Favorite era of Billie's voice?

Punkfreak1414

My favorite era for the sound of his voice is 21st century breakdown, it just sounded so soothing and good, with the trilogy coming in second.

What's your favorite era?

And can someone give me an answer of why it seems like billies voice gets higher and higher per album? XD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it's the Nimrod era. I felt like then it had just enough balance of roughness and polish. For me these days it seems too cleaned up in studio; leave in the imperfections, that's what makes music.

For me it's the Nimrod era. I felt like then it had just enough balance of roughness and polish. For me these days it seems too cleaned up in studio; leave in the imperfections, that's what makes music.

10000000000000% this

Gotta say Nimrod too, altho his voice now is Pefect !

Now

In my opinion his voice has never been worse. While fine for songs on Dookie and such, he can't hit the notes on songs like Waiting, Brutal Love, or Missing You. He just can't. It's fine when you're there (I was almost able to ignore it) but I can't listen to bootlegs from the last 2 years. They're actually painful.

My favourite era has to be 21stCB. He's never sounded better than that. He kept his voice in good nick, and the vocal coaching he recieved for Broadway obviously really helped. I mean, come on. He'll never top 3.22 in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-SGeoAWK1U

In my opinion his voice has never been worse. While fine for songs on Dookie and such, he can't hit the notes on songs like Waiting, Brutal Love, or Missing You. He just can't. It's fine when you're there (I was almost able to ignore it) but I can't listen to bootlegs from the last 2 years. They're actually painful.

My favourite era has to be 21stCB. He's never sounded better than that. He kept his voice in good nick, and the vocal coaching he recieved for Broadway obviously really helped. I mean, come on. He'll never top 3.22 in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-SGeoAWK1U

its not that baddd for you is it ?? - i see how you can compare era's buutt the way he sings now is still great

I agree, I mean I still love his voice but to me it is noticeably weaker and more strained than in the 21CB era. The clip you posted gave me goosebumps at that time, I almost wish he sung it like that in the studio version. I'm hoping we see a real return to glory on the next album :)

its not that baddd for you is it ?? - i see how you can compare era's buutt the way he sings now is still great

It really is that bad. Some of his recent singing has just been cringe inducing.

Can you point out somewhere in this he's actually singing in tune?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JDSq1tR-_c

I agree, I mean I still love his voice but to me it is noticeably weaker and more strained than in the 21CB era. The clip you posted gave me goosebumps at that time, I almost wish he sung it like that in the studio version. I'm hoping we see a real return to glory on the next album :)

I actually almost prefer that version to the studio version. It'd be perfect if he didn't add an unnecessary minute of hey ohs to the end, but oh well.

He just needs to get his voice sorted out. Hopefully these 6 months off will let him rest and get a bit of coaching.

It really is that bad. Some of his recent singing has just been cringe inducing.

Can you point out somewhere in this he's actually singing in tune?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JDSq1tR-_c

I actually almost prefer that version to the studio version. It'd be perfect if he didn't add an unnecessary minute of hey ohs to the end, but oh well.

He just needs to get his voice sorted out. Hopefully these 6 months off will let him rest and get a bit of coaching.

Ok he's a bit off in that one :P i still like it aha

Ok he's a bit off in that one :P i still like it aha

I can link a lot more than just that :P It's just irritating that we're getting all these great pro-shot/recorded bootlegs and I can't listen to them because Billie is constantly off-key.

I can link a lot more than just that :P It's just irritating that we're getting all these great pro-shot/recorded bootlegs and I can't listen to them because Billie is constantly off-key.

:D

he's getting old, so is his voice.. at least he keep singing well...

Dexter from the Offspring is way worse for his age, it's really painful to see him trying to reach the higher notes on the songs

Ok I'd personally say 39/Smooth era stuff like early 1990s and Nimrod. But all of the 90s was great. In fact all of Billie is good singing, because, ya'know, he's Billie

Archived