Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What kind of content should GDA focus on

49 posts in this topic

Posted

With Green Day staying mostly out of the public eye for the next few months, I'm wanting some input from you guys on the stuff GDA focuses on during that time.

Vote here: https://polldaddy.com/poll/7418218/

Let me know your thoughts on your vote.

Posted

I voted for Editorials :) I really love reading them and they are pretty informative and exciting :)

Posted

yay voted

Posted

I voted for editorials, but i'd also vote for quizzes too. They're fun.

Posted

Editorials are definitely my favourite. Quizzes and polls are cool as well.

Posted

If you're wanting to draw in new traffic I'd say focus on contests. Since Green Day isn't doing anything new and exciting to draw visitors to the site, contests might make up some of the slack. Editorials could also help in that department.

Posted

I like the idea of editorials but if I could I'd have also voted for covers. There is a big wide world of Green Day fans out there and a lot of creative stuff. :) I've never been a fan of competitions but mainly because I never have the creative talent to compete in whatever is required.

Posted

I was going to be a smartarse when I first saw the title but once I read the first post, it wouldn't of made any sense. Anyway, I think it should be focusing on Editorials and contests, but also a bit of everything

Posted

Focus on them all. It might get boring to repeatedly post editorials or quizzes if there isn't any news to focus on. Doing a little bit of each suggestion will keep things fresh and exciting.

2 people like this

Posted

Focus on them all. It might get boring to repeatedly post editorials or quizzes if there isn't any news to focus on. Doing a little bit of each suggestion will keep things fresh and exciting.

We definitely will. I'm using this as a sort of guide on stuff that people really want, stuff we need to emphasize, but we'll definitely be doing it all.

Posted

Stuff people can participate in, also more advertisements for merch and stuff.

1 person likes this

Posted

We definitely will. I'm using this as a sort of guide on stuff that people really want, stuff we need to emphasize, but we'll definitely be doing it all.

In that case, quizzes and editorials. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Stuff people can participate in, also more advertisements for merch and stuff.

I'd love to, but I can't say most people are clamoring for us to push more merch.

Posted

Nah I must admit that although making a bit of money is necessary and helpful I've never been a big fan of the stickers, wristbands etc. If they sell then continue, just my two cents worth!

Posted

I'd love to, but I can't say most people are clamoring for us to push more merch.

because the old merch is old? What happened after the last time you brought something brand new in?

Posted

because the old merch is old? What happened after the last time you brought something brand new in?

Yeah it's been a long time. Definitely do need some new stuff.

Posted

I voted for updating old content (for example the tabs and lyrics sections) but I wanted to vote for quizzes, editorials and contests too. :P

Posted

I voted for contests.

I like free shit.

:cool:

2 people like this

Posted

i voted for contests because i feel like that's probably the best way to get more people to visit the site, but editorials and quizzes would be great too!

Posted

I voted contests for the same reason. People love them, even when they wouldn't normally visit somewhere they do for a contest. Participating is fun too.

Posted

I voted editorials because I know I would stop and actually read them. But contests and quizzes might peak my interest a bit more to search around the site if either had questions and you needed to search through to find the answers.

But honestly, I really like when the photos get updated. It's why I started going to GDA and it's one of the main reasons I keep going back.

2 people like this

Posted

Sexy content.

Posted

contests! I love them :) even if I never win something :(:D

Posted

I really loved that riddle thing GDA did a while back and I know I'm not the only one. Maybe it'd be a bit redudant to do riddles again, but I guess that falls in the category of quizzes. Little interactive stuff like that is very fun.

Everything is a good idea though, it's definitely smart to throw in a bunch of it (like I know you guys are gonna do).

1 person likes this

Posted

Please mp3 for the phone messages ! I never heard all of them