Billie Joe filming movie in New York - Like Sunday Like Rain

desertrose

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's in two scenes?? aww, I was hoping he'd get a bit more screen time, oh well

looks pretty sad, two hours of sappy boredom actually (in my opinion), I was excited at first but now I wonder if I'd actually ever get to watching it for the Billie parts (hehe).

I still haven't watched This Is 40 for that mater, and I wonder if I ever will :lol:

maybe I will, it's just so funny watching him try to play such a dick character (btw he acts pretty well in here :o )

I thought he was fine for what they showed. I remember when it was first appearing in a bunch of film fests, most of Billie's reviews were positive. My favorite was the one that said he was good, but he played a poor, greasy, musician. So all he really had to do was act poor. They really could have gotten his name right for the trailer. I guess since he appears in so much of the trailer, they have an idea who is going to be bringing people to the theater.

I still haven't watched This Is 40 for that mater, and I wonder if I ever will :lol:

You should look up the deleted scene for This is 40. It is hysterical. Plus, in the actual film, I think he said: "Shut the fuck up Tom Selleck" quite well.

You should look up the deleted scene for This is 40. It is hysterical. Plus, in the actual film, I think he said: "Shut the fuck up Tom Selleck" quite well.

haha yeah I saw that :lol: it's great. guess I'll settle for that instead of watching the whole movie (which probably won't make me laugh as much)

Well, seems like Billie got a name change. The "from Green Day" part was worse than the fact they wrote Billy :lol: :lol:

Also seems like he still can't act :ninja:

The movie itself sounds kinda fun though :)

Well, seems like Billie got a name change. The "from Green Day" part was worse than the fact they wrote Billy :lol: :lol:

I thought that, oh my God :lol: whoever they hired to do the design and stuff like this needs some serious training.

I didn't think he was that bad though, the first scene wasn't great but the others were alright.

Also seems like he still can't act :ninja:

The movie itself sounds kinda fun though :)

Maybe he legally changed his name to "From Green Day". You know because no one knows who he is. :)

I actually thought he was pretty good. The character was supposed to be really over the top and annoying.

Dunno, I thought it looked really acted. Like you could see he was trying really hard to act.

Probably doesn't help that I'm used to seeing him as a performer or himself as opposed to an actor, but still. :P

I didn't think it was too bad, it's awkward because they're scenes that would normally never make a trailer and are only in it because of who he is. But honestly I was quite impressed

Soooo, when did Billie legally change his name to BILLY JOE FROM GREEN DAY and why wasn't that on the front page of GDA? O___o

Soooo, when did Billie legally change his name to BILLY JOE FROM GREEN DAY and why wasn't that on the front page of GDA? O___o

Oh don't worry. In my post about the trailer, I point out the mistake.

Pretty embarrassing for the people working on the movie to misspell one of the actor's names.

Oh don't worry. In my post about the trailer, I point out the mistake.

Pretty embarrassing for the people working on the movie to misspell one of the actor's names.

Sorry if my sense of humour confused you, didn't mean to actually criticise you or any of the news writers. Was just poking fun at those people you mention in the second paragraph. ;) Hope I didn't upset you.

Sorry if my sense of humour confused you, didn't mean to actually criticise you or any of the news writers. Was just poking fun at those people you mention in the second paragraph. ;) Hope I didn't upset you.

Oh, I know you were being humorous and were poking fun. I found it pretty funny :)

Exactly, it's just unprofessional :dry:

But trailer is ok... And Billie looks so much younger :lol:

He doesn't seem as 'shitty' as I thought after hearing that from him...

So cute :wub: (although, you know... a bit violent?) Or impulsive.

Ah, not bad for a beginner, I think. I mean... he´s not a skilled actor. And the director did good to make it a short appearance. Acting is an art, and maybe BJ just needs someone to show him how to use the tools even better. I´m fine with his performance.

But, yeah, "Billy Joe from Green Day" is a shame... It´s like "sorry, that wasn´t impressing"...

I don't think he was that bad to be honest acting wise. I know he's not that skilled as an actor as he is for a musician but, I thought it was pretty decent.

I still want to see the film whenever it does come out because not only for Billy's Billie's scenes but because the movie overall looks good.

Based on the trailer I would see the movie - not because of billy/billie - it looks like a good story.

The film (judging from trailer) just looks too amateur work just a tad above YouTube status...

Archived