Things Only Green Day Fans Will Understand

ollhjr

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why, when I was due to start uni in 2009, I deferred my entry until 2010 so I'd be part of the class of 13.

haha I hadn't thought of that! That means I'm the class of '13 too!

Wilhelm Fink

Reverend Strychnine Twitch

Adeline Records

Laurie L

Awesome As Fuck

The Church Of Lushotology

Rodeo Queens

1. When you spelling Billie Joe's name as Billy Joe, everyone is about to kill you.. Actually, Billie's mom just misspelled his name, and he was supposed to be Billy Joe. So, spelling Billie Joe as Billy Joe is right. WTF I SAID? :lol:

2. That Platypus was written about Tim Yohannon (even he's dead now, he's still an arrogant asshole) founder of Gilman Street. The guy that thought Green Day wasn't punk enough (Green Day? Punk? What?) and always put them down because of that.

3. Green Day were outcasts of Gilman scene and also they were always laughed at because girls liked going to their shows (how macho :sick: ). Who's laughing now?

4. Guys didn't become super-famous-rock-stars right after they released Dookie. They hit it big in like late 1994.

5. Sean Hughes and Jason Andrew Relva.

This may be only for people that saw that episode of Haunted, but I would say:

"The ponies will get ya"

And "You know" if anyone hasn't said it already

Ok, let's go:

* The "Stuck with me/Do da da" confusion.

* Y'know?

* Green Day vs Greenday

* Jason White first appearance on WICA videoclip

* The "Cigarettes & Valentines" incident.

* The origin of John Kiftmeyer's Nickname (Al Sobrante)

Funny thing is that I learned that last one from a gay trillie fan fiction.

1. When you spell Billie Joe's name as Billy Joe, everyone is about to kill you.. Actually, Billie's mom just misspelled his name, and he was supposed to be Billy Joe. So, spelling Billie Joe as Billy Joe is right. WTF I SAID? :lol:

Citation needed, I don't know this. Haha!

1. When you spelling Billie Joe's name as Billy Joe, everyone is about to kill you.. Actually, Billie's mom just misspelled his name, and he was supposed to be Billy Joe. So, spelling Billie Joe as Billy Joe is right. WTF I SAID? :lol:

Nah that was just a joke in the 39/Smooth booklet. First of all you don't fill in a birth certificate when you've just given birth and still have painkillers in your system, you do it a few days or weeks afterwards. Second, even if the drugs part was a joke and the rest wasn't, who would/could misspell their kid's name on a birth certificate? Third, even if it was misspelled on there, she could still have spelled it they way she wanted on anything but the most official stuff. Fourth, she goes by the name "Ollie" and she named Billie's older sister "Hollie" (which is very unusual, it's nearly always Holly) - so all the evidence points to her liking names to end in "ie" not "y".

However it's still silly when people get annoyed about it being spelled Billy, when someone's name is spelled an unusual way it's to be expected that it'll often get spelled wrong and I doubt Billie gives a crap about it. I believe it was even accidentally spelled Billy in the credits of Green Day's first EP.

Only really big fans that actually followed Billie's twitter a couple of years ago will know that Why Do You Want Him is not about Billie's mom's boyfriend but about a girl he liked who had a boyfriend Billie didn't like.

Did not know that but was it the first song he wrote?

Only really big fans that actually followed Billie's twitter a couple of years ago will know that Why Do You Want Him is not about Billie's mom's boyfriend but about a girl he liked who had a boyfriend Billie didn't like.

this! he said it in that interview with Michael Mayer too

Nah that was just a joke in the 39/Smooth booklet. First of all you don't fill in a birth certificate when you've just given birth and still have painkillers in your system, you do it a few days or weeks afterwards. Second, even if the drugs part was a joke and the rest wasn't, who would/could misspell their kid's name on a birth certificate? Third, even if it was misspelled on there, she could still have spelled it they way she wanted on anything but the most official stuff. Fourth, she goes by the name "Ollie" and she named Billie's older sister "Hollie" (which is very unusual, it's nearly always Holly) - so all the evidence points to her liking names to end in "ie" not "y".

However it's still silly when people get annoyed about it being spelled Billy, when someone's name is spelled an unusual way it's to be expected that it'll often get spelled wrong and I doubt Billie gives a crap about it. I believe it was even accidentally spelled Billy in the credits of Green Day's first EP.

Well, when my grandmother gave birth to my mom, that day the nurse asked her the baby's name and she said Betty. The nurse thought grandma was still a bit drugged up so she put Beatrice on the birth certificate. Mom didn't know that was her name until she got married and needed her birth certificate for the license! :lol: So mistakes can definitely happen.

I have to kachoo at the instance of phrase "only really big fans". One can be a really big fan and not spend time refreshing social networks to see what the band, their families and random folks related to them are up to. Geez.

Well, when my grandmother gave birth to my mom, that day the nurse asked her the baby's name and she said Betty. The nurse thought grandma was still a bit drugged up so she put Beatrice on the birth certificate. Mom didn't know that was her name until she got married and needed her birth certificate for the license! :lol: So mistakes can definitely happen.

Oh really? :lol: Maybe they used to fill them in earlier then, here you wouldn't even be allowed to fill in it them same day as giving birth now. It is quite clear that it's a joke in the 39/Smooth booklet though ("Billie's mom spelled his name wrong cuz she was on drugs", along with a load of other made up joke "facts"), and Billie's never mentioned it himself which you'd think he would have given how much he likes talking about his name and family etc, I think all the articles that mention it were just going by the booklet. And her calling herself Ollie and Billie's older sister Hollie seals it I think.

Second, even if the drugs part was a joke and the rest wasn't, who would/could misspell their kid's name on a birth certificate?

The mother of late wrestler the British Bulldog gave him the middle name "Boy" because she filled his sex in the space for a middle name...true story

The mother of late wrestler the British Bulldog gave him the middle name "Boy" because she filled his sex in the space for a middle name...true story

Haha OK, these things are possible. But not in Billie's case I believe.

Archived