Billie Joe filming movie in New York - Like Sunday Like Rain

desertrose

If they go to the festival route theres a good chance a studio could buy it like a Searchlight or a Weinstein Company or LionsGate etc as they always have reps scouting festivals studios will usually bid on all the movies

If they do the festivals and still get passed over it may not be that good

Yeah it seems stupid NOW but then you gotta look at it as in the 1940's I doubt many of them would be going "man 40 years from now they will have the movies on a little plastic disc and the tvs will be in color and flat as a piece of paper" plus the costs of making duplicates just for the hell of it would be high so its just sucks

Id take twice upon a time on laserdisc any day hell any movie as laserdiscs was the best format for home viewing the public will get as its the only format that had ZERO compression on video or audio

There were a few visionaries back then who thought that films should be saved for posterity. Of course, they were a minority. There were individual performers who made sure to save their work, though (I think Harold Lloyd was one of them, although even some of his stuff is lost). And, let's face it, we're probably gonna go see Like Sunday, Like Rain even if it sucks.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me sad when I hear of movies being destroyed and lost forever. Luckily, fan communities do their best to keep things alive. Star Wars Holiday Special anyone?

It sounds like the sort of movie to make the rounds at film festivals, and maybe play at art theaters (of which there are several kinda-sorta near me - I took the Metro down to D.C. to see Killer Joe when it was out in theaters [on a related note: please don't start a riot about the Oscars]). I'm not even sure if you'll be able to buy a DVD through Amazon (although DVDs of the film will probably be pressed, at least to be sold through the film's official site, if there is one). Then again, Escape from Tomorrow (the film that was secretly shot at Walt Disney World) is getting a DVD release, and IS getting sold through Amazon and even Barnes & Noble, so there's hope for this one!

Oooh, I hope they have it down in Tempe at the saem place I saw Broadway Idiot. That was amazing!

Oooh, I hope they have it down in Tempe at the saem place I saw Broadway Idiot. That was amazing!

That is a great theater to see movies in. I saw Broadway Idiot and CBGB there in October.

That is a great theater to see movies in. I saw Broadway Idiot and CBGB there in October.

You've been out here? And yes it's so gorgeous!!!

You've been out here? And yes it's so gorgeous!!!

Yeah, I saw it at Valley Art on Mill Street

I realized that there will may be sex scenes and :mellow:

:wacko:

Lol it would be super awkward..but I don't think he did sex scenes..maybe some kisses yeah..

I wouldn't expect anything that involves him getting his shirt off unless they want to go the route of painstakingly digitally removing all his tattoos!

I wouldn't expect anything that involves him getting his shirt off unless they want to go the route of painstakingly digitally removing all his tattoos!

There's also body makeup that does that.

Lol it would be super awkward..but I don't think he did sex scenes..maybe some kisses yeah..

OH GOD I HOPE NOT.

There's also body makeup that does that.

Would it look that realistic though? Because that would be quite interesting to see haha

Yeah the tattoos..imagine a sex scene where you can see also the "Adrienne" tattoo lol. Nah. It won't happen imo :P

Would it look that realistic though? Because that would be quite interesting to see haha

I think so. I just saw Christina Perri's new video and all her tats are covered and you can't tell unless you knew she had them. Plus I heard a report recently about how make up artists do this all the time for TV and movies. So it must be something they've dealt with for a long time.

I don't see anything wrong if there are sex scenes in the film. It's a movie. Actors all the time have sex scenes in TV and movies even though they are married in real life.

Yeah the tattoos..imagine a sex scene where you can see also the "Adrienne" tattoo lol. Nah. It won't happen imo :P

I stopped breathing when I read this, omg so many bad bad images in my mind right now 0.o

OMG...at least half of the members of here are fangirling about BJ or dreaming or whatever :P all the time and even with all that we don't like to think in sex scenes :lol:

OMG...at least half of the members of here are fangirling about BJ or dreaming or whatever :P all the time and even with all that we don't like to think in sex scenes :lol:

Because it's just weird seeing that!

Totally. Masturbation, okay, and even, he doesn't do that anymore, right ?

But sex scenes it's just so weird. I mean... omg no, it's too awkward.

Totally. Masturbation, okay, and even, he doesn't do that anymore, right ?

But sex scenes it's just so weird. I mean... omg no, it's too awkward.

No, he pretty much stopped after American Idiot. The dirtiness has really toned down the last tour. :(

I know :P It reminds me of this pic

25.136.jpg

I imagined myself watching the movie covering the eyes and saying: BJ please don't do it, it will ruin my life. :lol:

No, he pretty much stopped after American Idiot. The dirtiness has really toned down the last tour. :(

Maybe because he was less/no drunk so he was more... I mean, it's true that I still refers to alcohol, but it seems obvious to me that it is with that that we're more free, we do more strangr and dirty stuff...

But seriously, I would have felt awkward with BJ masturbating in front of me. :P

I'm a kid, fuck.

Archived