What Green Day song gives you the chills?

Lone

Very few songs in the world give me actually shivers up my spine (I Can See Clearly by Johnny Nash and Sugar Sugar by The Archies do for some reason (?)), but One For the Razorbacks does every time I hear it (something abou that intro and "you know I am lazy and a bit crazy"), 21 Guns, (all of it, but esp. the piano bit in AAF), the intro to Homecoming (popular choice I see), Misery, X-Kid (the first time I heard it, it made my scalp tingle) and Missing You (you're not around and I'm a complete disaster). Oh, and the end of Brutal Love. Oh and the strings section of The Forgotten.

And when 99 Revolution began at Emirates Stadium - Oh. My. God.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always adored "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" even though that wasn't the first Green Day song I heard. I thought it was an awesome song when it first came out and realized how much I related to the song at the time. I got sick of it (like everyone I'm sure) and had forgotten its existence. Today, I heard it at the mall and emotion just nailed me right in the gut. All that feeling that I had from listening to it for the first few times came back and I loved the song all over again. Are there any Green Day songs that made/make you feel that way?

I'd say:

Green Day (1039 smooth)

Paper lanterns

Christie road

one for the razorbacks

one of my lies

having a blast

coming clean

When it's time

Time of your life

bouleavrd of broken dreams

give me novacaine

wake me up when september ends

whatsername

Restless heart symptom

21 Guns

Walk away

The Forgotten

And more that I've forgotten

Very few songs in the world give me actually shivers up my spine (I Can See Clearly by Johnny Nash and Sugar Sugar by The Archies do for some reason (?)), but One For the Razorbacks does every time I hear it (something abou that intro and "you know I am lazy and a bit crazy")

Forgot about that one. So sincere and beautiful. Thanks for mentioning it. :wub:

Forgot about that one. So sincere and beautiful. Thanks for mentioning it. :wub:

What Sugar Sugar? mmmmmm, I think it's my favourite Green Day song. You're right, you can tell it comes straight from the heart. Lovely.

Loads of them, all of American Idiot, most of 21st Century Breakdown, quite a number from the trilogy - Lazy Bones jumps out as the first one that comes to mind. Also the Broadway cast recording of 21 Guns with Billie Joe, I love how he sings the high parts 'lower and longer', if that makes any sense.

For every GD's songs that I absolutely loved and used to listen all day long (all night long, even)... at some point I hated them !!!
And someday I listen to em, just like that, and I get the feeling... That feelings that make you, dont know how to say.. bury or deep ? into the song and ''make your stomach turn'' ;)
But mainly for Whatsername, Pulling Teeth, WICA...

Dry ice, jesus of suburbia, when i come around...
But this depends on my mood.... a while ago it was last night on earth, give me novacaine...very random
If ur a fan there always will be thousands of songs that give u the chills lol

I hadn't gotten chills when I heard 21 Guns until I heard this version.

Also this: "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier."

X-Kid. Every time. And parts of J.O.S. because its insanely epic

And when i saw American Idiot, I was one of the lucky people to see the one and only Billie Joe Armstrong in it, so I got chills during a number of the songs most notably, when he came out during St.Jimmy (i even cried a little), (surprisingly enough) Know Your Enemy, and 21 Guns which I thought was 10 times superior to the original LP version

A lot of Green Day's songs give me the chills, hahaha. But I have to go with Jesus of Suburbia and Brutal Love.

Tales from another broken....

...BOOM

Thank you very much.

Yes! JOS in general is a chill worthy song

Dearly Beloved - Brutal Love - Stay the Night just before the third chorus - Roshambo - Scattered - Letterbomb '' She said I can't take this town, I'm leaving you tonight'' - JOS ''I don't fel any shame, I won't apologized'', omg that voice *_*

Well, honestly every Green Day song, but to keep it simple, I will say: Are We The Waiting and how it takes me to my thoughts.. Also, Walk Away, Letterbomb and J.A.R.

Good Riddance (time of your life).

I didn't realize that in that song there is so much about me and my life.

Every single word, when I heard it in the moment I felt so awful and disappointed, made a sense.

That song is me now.

Today As I was watching BIAB "WMUWSE" and "Good Riddance(Time of your Life)".. chills and wet eyes.

Desensitized -- Especially the refrain

Letterbomb -- "You better run for your fucking life" , "And where will we all go when it´s too late?" and "Made me the idiot america"

Worry Rock -- Reminds me on a class trip to Scotland

Homecoming -- The beginning

Ha Ha You´re Dead -- Especially the last six lines

Either BOBD or Macy's Day Parade, or the whole Insomniac album because it is the soundtrack of my life

Give Me Novacaine,JOS,Panic Song,Lazy Bones,Stay The night(the part where Billie sings "TYOOOOHHOOO",Viva La Gloria,Are We The Waiting ,too many to name!

The town bishop's an extortionist, and he don't even know that you exist, stand still when it's do or die

YOU'D BETTER RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE

Just how it gets higher as it goes, plus it's a badass line. Also, later in the same song:

Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself? And where will we all go when it's too late?
RAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Chills every fucking time. Especially live when Billie just sings it a capella.

Letterbomb is just an incredible song.

Archived