Things Only Green Day Fans Will Understand

ollhjr

Agreed. This theanswer person has generally been making a nuisance of him/herself in several recent threads, trolling and being a stereotypical "New Green Day's not punk rawk enough" elitist. Musso_kn has been pretty civil and patient with him/her up till now.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Fatima has any issue with what's been said in this thread she's free to contact us about it. Everyone else get back on topic please.

I think she wanted to point out that the same person is saying the same thing in each thread. Nothing more. Otherwise, I have a problem with people cussing, ESPECIALLY with mods cussing, which I saw happen three times during the last four weeks. How is it different when a mod swears at a person for their world views, when a mod tells a spammer to fuck off and when another one tells a broken-hearted guy on a tirade to calm the fuck down? It's all the same. Fatima's mistake cannot be worse than the mistakes of those three people (none of whom are the three of you), e basta.

I'll shut up now. :)

That Idiot is not an insult.

Swearing is allowed here. Swearing at people, as in using swear words to attack and insult them, isn't. Swearing while speaking to you isn't the same as swearing at you. I don't think any mods have sworn at you, but if a mod or anyone else does swear at you or otherwise attack you and you have a problem with it then you should report it or PM one of us, not post about it in random threads.

Ok, let's go:

* The "Stuck with me/Do da da" confusion.

* Y'know?

* Green Day vs Greenday

* Jason White first appearance on WICA videoclip

* The "Cigarettes & Valentines" incident.

* The origin of John Kiftmeyer's Nickname (Al Sobrante)

How good a guitarist Billie really is.

I hate how people judge the skills of the band by the music they play. Just most Green Day songs are basic three cord progressions but that doesn't mean that they cannot really do some really great and difficult stuff.

It's BILLIE not BILLY...though it's really not rocket science (after 20 something years you would think tv stations and journalists would catch on)

How good a guitarist Billie really is.

EXACTLY. People are like, "Green Day sucks" because the don't usually choose to write and play super-complicated songs.

Everybody in the band is overflowing with talent, but just don't always show it. If someone doesn't billieve that (see what I did there), show them some heavy metal covers.

How good a bassist Mike really is.

True. I think a big part of the bassist community seems to 'get' Mike though. His work on Dookie and Insomniac is pretty well respected, it's just the root note heavy recent stuff that people have a problem with.

With Billie, I can kind of understand it with so many power chords etc. but obviously when he wants to let rip with a solo he's awesome, so bluesy and intricate. I think there's a lot of misunderstanding due to Jason taking the role of lead guitarist for the most part when they play live. Casual listeners who are aware of Jason seem to consider him a far better guitarist, when really he and Billie are probably on a par.

EXACTLY. People are like, "Green Day sucks" because the don't usually choose to write and play super-complicated songs.

Everybody in the band is overflowing with talent, but just don't always show it. If someone doesn't billieve that (see what I did there), show them some heavy metal covers.

You mean the heavy metal covers such as Highway to Hell (3 chords), Iron Man (4 chords), and Master Of Puppets (4 chords)? :lol:

You mean the heavy metal covers such as Highway to Hell (3 chords), Iron Man (4 chords), and Master Of Puppets (4 chords)? :lol:

There's a lot more to Master of Puppets than four chords, my friend.

Only really big fans that actually followed Billie's twitter a couple of years ago will know that Why Do You Want Him is not about Billie's mom's boyfriend but about a girl he liked who had a boyfriend Billie didn't like.

There's a lot more to Master of Puppets than four chords, my friend.

I'm fully aware of that, but the intro is 4 chords, and that's all they play :P

I'm fully aware of that, but the intro is 4 chords, and that's all they play :P

I could've sworn they played more then that at one show, but now I can't find it.

That they released a trilogy of albums.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that I've met that have no idea they even released one album. A lot of people I've met recently think that Green Day broke up like 3 years ago.

Archived