Why did it take green day a short amount of time to write the trilogy?

Punkfreak1414

Well, I think my username is a bit more creative than "Whatsernamexx100," "ILURVBILLIEJOE," "xtraordinarygrl93," and usernames of that caliber so yeah :P

Also idk why you think people who aren't trilogy enthusiasts are trolls.

I wasn't calling you a troll really. And when I mentioned trolls it wasn't so much in reference to this thread as a problem I have with this site in general. I admit the post I originally replied to was trollish however. But I definitely don't think you're a troll purely because you didn't like the trilogy. You're entitled to your opinions of course.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5) a lot of the good trilogy song are old songs. like carpe diem and stuff. imagine what the unreleased songs are like. maybe just alot of copies of other trilogy songs

You criticize Stay the Night for being a similar chord progression as another trilogy song, then say the good trilogy songs are the old ones... Stay the Night was the first song Billie wrote for the trilogy... so that doesn't make much sense... just saying.

Oh God the feminazis are here :\

tumblr_m8e67inAEk1r7xas6o1_500.jpg

Oh God the feminazis are here :\

Bitch please. If you're not into the topic and how we discuss it you might as well fuck off with your little snappy comment.

I think that to say there isn't a biased dislike towards the trilogy for whatever reason is silly. There is. There is with almost every Green Day album. I like the trilogy, other people don't like the trilogy. Some of Green Day's best and worst material can be found in it. The lyrics are kind of crappy at times. These are all opinions and none of them are fact, just what I think to be true.

You think the trilogy is uninspired? That's cool, you can think that. I hate how people jump on others who post like their way is the correct way ONLY when they're speaking postively about it.

Also my 2 cents on the feminazi thing: dumb term. It's a dumb term but to assume that people who use it think "EVERY FEMINIST/GIRL WHO WANTS EQUAL RIGHTS IS A FEMINAZI" is just as dumb. It should correctly be used in a situation where a feminist (or anybody talking about issues like that really) is being snappy and rude and just terrible to talk to and yeah, there are a lot of people like that. Completely innapropriate to use in any other context and kind of an asshole thing to say in general, but we all say asshole things.

Anyone else taking up the femnazi debate in a thread about the trilogy will be bitch slapped.

:thumbsup::hug:

Evidently not, though—again, look at the quality of the lyrics of the Trilogy compared to previous albums. They were clearly rushing the whole thing. And again, my point with 21CBD is they wrote a huge number of songs, but then did the smart thing and trashed most of them and picked a select group to really put their best into. For the Trilogy, they just went "Fuck it" and threw everything in.

yet they left out State of Shock, Dreamcatcher, Olivia and probably many others. I remember Billie saying he wrote around 60 but the band only worked on about forty, so they might've left off two or three that they worked on. I think the songs i previously mentioned are great songs and could've been better than a good 30% of the trilogy songs at least

Bitch please. If you're not into the topic and how we discuss it you might as well fuck off with your little snappy comment.

Why, because you're not into the way I discuss it?

you called everyone who disagreed femnazis, you cuntnugget. Not so fun to be called names, is it?

"Feminazi" is an absolutely delightful word, comparing women to Jew-killers. You called a bunch of people "feminazis" in your reply. That's called an attack, and we're not fond of those here. If it happens again, or if you keep spamming this thread (or any thread, for that matter) up with that shit, you'll be sent on an all-expenses-paid vacation to another website for 24 hours. Last warning.

I'm playing in a band and writing songs myself.

Reasons why is was fast:

1) Creating songs like the trilogy songs is easy. most of them are "intro, verse, pre chorus, chorus, verse, pre chorus, chorus, solo, chorus, outro" ... so no creative progress here.

2) they are in the business for a long tme and they just know how to write a song quick. even I could write an whole album in like 3 month und another 3 month to learn how to play it with the band. The songs wouldnt be special in any way but they would be there

3) 21th breakdown and AI have more complexe songs. Longer songs, with different parts and different melodys. to write a song like that take the same amount like writing 5 shitty ones.

Take a look at 21th century breakdown (the song) and think about how you come up with that. its not a mirracle or something but it takes much more time then a song like troublemaker.

4) many songs from the trilogy are rip off songs from..... the trilogy. 99 revolutions and lazy bones... cant even tell which one I'm listening to until the guitar starts to play. troublemaker and fuck time? same intro too. take a look at stay the night and 8th ave serenade. they use the same chords even in the intro. its like taking the chords from welcome to paradise and play them backwards... wait... that would be ramones blitzkrieg bop...

let me get into this... when you write a song, you are looking for matching chords that sound good together. if you just take all the chords from a song you already wrote and rearrange them you can wite new songs in hours.

5) a lot of the good trilogy song are old songs. like carpe diem and stuff. imagine what the unreleased songs are like. maybe just alot of copies of other trilogy songs

well...so much for now

Yeah, and when the Ramones used the same exact chords for multiple songs, no one bats an eye.

But when Green Day does it, all hell breaks loose. :rolleyes:

Wow. It's actually really good. But this is coming from someone who likes 21st Century Letdown, right?

Both of you are wrong, 21st century breakdown and the trilogy are lovely.

I want to hug you for this. :wub:

Please don't start this again...

Why? Just cause you don't care for the albums don't mean they are bad albums

May I ask what the fuck is wrong with liking those albums? I fell in love with 21CB the first time I heard it, and I still love it today. Same with the Trilogy - hell, those three albums are what kept me sane throughout my freshman year of college. They couldn't have been released at a better time.

Music taste is solely about opinion. You don't have to like those albums, but you can't look down on others for liking them - that's just ridiculous. And like WhiteTim said, the fact that you don't like them that doesn't make them bad.

May I ask what the fuck is wrong with liking those albums? I fell in love with 21CB the first time I heard it, and I still love it today. Same with the Trilogy - hell, those three albums are what kept me sane throughout my freshman year of college. They couldn't have been released at a better time.

Music taste is solely about opinion. You don't have to like those albums, but you can't look down on others for liking them - that's just ridiculous. And like WhiteTim said, the fact that you don't like them that doesn't make them bad.

I mean don't start that debate again.

Well, there we have it. DookieLukie has spoken, the Trilogy debate is over. If we could all refrain from ever mentioning it again that'd be just grand.

Archived