What Green Day song gives you the chills?

Lone

Right now Having a Blast is really doing it for me...

Do you ever think back

to another time

does it bring you so down that you

thought you lost your mind <pickslide>

Great stuff. My favorite songs tend to be non- hit tracks (Deadbeat Holiday, Scattered, Letterbomb, etc.) and at the moment Having a Blast is tops on my playlist.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to say the last part of Letterbomb, it just really hits home with me when I hear it. Along with that, I also get chills from X-Kid and The Forgotten

listening to song of the century and then 21cb straight after gives me the ultimate chills. it sends me right back to when i first saw them live.

Boulevard of broken dreams gave me goosebumps. Lately I've really loved stay the night (the live version especially the solo and just after it) it really hits home.

Longview: Heard it for the first time 4 years ago, stuck in my head ever since. Never got bored of it, which is ironical :P

JAR: I dig the intro and the ending.

Know Your Enemy: Gets me charged up and motivated to deal with the problems and challenges in my life.

I listened to Haishinka for the first time in months and man it got me

I agree 100%- Haushinka is a great track and the bridge has always given me goosebumps...and does anyone else find the bridge strangely reminiscent of Stairway to Heaven? I think it's a very similar progression and melody:

And as we wind on down the road/ Will she ever find her way

Our shadows taller than our souls/ I'm too damn young to be to late but am I

I would love to hear a mashup of those bridges.

I agree 100%- Haushinka is a great track and the bridge has always given me goosebumps...and does anyone else find the bridge strangely reminiscent of Stairway to Heaven? I think it's a very similar progression and melody:

And as we wind on down the road/ Will she ever find her way

Our shadows taller than our souls/ I'm too damn young to be to late but am I

I would love to hear a mashup of those bridges.

this should definitely be done

21 Guns and Restless Heart Syndrome are my two big ones. But honestly, I get the most chills from Billie being on broadway. His voice is simply superb and the notes he hits. Gives me the chills man.

Ummm.. X-Kid and Rusty James. But, sometimes, J.A.R. gives me chills. However, it depends on mood.

Whatsername and Brutal Love. On the occasions, both Viva la Gloria! and Little Girl, too. Feel like I have to be really careful when and where I listen to those songs.

The recording (http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/93392-20130418-sports-arena-los-angeles-ca/) from the show I went to this year in LA. At the beginning of Letterbomb Billie screamed "This is it. This is our last night at home! 1, 2, 1 2 3 4!" and the song launched and every time I hear that I imagine myself right back in the arena on the barricade. Amazing feeling!

Are We The Waiting, Homecoming (specifically "Jimmy died today.." and "here we come marchin' down the street"), Whatsername (specifically "the regrets are useless in my mind, she's in my head, I must confess"), See The Light (specifically "and I don't wanna lose my sight~~~ *scream*"), Amy, J.A.R. (mainly the first verse, for some reason), Good Riddance, Macy's Day Parade and (last but not least) No One Knows.

Christie Road. It sits somwhere between upbeat and melancholic, and that gives me the shivers.

Also, No One Knows and its bassline are so dreamlike and mellow, it seems quite unreal coming from Green Day.

• 7 months later...

Yeah,And I mean, when you hear the song or a certain part of it, you reach goosebump overload. I'm talking about the good kind of chills.

For me, it would have to be Whatsername. The build up towards the explosion. It starts out nice and slow steadily building up.

"Now I wonder how Whatsername has been"

After that comes the chaos. The maximum explosion. The non-stop chills are through the chill when it gets to that part and the chills doesn't stop until the song has calmed down again towards the end.

The second one for me is the chorus in Holiday. As soon as it starts, it doesn't stop until it ends. The chills go even higher when he "from the hollow lies" part come in. It sounds so powerful, so awesome, so epic, so cool. I could go on why the chorus sends chills all over.

The third has to be tales of another broken home in JOS.

"And I, leave behind, this hurricane of fucking lies!" His voice sound so perfect in that part it's incredible. I always anylise that part. He's leaving the hollow lies behind.

I don't feel any shame I won't apoligize, when there ain't nowhere you can go, running away from pain when you've been victimized, tales from another broken" the quietness until the it happens

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome!!!!!!!!!!!!

And those are my 3 top song that give me chills.

What are yours? State your reasons why. Go!

I agree with you about Whatsername, alyhough that song gives me more sad chills.

But the backing vocals on the verse on Viva la Gloria! never fail to give me goosebumps, especially live.

I don't even remember the last time I got chills off a Green Day song, to be honest :unsure:

I get wet as soon as I hear when I come around.

Hi, turns out there's already a thread with almost exactly the same title as the one you made! So I've merged yours with it :)

So carry on everyone, and a reminder that you should make sure to say WHY a song gives you chills, because just listing song names is boring.

Macy's Day Parade and JOS, Macy's Day Parade because, I don't even know why, I've gotten the chills ever since I first heard it, and JOS, the next to last verse:

I don't feel any shame, I won't apologize
When there ain't nowhere you can go
Running away from pain when you've been victimized
Tales from another broken home

Archived