Timeline of when they started working on the trilogy

Punkfreak1414

What is the timeline that they started working on the trilogy? I hear they started 7 months after 21stbd was released and many other things. And what order do you think the songs were written in? Also when was greenday officially done making songs for the trilogy before they went in and recorded?

Well if I recall correctly, Billie wrote a lot of the Trilogy's songs during his time touring with American Idiot, I know definitely Fuck Time came from that time period because the cast would huddle and say "It's Fuck Time" before each show.

Wow, what's worthing such questions ? :D

I don't know when they started, youre talking about the writing or recording ? Some songs have been written even in the 21cb era, I remember that they played Drama Queen during the 21cb tour.

And I'm pretty sure they don't really know either !

BJ said in the Jeff Matika Show that the first song he wrote was Stay the Night, they started recording feb the 14th.

After, I don't know exaclty and I think you guys don't know more than me.

It'd have to be based on a lot of assumption and guessing, since Green Day themselves haven't kept a detailed log of the whole process, as far as we know.
Especially the writing process is hard to wrap your head around, because it's mostly done behind closed doors of either the band, or just Billie Joe.

It's only almost safe to say that Stay The Night was the first song written from the trilogy since it was the first song we heard all the way back in 2010, and Billie Joe himself has said it was the first he wrote. But I bet that the order in which he wrote the songs are blurry even to him, as they must overlap and get mixed up with 37+ songs written in that time-frame. On top of that put the fact that we do not have any insider knowledge except a few comments regarding their creative process, and you have yourself the quite impossible task of figuring out any sort of timeline of these songs. An who's to say they stopped writing when they started recording? Think "Murder City".

But songs we know were written early on: Stay The Night, Drama Queen & Fuck Time.

i think some may have in part been written around AI/ c & v as there is a school of thought that suggests that walk away is some form or another/ part of was on C&V

I know they recorded in studios while on the 21 CB tour. Here in Glasgow, in Stockholm and somewhere else I'm sure. Probably very basic demo versions of songs

i think some may have in part been written around AI/ c & v as there is a school of thought that suggests that walk away is some form or another/ part of was on C&V

I don't think so since Billie said Stay the Night was the first and C&V was in like 2003? It bothers me when people think that song is from C&V and like Clusterbomb was Letterbomb and stuff like that. No one knows...

This has probably been said many times before, but there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any song on the Trilogy was supposed to be on C and V.

This has probably been said many times before, but there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that any song on the Trilogy was supposed to be on C and V.

I'm pretty sure the band straight up said that Walk Away was supposed to be. I don't have any links though, so I dunno.

I'm pretty sure the band straight up said that Walk Away was supposed to be. I don't have any links though, so I dunno.

I'm pretty sure people just noticed there was a Walk Away on the tracklisting to C/V, they never confirmed or denied it.

I don't think so since Billie said Stay the Night was the first and C&V was in like 2003? It bothers me when people think that song is from C&V and like Clusterbomb was Letterbomb and stuff like that. No one knows...

Clusterbomb was Letterbomb. mlsc34.jpg

I didn't even know that omg

No Mike said in 2009/2010 some titles that were meant for C&V and one included a song called Walk Away

We have no real evidence the one on the trilogy is the same as the one on C&V as a lot of artists have wrote songs with the sake title (I.e. Nirvana has two totally different songs called Verse Chorus Verse...)

No Mike said in 2009/2010 some titles that were meant for C&V and one included a song called Walk Away

We have no real evidence the one on the trilogy is the same as the one on C&V as a lot of artists have wrote songs with the sake title (I.e. Nirvana has two totally different songs called Verse Chorus Verse...)

S'what I meant, true. We can assume that the Walk Away we know was relatively similar in some vein to the C&V one, which is as close as we'll ever get to knowing.

S'what I meant, true. We can assume that the Walk Away we know was relatively similar in some vein to the C&V one, which is as close as we'll ever get to knowing.

If someone met Billie and asked him that I'm sure he'd say yes or no

If someone met Billie and asked him that I'm sure he'd say yes or no

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give a fuck and would probably say something like "eh it's kinda the same, kinda different, ehhhhhhh"

I remember reading an interview with billie-joe saying when he was in the musical he would go for a walk buy a coffee and then write a song and then he went to the studio and he had like 30 songs and started to arrange them. Pretty sure it was an interview about the trilogy but I am not certain.

Drama Queen was also played in 2010 at Madison Square Garden. So Stay the Night and Drama Queen are the first ones we heard.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give a fuck and would probably say something like "eh it's kinda the same, kinda different, ehhhhhhh"

Exactly what I was thinking, I can imagine him saying that so well...

Drama Queen was also played in 2010 at Madison Square Garden. So Stay the Night and Drama Queen are the first ones we heard.

Drama Queen was also recorded for 21st Breakdown but was replaced at last minute by Murder City

Drama Queen was also recorded for 21st Breakdown but was replaced at last minute by Murder City

So is Drama Queen the earliest song we have proof on? Or is there something else?

Archived