Billie Joe filming movie in New York - Like Sunday Like Rain

desertrose

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! I hope Billie plays a role in the movie, maybe he's the girls dad? Either way sounds cool :)

7/10, decent trolling attempt. Some potential here.

Sweet! I hope Billie plays a role in the movie, maybe he's the girls dad? Either way sounds cool :)

He is in it! He plays her boyfriend :P

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to cry when I heard about this project. I just thought it was Leighton's movie, and I didn't know Billie was in it until the day it wrapped.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Whaley’s ‘Like Sunday, Like Rain’ Acquired By Monterey Media

Monterey Media has acquired U.S. rights to Like Sunday, Like Rain, the indie drama written and directed by Frank Whaley and starring Leighton Meester and Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong. The pic is coming off its premiere at the Raindance Film Festival. An early 2015 theatrical release is planned.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/like-sunday-like-rain-leighton-meester-release-date-monterey-media-853757/

• 2 weeks later...

Do they have a high school photoshop intern doing their movie posters? WTF? I have zero skills on MS Paint and I feel like I could throw something better together.

I think they picked the shittiest picture of every actor in the production for the poster.

Yeah, that was most likely the goal. :P

LOL check out this line from the one user review of the movie on IMDb:

"We weren't very impressed with Billie Joe Armstrong's performance as Dennis, Eleanor's boyfriend. His style was pretty over-the-top and childlike, very 'acty' [sic], not terribly believable."

They rated the film overall 9/10, but in the breakdown of their rating, they gave the acting 9/10 and said it would've been 10/10 if it wasn't for Billie Joe. Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, looks like there was another one that also said: "The only character I didn't like was the rocker boyfriend and it seemed like that storyline got dropped like a lead weight."

"We weren't very impressed with Billie Joe Armstrong's performance as Dennis, Eleanor's boyfriend. His style was pretty over-the-top and childlike, very 'acty' [sic], not terribly believable."

They rated the film overall 9/10, but in the breakdown of their rating, they gave the acting 9/10 and said it would've been 10/10 if it wasn't for Billie Joe. Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, looks like there was another one that also said: "The only character I didn't like was the rocker boyfriend and it seemed like that storyline got dropped like a lead weight."

Sadly this is believable.

As long as I don't have to cringe the *whole* time he's acting, I want to see his parts :lol:

I have higher hopes for Geezer since it's more of a real character to him.... the only thing worse than monotone underacting is *overacting*.

NEW TRAILER FROM MOVIE

What you see of Billie Joe is pretty much all of what you see him in the movie. He was in less than 10 minutes of the whole movie. Just the part in the restaurant and then again in the street. Maybe one more scene of him in the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3CKpRU303o

NEW TRAILER FROM MOVIE

What you see of Billie Joe is pretty much all of what you see him in the movie. He was in less than 10 minutes of the whole movie. Just the part in the restaurant and then again in the street. Maybe one more scene of him in the park.

You know what, except for the first little bit when he was yelling in the coffee shop, I don't think BILLIE was all that bad from what I saw in the trailer. Right on

NEW TRAILER FROM MOVIE

Oh my god :woot::lol:

Luckily for me whether he's good or bad makes no difference to how much I enjoy watching him act :lol:. To be honest from that trailer quite a lot of the acting/characters seem to be like that though, seems quite cheesy and doesn't look like a great film overall to me. Billie doesn't stand out as being particularly bad there.

^ They wrote BILLY Joe from Green Day :dry:

I lol'd, at the "Billy" and at the "from Green Day"

Archived