Billie Joe filming movie in New York - Like Sunday Like Rain

desertrose

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOooooh at least we're getting something :happy: seems like the movie could be pretty cool. I've only seen a bit of Billie's acting in Nurse Jackie and some old ghost show, but I think he's alright. Better than some actors on TV :P

Oh my God, do you realise how beautiful Billie Joe is in that picture?? :wub::happy:

I wanna know more of this Dennis guy... :eyebrows: This is exciting and interesting!! :dance:

It's great we always have someone who finds these great news, since he doesn't seem to want to share it with us... :whistle

OOooooh at least we're getting something :happy: seems like the movie could be pretty cool. I've only seen a bit of Billie's acting in Nurse Jackie and some old ghost show, but I think he's alright. Better than some actors on TV :P

Because you didn't mention it there's a chance you haven't seen the best clip of Billie acting of all, which means I have to post it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djtvbEiYLwY

As I said, the most entertaining thing ever :lol:

I can't wait to see what he'll be doing (will he appear as himself? I think that's most likely). Either way I'm curious! It's always good to see Billie acting, I agree! :lol:

I can't wait to see what he'll be doing (will he appear as himself? I think that's most likely). Either way I'm curious! It's always good to see Billie acting, I agree! :lol:

It's quite possible he'll apear as himself, because on the list we've got ( who plays who ), there's his name, without the name of the person he'll play, so...Billie Joe playing...Billie Joe! :happy:

Awesome! Maybe Billie is seeing this as an opportunity to practice for the American Idiot movie :happy:

I thought I saw on Tumblr or something he's playing "Dennis."

I was just telling my mom how I think Billie is working hard to improve his acting abilities from "horrendous" to "almost tolerable", sometimes even reaching low mediocrity :P

American Idiot and maybe some other crazy musicals are the only roles I can see him succeeding in lead-wise. I'm OK with him attempting small low-profile roles as practice, but at the same time it's not really good practice because 2 or 3 days spent on a movie shoot doesn't give you the proper experience in creating and embodying a character. Maybe he's just going for muscle memory when it comes to acting skills and not really focusing on the emotional aspects yet. I definitely think he's doing this as prep work, though.

Also, I was kinda like "Oh shit" seeing that he's in New York on the anniversary of his father's death and given his history of self destruction in NYC (Irving Plaza was a year ago today). I know he's a big boy and working hard, I just thought he'd be laying low in Oakland this month.

I thought I saw on Tumblr or something he's playing "Dennis."

I was just telling my mom how I think Billie is working hard to improve his acting abilities from "horrendous" to "almost tolerable", sometimes even reaching low mediocrity :P

American Idiot and maybe some other crazy musicals are the only roles I can see him succeeding in lead-wise. I'm OK with him attempting small low-profile roles as practice, but at the same time it's not really good practice because 2 or 3 days spent on a movie shoot doesn't give you the proper experience in creating and embodying a character. Maybe he's just going for muscle memory when it comes to acting skills and not really focusing on the emotional aspects yet. I definitely think he's doing this as prep work, though.

Also, I was kinda like "Oh shit" seeing that he's in New York on the anniversary of his father's death and given his history of self destruction in NYC (Irving Plaza was a year ago today). I know he's a big boy and working hard, I just thought he'd be laying low in Oakland this month.

Apparently he's in Long Island City.

Because you didn't mention it there's a chance you haven't seen the best clip of Billie acting of all, which means I have to post it:

As I said, the most entertaining thing ever :lol:

Oh my god at first I was like "They look like lovers singing a duet" :lol: That whole clip is so precious. I've never seen it before, and Mike and Tre are in it too! What kind of show is that? They weren't even playing characters, the family was just *casually friends with Green Day* ahhaa. And hearing Tre say "We have to play outside" oh my god he sounded like a little kid! I think Billie's alright at acting. His little toothy grin is lovely :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Billie's acting can't be THAT bad....can it? :ermm:

I think he has the potential to be good, he just half-asses most of his roles and doesn't take them seriously. When he was in AI as St. Jimmy, he always went out of character for a quick laugh.

Why'd you quote me to tell me that? lol LIC is still New York City.

It was an accident, I'm on my phone

And I know I just thought it'd be interesting to post, I wasn't sure if they've been switching locations or something

I'm very interested in this. The plot sounds good, and Billie isn't THAT bad of an actor...I think most Green Day fans just can't take him seriously in the situations he plays in.

OH MY GOD!!! :woot::runaround:

Of course i'm gonna watch this, Billie Joe in a movie is one of the best things ever!!! :dance: I really loved his acting in Nurse Jackie, so i can't wait to see this!

Archived