Wannabefameass.com - Connection to Green Day?

InvaderPhantom

A friend of mine recently discovered this weird website: http://www.wannabefameass.com/

All it consists of is a countdown and a 12 second video showing a door which is the same door from the 21st Century Breakdown booklet: http://i.imgur.com/vM5IU5F.jpg

If you stop the video at 10 seconds there's a single frame of a gate that someone identified as the gate to Jingletown Studios. The door is probably the door to the studio.

On vimeo the video is titled "#1" so there's probably more to come.

What do you guys think? I think the most interesting thing is the countdown that's counting down to 36 days from now. Something's gonna happen. I have no idea if it has something to do with Green Day though.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go onto the link of WannabeFameass, if you click on when it says Vimeo - it will take you to a website that helps you make, create and upload and edit videos and improve on skills. It seems likely to be a fanmade video. Hopefully they didn't go to the actual door of the recording studio.

this is a weird link. make you really wonder what is going to happen. i guess we'll see in about 36-37 days.

It's interesting. Probably it has nothing to do with Green Day, but it's Jingletown for sure (at least it looks like Jingletown).

36 days from today is Halloween, so... :whistlemaybe a secret show or something...but it's only my secret wish, probably impossible to become true =/

I don't think anything's going to happen. Looks like it's just some band website and it has nothing to do with GD. (Except that Chris Dugan's going to mix one of their albums) :)

I don't think austrians have anything to do with green day.

^^

Hope it means something, otherwise we would be complete fools :lol: I wish it could be a new side project or something :ninja: But right now it doesn't seem probable

I wish it could be a new side project or something

if it is, i hope its pinhead gunpowder. i really want a new record from them so bad

Why was my post deleted? I explained everything now some idiot deleted it. Fuck you! -.-

if it is, i hope its pinhead gunpowder. i really want a new record from them so bad

Well, yeah. It can be. But I meant a new band :ninja: you know? :P

The video reminds of me of that video in The Ring - it has simular sound effects - fan-made or professional - to me, its pointless - but maybe thats the whole point.

PS: My inspiratonal mantra for today is:

Gleeber

Which is equally pointless

Why was my post deleted? I explained everything now some idiot deleted it. Fuck you! -.-

Because it contained people's personal info and addresses. I know it was only found elsewhere on the internet, but there's no need for it to be posted so publicly here so we decided to delete the post.

Because it contained people's personal info and addresses. I know it was only found elsewhere on the internet, but there's no need for it to be posted so publicly here so we decided to delete the post.

Domain informations are public to everyone?

Domain informations are public to everyone?

Yes but as I said we didn't think it was necessary for names and addresses to be posted here in this thread where they're more prominent than they are on a site where you search for domain information. So that's why we took the decision to remove it. Instead of posting "fuck you" you could've just PMed one of us to ask why it was removed btw.

• 1 month later...

Idk if it's a new one, but it really sounds like Green Day.

It kinda sounded a bit like the intro to Maria but it was definitely different. And definitely GD's style.

Well, this is exciting.

But it could be another's band project who also records at Jingletown...

Or it could be GD!

For me it sounded a bit like the beginning of American Idiot...but now we can for sure tell the video is from Jingletown...Green Day connection is very clear now :D

Archived