Things Only Green Day Fans Will Understand

ollhjr

Bad fan moment here, but where does "who the fuck is Tre Cool?" come from?

Oh wow I'd like to know this too, the earliest I've seen of it is Tre wearing a t-shirt with it on in like 2002. Dunno if they just decided to put that on a shirt and that's what started it or if there's more of a story to it than that. I'll repost this in the Green Day Q&A thread, probably a better chance of getting an answer there.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad fan moment here, but where does "who the fuck is Tre Cool?" come from?

Oh wow I'd like to know this too, the earliest I've seen of it is Tre wearing a t-shirt with it on in like 2002. Dunno if they just decided to put that on a shirt and that's what started it or if there's more of a story to it than that. I'll repost this in the Green Day Q&A thread, probably a better chance of getting an answer there.

The story of "Who the fuck is Tré Cool?" is actually quite interesting.

One night, after a show in LA, the three of them were leaving a bar, very very drunk, when they bumped into Tom Cruise. Being very short, even shorter than anyone in Green Day, Tom was very quick to anger, and started an almighty kerfuffle. Not eager to take a pounding from the Hollywood A-lister's bodyguards, Billie Joe quickly shouted "don't start any shit you guys, Tré Cool will fuck you up!". The bodyguards were immensely confused by this, and paused, allowing our three heroes to scarper. Enraged, Tom Cruise could be heard screaming "WHO THE FUCK IS TRÉ COOL?" while admonishing his bodyguards for letting the trio escape. Tré of course found this hilarious, and had the t-shirt that Hermione mentioned made to commemorate that night.

So there you have it. Not a word of a lie.

One night, after a show in LA, the three of them were leaving a bar, very very drunk, when they bumped into Tom Cruise. Being very short, even shorter than anyone in Green Day, Tom was very quick to anger, and started an almighty kerfuffle. Not eager to take a pounding from the Hollywood A-lister's bodyguards, Billie Joe quickly shouted "don't start any shit you guys, Tré Cool will fuck you up!". The bodyguards were immensely confused by this, and paused, allowing our three heroes to scarper. Enraged, Tom Cruise could be heard screaming "WHO THE FUCK IS TRÉ COOL?" while admonishing his bodyguards for letting the trio escape. Tré of course found this hilarious, and had the t-shirt that Hermione mentioned made to commemorate that night.

I reallllllllly want to believe this but... how do you know its true?

• 1 month later...

That when I post Macy's Day Parade every Thanksgiving on my Facebook is really no reference to a parade.

omfg i don't know if i believe this or not but that's so funny

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

-Green Day have special powers that allow them to jump extremely high

-GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY GARDEN!!!

-Longview's bass line was written while Mike was on LSD

-No man can eat 50 eggs

-Green Day Hates the iPad

Tré Cool is the second Green Day drummer

It's not "William Joseph" it's just "Billie Joe".

In my book I wrote about my adventures at Green Day concerts ("My Green Days-the story of a fan & a band"), there are several subtle Green Day references that only Green Day fans would get. I refer to an ex-girlfriend of mine several times as a girl whom I remember the face but I can't recall her name.Some of my non Green Day fan friends who read it asked me if I really couldn't remember her name. In actuality, it's the other way around...I remember her name but I can't recall her face.

Ok, let's go:

* The "Stuck with me/Do da da" confusion.

I don't get this .-.

I don't get this .-.

Do Da Da was originally called Stuck With Me but there was a mix up somewhere down the line, so what's now known as Stuck With Me gained that title. Do Da Da was then left without a title, which is why it's called Do Da Da despite having "stuck with me" in the lyrics.

The story behind the intro of the song "Maria"

I don't know this -.-

I kind of want to know that too. Was the interview with 5 year old Billie Joe at the beginning of Maria just for fun or is there a deeper meaning to it, or am I completely over thinking this or maybe it was because it had been 25 years since Billie Joe's 1st album?

^^^ sorry quote option not working with the iPad

It's a snippet from an interview with billie when he was young after he recorded look for love. (I hope)

^^^ sorry quote option not working with the iPad

It's a snippet from an interview with billie when he was young after he recorded look for love. (I hope)

Yeah, that's right. I've never been quite sure why they included it at the start of Maria, though.

Yeah, that's right. I've never been quite sure why they included it at the start of Maria, though.

yes I understood that it was a recorded interview with Billie after making look for love I kinda just wanted to know if anyone knew why it was at the beginning of Maria.

I meant to get the quote above that one sorry

yes I understood that it was a recorded interview with Billie after making look for love I kinda just wanted to know if anyone knew why it was at the beginning of Maria.

I meant to get the quote above that one sorry

Maybe try the Q&A thread?

Do Da Da was originally called Stuck With Me but there was a mix up somewhere down the line, so what's now known as Stuck With Me gained that title. Do Da Da was then left without a title, which is why it's called Do Da Da despite having "stuck with me" in the lyrics.

And Stuck With Me was originally Alright

Archived