they promote their new album in this kind of way? They're not a very big band, it doesn't seem likely they would bury a random set of videos out there on the web with no specific references to them, etc. Bands as (relatively) small as they are need to be in your face about promotions, not sneakily hiding videos around online. Idk it all seems strange and saying it's just all about the Austrian band doesn't quite fit with all the pieces we have here.

Yeah!

I think there is some colloboration going on... I don't think that Mike just came by to an random band...

and it's very weird too that this small band doing there stuff at JingleTown! I know it's open for everyone... but is it worth for an small Austrian band to come to the US, paying the flights and working time with Chris Dugan?

I think this is a lot of money they have to afford!

Does that make sense if there is nothing special going on? Or am I wrong?

Chris Dugan works with them, it's on their site.

Ahh ill be honest I've never gone to the site

Yeah!

I think there is some colloboration going on... I don't think that Mike just came by to an random band...

and it's very weird too that this small band doing there stuff at JingleTown! I know it's open for everyone... but is it worth for an small Austrian band to come to the US, paying the flights and working time with Chris Dugan?

I think this is a lot of money they have to afford!

Does that make sense if there is nothing special going on? Or am I wrong?

It is a lot of money to do something like that. But I guess it makes the most sense out of what info we've got.

My guitar teacher and his reggae band flew from Germany to California to record their album in a really small studio, his band isn't popular or anything but they did it anyways because they really wanted to work with that certain producer and the producer really wanted to work with them. I guess it could be the same situation with the austrian band, maybe they wanted to get their stuff produced by Chris Dugan and so they just decided to come to California to work with him.

The date it's counting down to is December 13th which is a Friday, in Germany (and Austria as well, I suppose) Friday is the day records are being released so I think the countdown is nothing but referring to the release date of their record.

So you mean... this band and GD are working together on a project and they used the name of the band to register the domain to confuse us that this has nothing do to with GD...? but actually it is... to keep it secret? or what do you mean?

I mean to keep it secret, sorry I wrote that right after I woke up and I'm just now realizing how fucked up that was. I think this band has something to do with a upcoming GD project in some way, and they registered the domain under the Austrians band because remember everyone knew the network was GD because the network website was registered to GD. See what I mean?

Weird, I remember the timer being at 36 days when the first video was posted??

Maybe this timer is a countdown to the next video?

Yeah, I am thinking what if this has something to do with C & V, a lot of people were relating that song to Maria which was written around that time, and from what they've described C&V to be like that song sounds similar to that style, it is AIs 10th anniversary soon and billie said the next album would have a live unpolished raw sound which that didn't have. I think the first video was posted on sep 25 but you can see on their vimeo page

I mean to keep it secret, sorry I wrote that right after I woke up and I'm just now realizing how fucked up that was. I think this band has something to do with a upcoming GD project in some way, and they registered the domain under the Austrians band because remember everyone knew the network was GD because the network website was registered to GD. See what I mean?

Yeah, I am thinking what if this has something to do with C & V, a lot of people were relating that song to Maria which was written around that time, and from what they've described C&V to be like that song sounds similar to that style, it is AIs 10th anniversary soon and billie said the next album would have a live unpolished raw sound which that didn't have. I think the first video was posted on sep 25 but you can see on their vimeo page

Billie didn't say the next album would have a unpolished live sound just that he would like to do but he has been saying that for the last 10 years... and every album in the last 10 years they've done they haven't done it seems Billie wishes it and then gets scared to follow thru with it

I looked a these Austrians instagrams and I'm convinced Wannabefameass is the name of their new album, they posted pics from a music video shoot 46 or something days ago and they used the hashtag Wannabefameass, in my opinion this has little or nothing to do with GD, maybe a collaboration but that's it

December 13...didn't Billie Joe declare that day as national Green Day day?...:/

December 11 :)

• 1 month later...

Oh, c'mon!! ><

!? they changed it!? it says now 13 hours...

They changed the time only, meh.

Archived