What kind of content should GDA focus on

Fuzz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of editorials but if I could I'd have also voted for covers. There is a big wide world of Green Day fans out there and a lot of creative stuff. :) I've never been a fan of competitions but mainly because I never have the creative talent to compete in whatever is required.

I was going to be a smartarse when I first saw the title but once I read the first post, it wouldn't of made any sense. Anyway, I think it should be focusing on Editorials and contests, but also a bit of everything

Focus on them all. It might get boring to repeatedly post editorials or quizzes if there isn't any news to focus on. Doing a little bit of each suggestion will keep things fresh and exciting.

We definitely will. I'm using this as a sort of guide on stuff that people really want, stuff we need to emphasize, but we'll definitely be doing it all.

Stuff people can participate in, also more advertisements for merch and stuff.

I'd love to, but I can't say most people are clamoring for us to push more merch.

Nah I must admit that although making a bit of money is necessary and helpful I've never been a big fan of the stickers, wristbands etc. If they sell then continue, just my two cents worth!

I'd love to, but I can't say most people are clamoring for us to push more merch.

because the old merch is old? What happened after the last time you brought something brand new in?

because the old merch is old? What happened after the last time you brought something brand new in?

Yeah it's been a long time. Definitely do need some new stuff.

I voted for updating old content (for example the tabs and lyrics sections) but I wanted to vote for quizzes, editorials and contests too. :P

I voted contests for the same reason. People love them, even when they wouldn't normally visit somewhere they do for a contest. Participating is fun too.

I voted editorials because I know I would stop and actually read them. But contests and quizzes might peak my interest a bit more to search around the site if either had questions and you needed to search through to find the answers.

But honestly, I really like when the photos get updated. It's why I started going to GDA and it's one of the main reasons I keep going back.

I really loved that riddle thing GDA did a while back and I know I'm not the only one. Maybe it'd be a bit redudant to do riddles again, but I guess that falls in the category of quizzes. Little interactive stuff like that is very fun.

Everything is a good idea though, it's definitely smart to throw in a bunch of it (like I know you guys are gonna do).

While updating old content is important, and maybe could be something going on in the background, is it really gonna draw new visitors to the site? Probably not. But definitely something to get people involved. How about that cover a song thing you started a year or two back? Where you chose a song and we accept and vote on recordings for the drum parts, bass parts, guitar parts and vocal parts of the song and it all gets mixed together and put up for download. I liked the idea last time and it is a community-orientated project which could work well.

Archived