What Green Day song gives you the chills?

Lone

I've always adored "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" even though that wasn't the first Green Day song I heard. I thought it was an awesome song when it first came out and realized how much I related to the song at the time. I got sick of it (like everyone I'm sure) and had forgotten its existence. Today, I heard it at the mall and emotion just nailed me right in the gut. All that feeling that I had from listening to it for the first few times came back and I loved the song all over again. Are there any Green Day songs that made/make you feel that way?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't get them if I listened to them right now but I have from listening to JOS, Letterbomb, and Walking Contradiction.

EDIT: Holiday, Whatsername and WICA

It's bobd too... the ending especially... this is the gd song which gives me chills every time and the "city of the dead"-part of jos...

Boulevard of broken dreams too, missing you especially the "she's my blood, she's my soul..." part, letterbomb and westbound sign !

The song and lyric that always gets me is from Whatsername, and the "forgetting you but not the time" part gives me a poet-boner. Or "chills" as you put it.

Haha you're dead. Gets me every time. Very political punk song. Destroy the bastards I don't care, I'll laugh at you it's only fair.

X-Kid

Edit: Worry Rock + Brain Stew + Hitchin' a Ride

Edit 2: Minority at Reading this year gave me chills (not that i was there)

There's loads....but when I first heard the live version of Wild One at the echoplex it gave me chills for sure.

end of whatsername, especially the combination of the lyrics "remember whatever" and billie's voice.

A lot of Green Day songs I'm sure. Especially Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming of course. But the song that gives me the chills every time is Letterbomb. When I finally heard it live last year.. oh my god. Amazing song. Also, when 21stCB came out and I listened to Before the Lobotomy I got the chills. Well, the first time hearing that album it had the same effect on me.

And about BOBD, I fell in love with that song again (and American Idiot the album as a whole) thanks to the broadway cast version. The ending of BOBD combined with "city of the dead".. wow

Not every single time I listen to every one of these songs, but typically Macy's Day Parade, JOS, Extraordinary Girl, Letterbomb, WMUWSE, Homecoming, Whatsername, 21CB, Viva La Gloria!, Before the Lobotomy, See the Light, A Quick One While He's Away, Amy and The Forgotten.

Lots of different songs have at some point. But, Viva La Gloria, Viva La Gloria (little girl), X-Kid, Armatage Shanks, Restless Heart Syndrome, Jesus of Suburbia...are some to name. Lots more though,.

And then, when you hear the songs live, that's a totally different experience all over again, and basically every song they play moves me in some way or another.

Listening to the songs though,I think any has the ability to give you 'the chills', but it all depends upon your current situation and how the lyrics and music connect to your life at that moment in time.

Nearly every time: Whatsername

Others, depending on my mood:

Macys Day Parade

Good Riddance (B-Side Version)

Murder City

Viva la Gloria

Dry Ice

Brutal Love

When its Time

Waiting

Worry Rock

The Grouch

No one knows

Nearly every Song from Insomniac

The "I won't feel any shame" bit in JOS usually gives me the chills.

The song and lyric that always gets me is from Whatsername, and the "forgetting you but not the time" part gives me a poet-boner. Or "chills" as you put it.

This too. That part always gets me, no matter how many times I listen to it.

Archived