Billie Joe filming movie in New York - Like Sunday Like Rain

desertrose

LOL sounds like he played himself for a scene, and did it well :lol:

Sounds like most of what he filmed was cut and they only gave him a very small part. Probably perfect for his acting skills. :P

But glad the film is getting good reviews from those that have seen it.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like most of what he filmed was cut and they only gave him a very small part. Probably perfect for his acting skills. :P

As long as they cut his part because it was irrelevant and not because his performance was so unusable... cuz that's awkward

As long as they cut his part because it was irrelevant and not because his performance was so unusable... cuz that's awkward

We may never know for sure. Well, until his next acting gig!!

I feared/expected that would happen lol. Bit of a shame considering he's second billing on the poster, but still glad people liked him in it and interested to see it!

There was nothing in the tweet to say that his scenes were cut. She was saying that he was "cut out" for the role - in that he was perfect for it given his background. I think we already knew it was going to be a smallish role from the plot and character descriptions- the second billing is due to the fact his fame will encourage people to go and see it.

I don't think that the tweet meant that the scenes were cut like the deleted scene from 'This is 40'

Can we get a damn trailer already?

Right? It's being screened.... trailers are easy....

Of course, we'd be lucky if BJ has one line in the trailer :lol:

Hey guys, did you hear!? We are giving away 2 tickets to our special screening of Like Sunday, Like Rain at MVFF on Oct 6, w/ party to follow at Tiburon Tavern ! ! Film stars Leighton Meester, Billie Joe Armstrong and director Frank Whaley in person! It's going to be an amazing night! Enter to win tix here c/o Umbel !!! http://bit.ly/ZoaRYs

Raindance Film Festival – Review – Like Sunday, Like Rain –

Kudos for director Whaley for his casting choices and direction, that even manages to take a performance out of Billie Joe, which also feels scarily well fitted to the part of struggling alcoholic musician.

http://critics-associated.com/reviews/raindance-film-festival-review-like-sunday-like-rain-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85/

Raindance Film Festival Review Like Sunday, Like Rain

Kudos for director Whaley for his casting choices and direction, that even manages to take a performance out of Billie Joe, which also feels scarily well fitted to the part of struggling alcoholic musician.

http://critics-associated.com/reviews/raindance-film-festival-review-like-sunday-like-rain-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85/

I just don't like how they put that "scarily well fitted to the part of struggling alcoholic musician."

I just don't like how they put that "scarily well fitted to the part of struggling alcoholic musician."

I don't like the "actually managed" to get Billie Joe to act :lol: It's all condescending even though it's exactly what I would say.

As for the cutting part was it ever confirmed Billie had a huge role in it?

Not really, but from the poster/billing and description it sounded like it could've been reasonably big. Guess we don't know if that was just down to him being who he is or if it was actually bigger though.

Not really, but from the poster/billing and description it sounded like it could've been reasonably big. Guess we don't know if that was just down to him being who he is or if it was actually bigger though.

I think his name is named on the poster cause he is a known celebrity

I'll go and watch it when it comes out

I think his name is named on the poster cause he is a known celebrity

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a PR move and tbh I didn't expected him to have huge role.

Do you think it's gonna be released on dvd or something?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a PR move and tbh I didn't expected him to have huge role.

Do you think it's gonna be released on dvd or something?

I'm sure it will one of the purposes of making movies is to make money and doing festivals and small theater runs isn't the route to go for that so an dvd/blu ray and a digital release will be it

I'm thinking as soon as it gets a release date after the festival rounds it will probably be on vod as most indie releases are (that is if it stays indie a major could always pick it up)

RAINDANCE DAY 4 | Like Sunday, like Rain.

(did I mention that Billie Joe Armstrong is very good? No? Well some of his scenes brought many laughs from the audience

...pretty ambiguous... :cool:

Yeah, do they mean because his character was funny or because his acting was laughable? (Because the latter is more believable, sadly....)

RAINDANCE DAY 4 | Like Sunday, like Rain.

(did I mention that Billie Joe Armstrong is very good? No? Well some of his scenes brought many laughs from the audience

http://thetrashbash.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/raindance-day-4-like-sunday-like-rain/

I'd like to believe that's because he's a funny character :lol: He's actually a funny person with sense of humor, so... Looking forward to see him :wub:

Eleanor never gets back with her idiotic boyfriend (did I mention that Billie Joe Armstrong is very good? No? Well some of his scenes brought many laughs from the audience)

Well he says 'idiotic boyfriend' so I hope that it's supposed to be funny

I'm new here, but I am actually surprised that people think Billie wouldn't be good at acting. He's basically been doing it for 20+ years. You cannot be a great frontman without having some acting ability. Alot of the great frontman have acted a bit, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Roger Daltrey, all with some success. Plus, he has alot of what Hollywood looks for. He is talented, charismatic and he has "the face". Plus, he is polarizing. You either love him or hate him. People that love him will go see anything he is in and people that hate him will go to see him fuck it up.

He hasn't reallly done much to really compare. He was OK in Nurse Jackie, at best, he was good in This is 40, but he was playing himself. He was very good in Haunted, which makes me think he can do comedy. He was absolutely amazing as St. Jimmy. I know he created the character and it is semi-autobiographical, but still does not mean he can pulll it off the way he did.

I always thought acting was a natural transition for him. I guess that is why he originally got the role in Empire Records. He's already a better actor than Mark Wahlberg and he was nominated for two oscars.

I took the line about the audience laughing at his scenses as a positive. I think his character is the comic relief of the film. The film is getting very good reviews and they are saying that the acting and casting was superb. Critics are not shy. If he sucked they would say that he was the only weak link in the film and they are not. My guess is he is very good in it.

Welcome!

Everybody can act, but this doesn´t make everybody an actor. Hopping along as a frontman and making jokes and faces doesn´t actually make an actor. What I saw of him so far in different productions was quite good for me on an amateur level (and I know some amateurs on stage who really have talents, but you can still tell they aren´t skilled actors). So I assume he´s got some developable potential why directors chose him. And not just a face or a name.

Archived