What kind of content should GDA focus on

Fuzz

I voted for quizzes :) if you mean a quiz/ riddle like GDA had a while ago, the "Hollywood is dead and gone" one. I really loved that riddle, it was so much fun :D But I'd like an emphasis on contests and fan-made stuff as well :) musical covers & fan art, you know.

I really loved that riddle thing GDA did a while back and I know I'm not the only one.

Little interactive stuff like that is very fun.

This :wub:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Editorials, definitely. They're always very interesting. I'd even be up for writing a few myself if they'd be accepted. I actually did one a while back for uni discussing their influences, it was quite in depth.

Also, how about user submitted reviews? I know it'd rely on people bothering to participate, but if they did it could be really interesting.

Also, I know it'd probably be a massive job, but I'd like a more organised and in depth photo section, if possible.

I loved the riddle contest too! It was so much fun and I think the best contest on GDA ever, because it didn't take any particular talent, it was more accessible to everyone but still very challenging!

BTW Andres, I'm still waiting for the vinyl to arrive... :whistle

The tab section actually isn't old, but I'd love for that to be updated.

Oh yes, I know it's not... But that's what I immediately thought about because my sister was looking for tabs and said there were only iUno! songs available. And well, in the future that section will be older than it is now so. :lol:

Yeah it's been a long time. Definitely do need some new stuff.

What every happened to the "What the fuck does 'ok' stand for?" sticker? I loved that idea and would happily buy one.

Editorials and Contests! I love reading peoples love for Green Day and everyone love a contest!

What every happened to the "What the fuck does 'ok' stand for?" sticker? I loved that idea and would happily buy one.

And the "hello stranger I'm a disaster" shirt! I'd buy one for sure!

• 4 months later...

Writing and producing more songs. I know it sounds obvious, but new material is essential, plus I'd love to hear something new.

Writing and producing more songs. I know it sounds obvious, but new material is essential, plus I'd love to hear something new.

It says GDA (as in the website), not Green Day :P

I voted for editorials, but I think the idea of updating/reminding people of older content, especially in these anniversary years, isn't a bad idea either, in a "Come see what people thought back in the day!" kind of way. It's only a shame we don't have access to the board posts from more than a few years ago!

I voted for editorials, but I think the idea of updating/reminding people of older content, especially in these anniversary years, isn't a bad idea either, in a "Come see what people thought back in the day!" kind of way. It's only a shame we don't have access to the board posts from more than a few years ago!

Here's one of the pages from almost 10 years ago to the day, https://web.archive.org/web/20040208041954/http://www.greendayauthority.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=32b269fad0216093a564dd6329d63923;act=SF;f=1

You can also see how excited we all were for AI, https://web.archive.org/web/20040524120912/http://www.greendayauthority.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=ca582a230158006d18688b33cd2f87f0;act=ST;f=1;t=663

It's like looking at an old person sitting in a rocking chair.

It's like looking at an old person sitting in a rocking chair.

That's what this place will do to you.

Archived