What Green Day song gives you the chills?

Lone

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X-Kid, Restless Heart Syndrome, Jesus of Suburbia, 21 Guns, Good Riddance, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Viva La Gloria (Little Girl) and probably many more.

"Forgetting you but not the time" on Whatsername and "I don't give a shit about the modern age" on American Eulogy. Both give me chills every single time.

Whatsername, especially the ending of the song, 'screaming hallelujah' in Static Age, She, Brutal Love and probably some more.

Brutal Love, Extraordinary Girl, 2000 Light Years Away, J.A.R, X-Kid and Panic Song.

And, of course, WMYWSE, because hearing it when the sun was setting and the rain was was falling made it a whole new experience, a whole new piece of one's heart to tear off and grow again in the morning. I miss you, daddy. :(

Awesome topic.

No One Knows. Bass intro is just... amazing. I can close my eyes and forget about everything for a moment.

I might get some backlash for this one, but the "Hey-ohhh"s in the AAF recording of "Letterbomb" always get me.

Several highlights from both American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown:

The entirety of 21st CB (song) - especially the solo near the end and the lyrics throughout.

Jesus of Suburbia - obvious reasons

Boulevard - outro

21 Guns - final chorus

Homecoming - the beginning and 'Nobody Likes You'

Lobotomy - the guitar build up before the outro

...to name just a few - very powerful records imo.

Then from other albums - X-Kid, DRB, Macy's Day Parade, Redundant...

The middle breakdown of 21st Century Breakdown when it blasts into that sweet riff! It gets me every time.

Live version of 21 guns... " from a stooooooooooooooooone " and the piano of course.

Shoplifter - the whole song

Too much too soon - " I hope you rest in pieces, FUCK YOU " :wub:

American Eulogy - " Mike's singing ", especially in AAF where Billie and Mike both shout " and I don't give a shit about the modern age ", I've watched that part more than I should.

Green Day generally gives me chills.

Jesus of Suburbia Live in person...each and every time they play it, I feel like I have witnessed an absolute masterpiece.

Just from the records though - X-Kid, Good Riddance, Redundant, Last Night on Earth, Homecoming

Oh and the live version of American eulogy where Billie is singing "Nobody Likes You", Mike is singing "I don't wanna live in the modern world", and Jason is singing "Mass Hysteria" all at the same time...EPIC

The solo + ending of The forgotten. i tear up every time i hear "don't look away from the arms of love"

YES, EXACTLY THIS.

I might get some backlash for this one, but the "Hey-ohhh"s in the AAF recording of "Letterbomb" always get me.

That gets me sometimes too! In fact, that version in its entirety! It's even my ringtone lol. It starts at "Where will all the martyrs go..." and ends at "and don't look back."

I miss many calls just so I can hear it :blush:

Jesus of Suburbia- due to its sheer epicness and emencity. The lyrics. The subject manner. The

Emotion.

Last night on earth- I know this song gets a lot of slack but its one of my favourite Green Day songs. It's about being in so much love. Yes I'm a girl and even though most of what I listen to is rough and tuff I still love a good love song.

Wake me up When September ends. I wrote the SOTW entry for this but it was probably the most real of lyrics. It was just an outpour of emotions on Billies part. And hearing it mixed in with my personal loss of my father always gets to me.

The Forgotten- just cause there was an instagrammer that I follow that lived near the Sandy Hook area and made this post about the sandy hook school shootings and used the lyrics of this song. It KILLs me to this day.

I'm gonna go for the first thought that comes to mind.. which would probably either be Whatsername in its entirety, or mostly the ending "and in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time.. forgetting you but not the time." Maybe the beginning part of Before the Lobotomy, but not quite as much.

Archived