Billie Joe filming movie in New York - Like Sunday Like Rain

desertrose

Eh, sorry, not my type of movie. I won't even watch it for the Billie parts. :P

That sounded weird. :P

Looking forward to this.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's Central Park, unless the movie's not as low budget as it seems. It tends to be harder for a low budget film to get permits for well known places in the city, unless they're going the guerilla way, but it doesn't seem so. I'm assuming from this that it might be a park in Brooklyn:

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2013/09/17/leighton-meester-filming-like-sunday-like-rain-in-new-york-city/#more-48682

I don't know, sounds like it could possibly be an interesting movie. I'll watch it anyway just for Billie either way, though. Why does everyone think his acting sucks! :mad: No, he's not Academy Award material, but he's not a bad actor. He's better on stage for sure, doing something live like St. Jimmy, but his movie/TV show appearances are not complete trash like everyone seems to be saying.

Everyone thinks his acting sucks ---> He's probably a shitty actor

He's a great frontman, and he's great live, but he's awkward as fuck in front of a camera, and boy does it show. Nothing about his performances seem natural, he just looks nervous as all hell the whole time. Stick to the music Billie.

I was actually surprised by Mike and Tré in that Chris Isaak clip. They appear much more comfortable with that sort of thing than Billie, surprisingly enough.

I'm gonna watch it for the Billie parts for sure :eyebrows::P on youtube
*excited*

@DebraMessing: "Me & Billie Joe Armstong playing on set! #likesundaylikerain #GreenDay #coolcast http://say.ly/kUd6L7Y"

Awesome :wub:

I don't think his acting sucks. Your argument is invalid :rolleyes:

I don't think he's really bad, but it's just not his job, so it's sure that he can't play perfectly... after, it depends of what kind of role he'll have to play of course...

*fangirl moment*

dammmn he will kiss someone else than his wife !!!! :D

Anyway you are knowledgeable on this forum ! That's great !

the boyfriend!!!!!!! :runaround:

I don't think he's really bad, but it's just not his job, so it's sure that he can't play perfectly... after, it depends of what kind of role he'll have to play of course...

*fangirl moment*

dammmn he will kiss someone else than his wife !!!! :D

Anyway you are knowledgeable on this forum ! That's great !

ahahahhaha this! i'm so curious to watch it! :P

imagine if there will be some hot scenes :creep:

but I'don't think so.... :lol:

cannot stick leighton whatserface but HOLY FUCK i will watch the fuck out of this. fingers crossed for a big part in this film for our boy :happy:

OMFG WAIT SO BILLIE IS PLAYING LEIGHTONS BOYFRIEND HE'S LIKE TWICE HER AGE HOLY SHIT

OMFG WAIT SO BILLIE IS PLAYING LEIGHTONS BOYFRIEND HE'S LIKE TWICE HER AGE HOLY SHIT

Exactly my thought :lol:

So there's still hope for me to find sexy rockman in middle age :whistle

Storyline seems to be boring, but I'm very curious about Billie's role.

i have faith in him.

y'know justin timberlake wasn't the best actor in his first few films and check him out now.

i think he can do it. he got this. lol

i have faith in him.

y'know justin timberlake wasn't the best actor in his first few films and check him out now.

i think he can do it. he got this. lol

Justin started off as an actor tho on the mickey mouse club

I can't even think about the fact that he might be filming in Brooklyn right now and I could just take a walk by the park and maybe be one of the people to bump into him. Just have to put it out of my mind completely.

I feel like punching something :(

Well at least he's not playing himself.

Idk guys. I feel like he thinks he's a disney star who's discontent with just singing so now he's acting.

I think he's being smart and getting some acting experience before they film the American Idiot movie. He wants to do it justice and the only way to become a better actor is to practice and get some filmmaking experience. He's truly a film acting virgin despite his cameos and this actually sounds like a supporting role with some meat to it considering news outlets have been reporting on him being one of the primary actors in the film. He won't be the star of it but he'll have multiple scenes that might actually be meaningful.

The role of the boyfriend... I would not be surprise if Billie was cast for this role because of his beautiful physical apparence and not for his acting skill.

The role of the boyfriend... I would not be surprise if Billie was cast for this role because of his beautiful physical apparence and not for his acting skill.

Or mostly because he has the same talent agent as all the other actors in the film. It was probably more like a union deal :P

Not to mention that the boyfriend is probably also a "musician" like the girlfriend is.

I fucking knew it! :D When I read that little part about the story "who is having problems with her boyfriend" I was thinking in my head "No, Billie... NO, Billieeee!!!" And now BAM! He'd play the cutest boyfriend ever (in MY opinion, of course) -or just one of the cutest- :whistle

Anyway, what a lucky bitch, huh? I wanna see this movie. It won't make it 'til the theater, but I'll watch it somehow... ¡This is so exciting!

:runaround:

He's a great frontman, and he's great live, but he's awkward as fuck in front of a camera, and boy does it show. Nothing about his performances seem natural, he just looks nervous as all hell the whole time. Stick to the music Billie.

I was actually surprised by Mike and Tré in that Chris Isaak clip. They appear much more comfortable with that sort of thing than Billie, surprisingly enough.

FYI I didn't say he was a great actor. Just okay. But there is something I can speak to that you can't here. I'm willing to bet you didn't get the opportunity to see him play St. Jimmy live in the American Idiot musical when it was on Broadway. I did and he was phenomenal. He's not always good, no. But when he is playing the right character, St. Jimmy for instance who is basically a part of him, he nails it. I also pointed out that I thought he was much better in a live performance setting, which American Idiot was. In my opinion, he isn't a shit actor. I've seen plenty of other actors who are far worse, but as I said before, I wouldn't give him any awards for his acting skills. They're mediocre and nothing more or less.

Exactly what I thought.

I'm gonna watch it for the Billie parts for sure :eyebrows::P on youtube

*excited*

I left the bait for you and you bit it. SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRR. :P

She also tweeted this:

"@sabrinabmachado: Seeking the biggest Billie Joe Armstrong fan.... for a special gift #greenday"

So go and ask her what it is. I want to know what it is.

You can ask that, too. You can get away with it, some of us can't because reputation. :P

Ugh you wouldn't say "eww he's white and she's black" so don't say "eww he's old enough to be her dad". Not difficult. Ageism isn't cool and mods should be stopping it.

Anyway aw I really don't think he's such a bad actor :lol: not the best by any means but people are too hard on him sometimes. Not sure if this is something I'd enjoy but I'm sure I'll end up watching it for Billie, haha.

Archived