What Green Day song gives you the chills?

Lone

BOBD definitely! It made me get into them in the first place.

Also Having a blast, When I come around, RESTLESS HEART SYNDROME (oh boy yes that one...especially the autotuned part "Know your enemy" then the big blast out and the end with the drums and Billie screaming!)

Christie Road has given me the chills before too.

Walking Alone, Macy's Day Parade, J.A.R., Whatsername and Jesus of Suburbia, Letterbomb, Are we the waiting, Give me Novacaine, Before the Lobotomy.

Song of the century (mostly because it was the first song I ever hear live from them) iViva la Gloria!, Viva la Gloria (Little Girl) and Drama Queen...I'm so sure I'm forgetting a lot more though. :lol:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to say that Dirty Rotten Bastards does it to me. Also parts of Jesus of Suburbia and Holiday.

"Letterbomb", even though I've listened to it like a million times. Gotta listen to it again now...

The "Something inside this heart has died" part on "21 Guns", "The Forgotten", "X-Kid", "One for the Razorbacks" especially the "Look this direction, I know It's not perfection It's just me".

Oh and "Hold On" and "Restless Heart Syndrome".

I'm sure I've felt those chills over many of their songs but the one moment that really stands out for me is seeing Billie Joe sing Brutal Love at the Allstate Arena last April. It was just so powerful. When he sings, close your eyes, and I did, and then opened them right up because I didn't want to miss a second of watching him. Total chills and a few tears for sure. It gets me very time I hear it now.

I'm sure I've felt those chills over many of their songs but the one moment that really stands out for me is seeing Billie Joe sing Brutal Love at the Allstate Arena last April. It was just so powerful. When he sings, close your eyes, and I did, and then opened them right up because I didn't want to miss a second of watching him. Total chills and a few tears for sure. It gets me very time I hear it now.

I was reading this thread, and couldn't think of a song, then I read this and was like "EXACTLY!!!!!". Totally agreed. No tears, but definitely chills. Very powerful.

Boulevard of broken dreams too, missing you especially the "she's my blood, she's my soul..." part, letterbomb and westbound sign !

same as you :) (even the part of "missing you" ;) ...Boulevard of Broken dreams is my fisrt love, and I've "it's not over till you're underground" from Letterbomd tattoed on my foot)

then Time of your life, Going to pasalacqua, Whatsername, Redundant, Minority, Having a blast and so many others :lol:

Haushinka, especially during the Waiting For You part.

That's the part that gives me chills too!

The only other one I can think of is "Dry Ice". That song gives me chills everytime I listen to it.

Many songs have those parts, but I really love " she's my blood, she's my soul.... " in missing you, " I don't feel any shame... " in JOS and " calling all demons " at the end of DRB. So many more, would be a lot to post. :happy:

Oh and also, " I may be dumb but I'm stupid enough to stay with you " in Stuart and the ave, I always scream that part. :P

21 Guns. Especially that guitar reverb at the beginning and when it's repeated during the bridge.

I still remember where I was and what I was doing the first few times I listened to this song.

The opening of "Homecoming" without a doubt. It has such a haunting quality--the lone guitar, Billie's voice, the longing tone and lyrics. Especially when there's the split-second pause before "You taught me how to live." *shivers* "Jesus of Suburbia" is the superior song, but those opening seconds are my favorite moment from the entirety of American Idiot.

The AAF version of 21 Guns, when it's just Billie singing over the piano. Chills every time.

Jesus Of Suburbia (live), She, Letterbomb - especially live with BJ speech, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, 2000 Years Away

The AAF version of 21 Guns, when it's just Billie singing over the piano. Chills every time.

Gosh, yes

And this

at 1:12

Before the Lobotomy really gives me chills, as well as the bridge in Misery where he says, "Well hell hounds on your trail now once again BOY" and on.

restless heart syndrome, JAR, x kid, rest, road to acceptance, all american idiot album... and in general any green day song which make me feel suspicious that billie joe takes a look inside my own thoughts before writing a song :)

Restless Heart Syndrome is a bit of a creepy song. First time I heard that it felt like I just saw a ghost. Great song though IMO.

The drop into the solo of Restless Heart Syndrome after "know your enemy" gets me every time. Just the build ups and false releases in that song create so much tension up to that point, it's brilliant.

The ending of 21st Century Breakdown, particularly the solo. The tempo change and chord progression are unreal, and I love the melody. The same goes for "drop dead hideous" in Brutal Love, that falling melody is such a headfuck. Similarly, "when you burned down your house and home" in 21 Guns.

Wake Me Up When September Ends. Speaks for itself. Also Redundant.

Whatsername basically described my life until a couple of years ago. For that reason, I found it difficult to listen to but it was my favourite song for a long time.

Oddly, Having A Blast. Specifically the chorus. I don't really know why.

The transition into Nobody Likes You, especially the bells. On the remastered version, with the tv sounds, it's even better. When I first heard that I literally said out loud "oh my fucking god!" That's never happened before or since.

Wake Me Up When September Ends, Restless Heart Syndrome, Are We The Waiting, The Forgotten, Brutal Love, X-Kid, Amy, and Whatsername

Pretty much any songs like that.

Archived