Green Day Quotes

Fuzz

A Billie Joe Armstrong special:

"A guy walks up to me and asks "what's punk?". So I kick over a garbage can and say "that's punk!" So he kicks over a garbage can and says "that's punk?" and I say "no, that's trendy!""

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A guy walks up to me and asks "what's punk?". So I kick over a garbage can and say "that's punk!" So he kicks over a garbage can and says "that's punk?" and I say "no, that's trendy!""

I remember reading or watching it in an interview!

:lol:

qp4hf6.jpg

this one is the ultimate best

not a quote but i love it;

bja: hey everybody say 'shut the fuck up' and we'll stop playing. ok 1 2 3..

crowd: SHUT THE FUCK UP

bja: okay. we're gone. good bye.

Where is that from? :P

Can it be a tweet too? This is from Billie, 2 years ago:

"The final 4. Enjoy every second. Feel every second. Cry every second. Laugh every second. Destroy every second. Give every second."

Also:

"Nobody leaves this band unless it's in a coffin."

I'll try to be serious and post some " good " ones. ( believe me, it's hard. :P )

All from Bills:

“Attack your instruments. Don't let them attack you.”

“You can't change the wind but you can set your sails.” :wub:

“‎The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore.”

This one is god:

“If someone falls down, pick them back up. Just because there's not a frickin camera in your face doesn't mean you don't have to look out for each other.”

Had to:

I don't care what you do, I just don't want to be a mud hippie like you.

Ktnxbai. :D

It would probably be very helpful to list the sources - in case they're needed for something and/or for us who have missed more than a decade of closely watching everything. Thanks in advance. :blush:

I'm intrigued as to why you drifted away from Green Day for so long and came back. Is that possible? Either: a) You have been tempted away by Coldplay and have now had therapy b) You've been kidnapped and have been residing in someone's attic for ten years c) You've been on a sabbatical to the Amazon. Just being nosy!! :)

Interviewer: I hear a lot of anger against religion in your music.

Billie: No, I-I-I love Jesus.(yes, he said "I" 3-4 times)

Interviewer: You love Jesus?

Tre: I just hate sandals. :lol:

This part is from the Stephen Colbert Report on Comedy Central (May 2009).

I can never find this interview, is it not on You Tube?

Not really a Green Day quote but a I love what Adrienne tweeted last September: "Sometimes we just need a moment to reset ourselves".

Uh, I was just rewatching an interview from 2009 and...

*Billie laughs* "We just gangbang each other!"

:lol:

"If there's a formula to selling out, I think every band in the world would be doing it. The fact that you write good songs and you sell too many of them, if everybody in the world knew how to do that they'd do it. It's not something we chose to do. The fact was we got to a point that we were so big that tons of people were showing up at punk-rock clubs, and some clubs were even getting shut down because too many were showing up. We had to make a decision: either break up or remove ourselves from that element. And I'll be damned if I was going to flip fucking burgers. I do what I do best. Selling out is compromising your musical intention and I don't even know how to do that." —Mike Dirnt settles the whole issue of the band being "not punk enough" once and for all.

“You can't change the wind but you can set your sails.” :wub:

This one could be awesome as a tattoo!

It's not an original BJA quote though.....just so you know before the inking!

It's not an original BJA quote though.....just so you know before the inking!

aha thank you! But I like the quote anyway. :)

"Play the song, don't play the instrument." - Tre Cool, 2009.

That's had a massive effect on my musicianship since I read it.

• 2 years later...

“It's really hard to "read" an interview. Sometimes people will say things with different tones of voice, and it's not actually what they're saying. If someone says somebody sucks you can't tell if they're being sarcastic or serious. Sometimes I'll read something I've said and think, "What an asshole, did I actually say that!?!"”
—Billie Joe, from Discorder Magazine, 1992.

Relieved I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's also exactly what happens when I'm sarcastic on social media.

On 9/11/2013 at 5:36 PM, Stacie Anne said:

Making mistakes is a lot better than not doing anything - BJA

i pretty much live by this quote, i'm getting it tattooed on me soon.

"To do something  you feel in your heart that's great you have to make a lot of mistakes.  Anything that's successful is a serious of mistakes."     Another similar and awesome one.  

Archived